Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:12:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omar Bogle  (Read 15830 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Omar Bogle
« Reply #90 on September 15, 2021, 08:05:56 am by Jonathan »
I’ll add that I’ve supported (and defended) Bogle as my posting history on this forum would show. But his latest approach of letting things out via social media group chats, and posting silly pictures, has started to show a disrespect and disregard for the club that pays his not inconsiderable wage. Added to which, the leaks coming from Bogle have led to some of the more naive posters imagining and inventing things that Wellens may have said and done. If we stuck to what’s officially in the public domain this situation wouldn’t be attracting the attention that it is. We’d simply be looking at an under performing player (or players) being left out of consideration for the squad having refused opportunities elsewhere.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on September 15, 2021, 08:19:33 am by Filo »
Since leaving Grimsby in 2017 his appearances are:

Wigan 14
Cardiff 21
Peterborough 9
Birmingham 15
Portsmouth 12
Den Haag 5
Charlton 17

That to me suggests one of two things, either theres a problem with his attitude or application, or his level is National League, League 2

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on September 15, 2021, 08:34:36 am by since-1969 »
Has Bogel made the obligatory statement of “I want to stay snd fight for my place in the team”? As I can’t see it anywhere . Wellens will have expected Bogel to communicate that if he’s staying and wants to try and get back into Wellens plans. Instead we have this ridiculous state of a manager ostracising Bogel from the club and then going cap in hand to get another striker.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on September 15, 2021, 08:49:56 am by Chris Black come back »

Wigan 14
Cardiff 21
Peterborough 9
Birmingham 15
Portsmouth 12
Den Haag 5
Charlton 17

That to me suggests one of two things, either theres a problem with his attitude or application, or his level is National League, League 2

People will be getting bored of this now, but my previous post below remains a real eye opener. Now not every striker has to be a 20 goal man (Chris Brown was very highly effective for us) and Omar was brought in to solve a specific problem we had of ball retention up front, but all the same…

He has scored a total of 114 league goals in his career. 78 of these have been in non-league (and the majority of these, 65 at Conference North level). So around 70 per cent of all his league goals ever scored have been in non league and nearly 60 per cent of all his league goals ever scored have been in the semi pro game.

It gets even tougher though. He has only ever scored 17 league goals at League One level or above. That's 17 in 97 games at League One level or above, 1 in 5.7. That unscientific average would deliver 8 league goals if he played a 46 game season. Not so bad.

However, the most games he has managed in the same season for the same club outside of non league is 27, back in the 2016/17 season.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on September 15, 2021, 09:28:25 am by Pancho Regan »
And the general consensus was that Mourinho was totally out of order.

We obviously have different approaches to management. The line I think the overwhelming majority of managers would have taken was to simply say that Bogle was not part of his plans and was available for transfer but that moves had fallen through. Questioning motives publicly is simply unprofessional.

Which would have immediately prompted the question "Why did the moves fall through?"
To which RW would have to have lied or said "no comment" or words to that effect.

RW is a young manager still learning all aspects of his trade and was never known for holding back, but I find his openness and honesty refreshing. I don't think he's done or said anything out of order in this matter.
Just my opinion.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on September 15, 2021, 10:23:56 am by The Beast »

Wigan 14
Cardiff 21
Peterborough 9
Birmingham 15
Portsmouth 12
Den Haag 5
Charlton 17

Every one of those clubs are bigger than us, which as a rule would usually suggest that he’s been competing against better strikers to get a starting role. I doubt in the form he’s in now he’s anything like a good league one forward but then when you’re having less than 40% possession and the game’s being played in your half it’s difficult to look any good up front. He’s not alone, I’d say looking at the recent teams we’ve put out, we’ve only got 3/4 players who are proven league 1 players and none of the midfielders have ever really scored any goals at any level.
Richie’s got a massive job on but I’m sure things will slowly get better. It’s a frustrating time for the fans, don’t know if it makes some feel better to vent all their anger at Omar, when he does finally leave it’ll be someone else.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on September 15, 2021, 11:24:07 am by Canadian Rover »
He had this record PRIOR to him signing.

The whole discussion here is not about Omar Bogles past (or even to some degree current performance levels) it's about the management of a situation.

I would love to see Wellens succeed at DRFC however we keep hearing of the Rovers recruitment/selection policies being the same over the past few years. And how players have to fit into the DNA of the club. If we are talking about commitment to training the community and the fan base then Andy Butler would still be a Rover. I suspect (with no evidence) he too was an outcast from the squad.

With Williams and Bogle - Wellens made it clear he wanted them gone (perhaps) his mouthing off in the media about the two players is what has caused other clubs to not make offers substantial enough for either to leave.

