Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:51:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omar Bogle  (Read 15843 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Omar Bogle
« Reply #120 on September 15, 2021, 09:19:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
Maybe it was back to Kidderminster Harriers that was on offer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on September 15, 2021, 09:35:29 pm by belton rover »
Could it be that Bogle is Diane Abbot’s love child?
Another easy target, nice one.

What on earth do you mean?
I think you might have made a wild, ignorant assumption there, Beast.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on September 15, 2021, 09:47:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I agree with you about Williams VR. But he surely has to go down as one of the worst signings we've ever made.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on September 15, 2021, 09:52:02 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
A two year contract after weeks of trials. 3 managers never bothered to give him more than a couple of minutes. No major injuries as an excuse. He's the worst i can remember.

Love to know who spotted him. Whether his agent is Moores mate like a lot of the signings we made under him or if it was the recruitment guy. Either way Moore had weeks with him on trial and thought a 2 year contract was sound. Then proceeded to never pick him!

Whatever position were in now i think we're better off without Moore. That much becomes clearer every week

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on September 15, 2021, 09:52:50 pm by Pancho Regan »
I'm doing my level best to keep this polite and impersonal Jonathan, but it's not easy. You're a clever lad and usually a very good poster but I assume you're having a rough couple of days because your being rather childish here.

I haven't eulogised about his performance at Accrington. Grow up. I have simply said it was as competent a performance as any other player that night. Which makes it odd that (if we are simply talking football ability) he was left out of the 18 at Rotherham, while we started without a recognised striker. What had happened between the Accrington and Rotherham matches of course was that Bogle had turned down a transfer and Wellens had very publicly expressed his displeasure at that. That was my point about him being frozen out. You can by all means say he deserves it and it is a sensible decision, but to deny it has happened is simply obtuse.

You’re not doing very well with your efforts to keep this impersonal BST.
“Grow up”
“Your (sic) being rather childish...”

Sometimes you really need to hold up your hands and admit you’re wrong.
Give it a try, you might find it a cathartic experience.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on September 15, 2021, 10:14:27 pm by BobG »
It's a two sided argument Pancho. Who cast the first stone?

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on September 15, 2021, 10:15:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Bob, serious question, are you scared of BST?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on September 15, 2021, 10:16:39 pm by BobG »
No BB. Should I be?

Cheers

BobG

Later. I get it. Of course, it depends upon your definition of 'insult' or 'dig' but to my eyes even though he is a friend, both the initial, and subsequent vast majority of such things have come from Jonathan. So having a pop at BST for making a comparatively trivial amount of them is both blinkered and betrays the prejudices of the person making the pop  at Billy. Hence me asking 'Who cast the first stone?'
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:26:24 pm by BobG »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on September 15, 2021, 10:19:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
No, you shouldn't, but I was just curious.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on September 15, 2021, 10:22:32 pm by wilts rover »
Bob, serious question, are you scared of BST?

BB I think if you knew Bob and his history with DRFC from the Richardson days you would withdraw that comment pretty sharpish.

And if you dont - then I suggest you read up on it. Then you might not be asking bizarre questions like that.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on September 15, 2021, 10:27:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Wilts, I'm a Rovers fan, boy and man and do know a bit about Bob's and his dad's history with DRFC during the Richardson period.

I stand by the question though, because then was then, and now is now.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on September 15, 2021, 10:30:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm doing my level best to keep this polite and impersonal Jonathan, but it's not easy. You're a clever lad and usually a very good poster but I assume you're having a rough couple of days because your being rather childish here.

I haven't eulogised about his performance at Accrington. Grow up. I have simply said it was as competent a performance as any other player that night. Which makes it odd that (if we are simply talking football ability) he was left out of the 18 at Rotherham, while we started without a recognised striker. What had happened between the Accrington and Rotherham matches of course was that Bogle had turned down a transfer and Wellens had very publicly expressed his displeasure at that. That was my point about him being frozen out. You can by all means say he deserves it and it is a sensible decision, but to deny it has happened is simply obtuse.

“Grow up”

Thanks for the advice Pancho.

The "childish" comment was a direct response to someone saying I was "eulogising" Bogle's performance at Accrington and telling me I was "desperately trying to justify your stance because you cannot bring yourself to admit you’ve got this one wrong."

I have a policy in here of trying never to start a personal assault. I'm the first to admit that I don't always live up to that standard. But I absolutely didn't start this one.  And if someone does act childishly in starting one like this, I reserve the right to reply appropriately. It's instructive that you were fine with the poster who started the personal angle. Your call.

I'm not admitting I'm wrong on this because I don't believe I am. I think the club has handled this poorly and I've seen nothing to change my mind. Other people are perfectly at liberty to disagree and if they do, that's fine. I wouldn't tell them it's a character fault that led to them disagreeing with me.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:33:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on September 15, 2021, 10:36:03 pm by Jonathan »
You started it.