The circumstances lead to Wellens desperately going from one club to another looking for a forward. The Club (frustratingly) couldn't get choices A or B over the line - instead we have option C (who isn't really a centre forward) but more of a winger.  We have 2 decent centre forwards at the club in Fej (injured) and Bogle (outcast) I belive the last centre forward to score a league goal for us was Richards?

So it seems strange to have not tried to build the confidence or relationship with Omar from Wellens point of view. As a manager/coach you are required to manage the players and or coach them to your style or philosophy of play. This is where I think Wellens has failed so far.

Now are Williams and or Bogle throughly unprofessional? Maybe. If so I think we'd have heard by now.  But something is wrong at the club or within the squad.  I can't remember when a player(s) were publicly frozen out from our teams.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on September 15, 2021, 11:29:37 am by The Beast »

The whole discussion here is not about Omar Bogles past (or even to some degree current performance levels) it's about the management of a situation.

I would love to see Wellens succeed at DRFC however we keep hearing of the Rovers recruitment/selection policies being the same over the past few years. And how players have to fit into the DNA of the club. If we are talking about commitment to training the community and the fan base then Andy Butler would still be a Rover. I suspect (with no evidence) he too was an outcast from the squad.

With Williams and Bogle - Wellens made it clear he wanted them gone (perhaps) his mouthing off in the media about the two players is what has caused other clubs to not make offers substantial enough for either to leave.

The circumstances lead to Wellens desperately going from one club to another looking for a forward. The Club (frustratingly) couldn't get choices A or B over the line - instead we have option C (who isn't really a centre forward) but more of a winger.  We have 2 decent centre forwards at the club in Fej (injured) and Bogle (outcast) I belive the last centre forward to score a league goal for us was Richards?

So it seems strange to have not tried to build the confidence or relationship with Omar from Wellens point of view. As a manager/coach you are required to manage the players and or coach them to your style or philosophy of play. This is where I think Wellens has failed so far.

Now are Williams and or Bogle throughly unprofessional? Maybe. If so I think we'd have heard by now.  But something is wrong at the club or within the squad.  I can't remember when a player(s) were publicly frozen out from our teams.
That’s a fair point CR that I’d never really thought about, by adopting this stance you are devaluing your assets and making a satisfactory offer less likely.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on September 15, 2021, 12:59:02 pm by Jonathan »
No player has been publicly frozen out of our team / training sessions. You’re relying on the word of Bogle (and his photo with Williams) for that.

Now I’m not saying they haven’t been frozen out, but those lambasting Wellens for his public conduct on this would be well served to think about where they got this information from.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on September 15, 2021, 01:35:20 pm by Barmby Rover »
I wouldn't mind seeing the word Bogle frozen out of this forum, he has made it pretty clear he has no interest in being a Rovers player, so why should there be any interest in him?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on September 15, 2021, 01:41:46 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Omar's a tool & his agent is a woman beating scumbag.

Be a good day when they're both gone from our club.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on September 15, 2021, 02:47:16 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Richie Wellens is the man responsible for getting the team to be successful on the field of play.  He obviously saw something in Bogle that convinced him that he would not satisfy the requirements.  On the strength of what we as supporters have seen from Bogle it's hard to disagree with Wellens' judgement on him.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on September 15, 2021, 03:58:57 pm by Colin C No.3 »
What have,

Theo Robinson, Adie Mike, Curtis Main, Steve Brooker, Alfie May & Waide Fairhurst got in common?

They all have a better scoring ratio for Rovers than Omar Bogle.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on September 15, 2021, 04:41:02 pm by German Rover »
I wouldn't mind seeing the word Bogle frozen out of this forum, he has made it pretty clear he has no interest in being a Rovers player, so why should there be any interest in him?

Sorry if I've missed him saying he isn't interested. All I see is him backing himself by turning down Bradford. He believes he can play at League One and has a contract to do so. the whole situation has been horrifically managed by Richie Wellens, and will probably put some other players off from joining the club while hes manager.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on September 15, 2021, 05:02:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No player has been publicly frozen out of our team / training sessions. You’re relying on the word of Bogle (and his photo with Williams) for that.

Now I’m not saying they haven’t been frozen out, but those lambasting Wellens for his public conduct on this would be well served to think about where they got this information from.
Of COURSE Bogle has been frozen out of the team. Read Wellens's interview. And then remember that 4 days later, with Bogle apparently fit, Wellens started the Rotherham match with Matt Smith at centre forward.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on September 15, 2021, 05:11:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I wonder how many of Wellens' detractors who were against his appointment in the first place are using this thread to claim righteousness in their opposition to his appointment?

Just wondering if the epidemic of political bad losers on the off-topic page has spread to the football section.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on September 15, 2021, 06:06:25 pm by normal rules »
The question has been asked. And yet no one has answered .

How should RW have dealt with the Bogle scenario other than how he has?
A contracted player who is still fit , but manager no longer wants him to play for drfc ( for whatever reason) The public reasons are that he does not play to the style that is expected. I suspect there are more reasons that will probably never be in the public domain.

So how should this have been portrayed to the fans/public. Because you can bet your bottom dollar there are many people, some on here that would be screaming from the rafters if wellens had kept the dirty laundry private and simply refused to play him. Speculation, gossip and rumour would have been rife. Damaged confidence in the clu and lies. And it would have all come out in the wash. Instead RW has been clear and transparent, and while some find that un necessary, unjustified and unsavoury; I applaud RW for taking this stance. Tell it how it is. He expected a reaction from the player, and at the moment that expectation has back fired, doing manager, player and club no good.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on September 15, 2021, 06:47:17 pm by The Beast »
I was happy with the appointment and I still hope Wellens turns it around, I wouldn’t get rid of him even if we were bottom at Christmas.

I’m just interested to know what has gone off, what’s he done that’s worse than any of the other players? We’ve won 2 in the last 20 and we’ve got players playing who are nowhere near league 1 level (in the main due to injuries), why is Omar any worse?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on September 15, 2021, 06:54:16 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Wigan 14
Cardiff 21
Peterborough 9
Birmingham 15
Portsmouth 12
Den Haag 5
Charlton 17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Bogle

Birmingham City (loan)

On 7 August 2018, Bogle joined Birmingham City on a season-long loan.[69] He made his debut as a second-half substitute in a 1–0 defeat away to Middlesbrough,[70] and made three league starts during August.[14] However, as Che Adams began to develop a productive partnership with Lukas Jutkiewicz – both had ten goals by mid-December[71] – Bogle became increasingly peripheral, losing his place on the bench to youngster Beryly Lubala.[72] According to manager Garry Monk, not having spent pre-season with Birmingham had made it difficult for Bogle; "he was just so eager to score a goal when he first came in and that probably distracted from the other work that needed to be done." He worked hard to regain a place on the bench,[73] and scored his first goal for the club on 26 December with a shot from distance to secure a 2–0 home win against Stoke City.[74]

the phrase "not the sharpest tool in the box comes to mind"

on a totaly different subject ..... if your manager asks you to do some runs at a certain angle and other things for the team and  (a) you haven't the intelligence to do that or (b) WON'T (because you know better) then "Houston we have a problem"

at Grimsby Mr. Bogle had the team set up to play to his strengths along with John Lewis (who helped put him in the shop window)

on another  totaly different subject ..
There is a conveyor belt of  what CLH calls "hybrid footballers" out there --- they are well built strong on the ball and can run fast and sadly a lot are "not the sharpest tool in the box"  and
don't understand tactics, things like anticipating where a ball will land etc ( a skill Mr. Lineker had) MOVEMENT  ????

Now back on the subject of Bogle and his stay at clubs ......  as Keir Starmer says quite often in Parliament " we can see a pattern developing here"   not E.P.T.A.S. (every picture tells a story)     BUT E.M.T.A.S. Every Move Tells A Story
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 06:57:48 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on September 15, 2021, 06:59:36 pm by Jonathan »

Of COURSE Bogle has been frozen out of the team. Read Wellens's interview. And then remember that 4 days later, with Bogle apparently fit, Wellens started the Rotherham match with Matt Smith at centre forward.

No. We started without anyone at centre forward. Bogle was left out as we were very clearly trying to move him on. He’s been left out of the squad because he’s not good enough, and Wellens has explained it clearly and tactfully, there’s been no public flogging. There’s only you that’s eulogising over his 30 minutes at Accrington Stanley desperately trying to justify your stance because you cannot bring yourself to admit you’ve got this one wrong.

Just admit that you’ve been misled by a bit of social media posturing, and what you thought had happened is not the case.

Give it up, you’re wrong. Try to live with that. We’re all wrong sometimes, even you! Welcome to the club.

But you won’t admit it. So go on, have the last word.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on September 15, 2021, 07:20:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm doing my level best to keep this polite and impersonal Jonathan, but it's not easy. You're a clever lad and usually a very good poster but I assume you're having a rough couple of days because your being rather childish here.

I haven't eulogised about his performance at Accrington. Grow up. I have simply said it was as competent a performance as any other player that night. Which makes it odd that (if we are simply talking football ability) he was left out of the 18 at Rotherham, while we started without a recognised striker. What had happened between the Accrington and Rotherham matches of course was that Bogle had turned down a transfer and Wellens had very publicly expressed his displeasure at that. That was my point about him being frozen out. You can by all means say he deserves it and it is a sensible decision, but to deny it has happened is simply obtuse.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 07:25:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on September 15, 2021, 07:31:15 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Pssst

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wheater

Oldham Athletic

After originally turning Oldham down in an attempt to remain at Bolton, Wheater signed for local rivals Oldham Athletic on 1 August 2019 on a one-year deal with a second year option included, earning £4,000 per week.[27][28] He made his debut two days later, starting in a 1–0 defeat against Forest Green Rovers[29] and scored his first goal for Oldham on 24 August in a 2–1 away win against Cambridge United.[30] On 29 August Wheater was named the Oldham captain.[31] In January 2020 Bolton made a bid for Wheater, and owner Abdallah Lemsagam assumed Wheater would leave and join his former club, though Wheater decided to remain at Oldham.[32] He finished the season with 35 appearances and 4 goals and his extra year option was activated as he needed to have played 20 matches to get the extra year. On 21 September 2020 Wheater, and teammate Gary Woods, were removed from the first team and forced to train with the youth team as Oldham had been trying to force them out of their contracts.[33][34] On 12 March 2021, he was released by Oldham Athletic.[35]

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on September 15, 2021, 07:38:50 pm by Jonathan »
I'm doing my level best to keep this polite and impersonal Jonathan, but it's not easy. You're a clever lad and usually a very good poster but I assume you're having a rough couple of days because your being rather childish here.

I haven't eulogised about his performance at Accrington. Grow up. I have simply said it was as competent a performance as any other player that night. Which makes it odd that (if we are simply talking football ability) he was left out of the 18 at Rotherham, while we started without a recognised striker. What had happened between the Accrington and Rotherham matches of course was that Bogle had turned down a transfer and Wellens had very publicly expressed his displeasure at that. That was my point about him being frozen out. You can by all means say he deserves it and it is a sensible decision, but to deny it has happened is simply obtuse.

Thank you for doing your level best. You’re getting closer to admitting that what Wellens has actually said publicly is not that bad.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on September 15, 2021, 07:56:54 pm by drfchound »
I think it is reasonable to suggest that Bogle was left out of the squad for Rotherham because the game was just before the end of the August transfer window and there were moves afoot to find him a move to another club.
If he had got injured at Rotherham it would have scuppered any potential move.
I don’t think there is anything odd in him being left out at Rotherham.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on September 15, 2021, 07:59:55 pm by belton rover »
I wonder how many of Wellens' detractors who were against his appointment in the first place are using this thread to claim righteousness in their opposition to his appointment?

Just wondering if the epidemic of political bad losers on the off-topic page has spread to the football section.

It’s a shame it’s come to this. Billy’s all but lost his credibility on ‘Off Topic’, but instead of accepting that, his condescending arrogance has slithered over to all things red and white. This is the last thing we need at this testing time for DRFC.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on September 15, 2021, 08:08:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I hope this isn't the beginning of the "Bogle's Shocking Treatment" party.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on September 15, 2021, 08:27:30 pm by belton rover »
Could it be that Bogle is Diane Abbot’s love child?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on September 15, 2021, 08:42:35 pm by normal rules »
The cod heads seem to know him best. These comments from 18months ago.

“In truth ,Bogle has achieved very little since leaving Town. Wigan off loaded him super fast and Cardiff have loaned him out to whoever would have him. He's been lucky in the fact that his lower league goals made him look -on paper- better that he actually is.But the sad fact is the higher placed clubs soon found him out.We've all seen his petulance on field when some defender takes the ball off him or he makes other stupid mistakes.That attitude has been his undoing. Until he sorts his head out he's never going to fullfill the promiss that so many have thought him capable of.Give me Amond anyday.”

“When he was good, he was really good. At other times, he was a petulant twit who wasn’t a team player.
I’d rather us spend that sort of money on two team players”

Petulance, non team player. Out of his depth above lge 2. It all adds up to a stack up with Wellens who has recognised this from the off I suspect, and called him out. It’s no wonder he is not being played.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on September 15, 2021, 09:14:36 pm by VivaRovers »
On Ed Williams, when I interviewed Wellens on Friday he told me - though this didn’t make my edit - that Williams has been offered to every club in League One, League Two, Conference, Conference North, and Conference South, and only one Conference North side has shown an interest. That he’s not gone there suggests that Williams may’ve turned it down.

I feel for Williams a bit in that he’s currently suffering as a result of not fulfilling the promise that led to him being offered a two year contract. But as others have said in this thread there are ways and means to handle such a situation.

Sadly I can’t offer anything on Bogle as Richie wasn’t very forthcoming and I didn’t want to press him for fear of him not being up for the rest of the interview.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on September 15, 2021, 09:19:51 pm by The Beast »
Could it be that Bogle is Diane Abbot’s love child?
Another easy target, nice one.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012