Jesus.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on September 15, 2021, 10:41:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Look at the context Jonathan. I'm being criticised for having a go at you. By someone who seems oblivious to the fact that it was in response to you having a go at me. Simple as that.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on September 15, 2021, 11:32:24 pm by Jonathan »
Look at the context Jonathan. I'm being criticised for having a go at you. By someone who seems oblivious to the fact that it was in response to you having a go at me. Simple as that.

In an effort to draw this to a close, I will concede that I do genuinely admire your dogged determination and persistence.

Had I been asked to provide direct quotations to substantiate a thoroughly unprofessional public humiliation, and found an article in which the accused described said performances as “not that great” and said “we’ll see how it goes,” then I’d probably have been inclined to admit that it wasn’t actually as bad as I’d thought. But not you. You’ll carry on down the same line, sensationalising what’s in front of you and point blank refusing to admit in any way that it might not actually be quite as you’d thought. Whilst certainly not an approach I’d want to take myself, I do have some begrudging admiration for it. So we’ll draw a line there.

Apologies if you feel I started it. I know that’s hugely significant.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on September 15, 2021, 11:48:06 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Shame on you Billy.

The playground bully goes to sleep happy again that he ‘sits highest on the hill of debate’.

But only in your eyes.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on September 16, 2021, 12:09:09 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Jonathan. As I've said several times, we have a difference of opinion. You think Bogle is taking the piss and stealing a wage. And you might well be right for all I know. But my opinion is (much as I'd prefer him to go) that he is exercising his contractual rights and has been no worse than several other players, and that the club hasn't handled the issue well.

People are allowed to have different opinions without resorting to personal abuse. Although increasingly not in here it seems.

And that is my very last word on this.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 12:12:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on September 16, 2021, 12:42:36 am by danumdon »
I've not seen it posted anywhere in this thread but could the Bogle situation also involve performance (sic) and attendance bonuses.

It could well be that the management have decided that this situation doesn't warrant throwing good money after bad as to a reason for the none appearance of this player.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on September 16, 2021, 03:40:43 am by SydneyRover »
Whatever the situation and whomever is at fault, as part of it is being played out in the open it requires resolving for the benefit of the club the players and the fans.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on September 16, 2021, 05:55:16 am by coventryrover »
There's a lot of supposition regarding Bogle.     If I was him reading this thread it certainly would be demotivating.

Moore saw something, the board backed him and gave him a contract.   Was that the right thing to do.??   Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Bringing a player in is a gamble.   They are watched playing in different environments to ours.   We have had a number of forwards who didn't work...transfers are a gamble.

However, the lad has made it to the professional ranks.   He's one of our own.   The vitriol and negativity is mind blowing.   There's not many vocations where you have people outside your company passing judgement

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on September 16, 2021, 07:23:32 am by philsky »
Don't like players airing the dirty laundry in public and would imagine they're in breach of some kind of social media policy but without wanting to be in the minority here, there's definitely a few managers spoken badly about in autobiographies and podcasts like Undr The Cosh that have made players train away from the main group.

The way in which the club has dealt with this has been shocking. It has hung the players out to dry. You cannot complain about players going public on "dirty washing" when the club has essentially been scapegoating them in public for a month. As Albie says, in any other industry, this would be a case of constructive dismissal

100% this.

So if I have a boss who doesn't like me or thinks im not up to the job then the boss can tell me to stay at home and rot ?

Feels like constructive to me

I'm not sure either are good enough though in reality

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on September 16, 2021, 08:39:43 am by normal rules »
Don't like players airing the dirty laundry in public and would imagine they're in breach of some kind of social media policy but without wanting to be in the minority here, there's definitely a few managers spoken badly about in autobiographies and podcasts like Undr The Cosh that have made players train away from the main group.

The way in which the club has dealt with this has been shocking. It has hung the players out to dry. You cannot complain about players going public on "dirty washing" when the club has essentially been scapegoating them in public for a month. As Albie says, in any other industry, this would be a case of constructive dismissal

100% this.

So if I have a boss who doesn't like me or thinks im not up to the job then the boss can tell me to stay at home and rot ?

Feels like constructive to me

I'm not sure either are good enough though in reality

I’m not sure you can compare football players and contracts with other walks of life. If I underperformed at work, I would be taken to task with performance reviews etc, action plans and ultimately there are processes to sack people if attempts to address shortcomings fail.
Pro football creates an environment where underperforming is essentially tolerated. I don’t believe it’s written into contracts if a player fails to fulfil their ability. I suppose it’s because footballers, in general, play ball so to speak. I don’t recall too Many occasions, if any where we have had this at rovers before.
I’m sure most of us have experienced people who turn up to work and take the money by doing the bare minimum. Perhaps Bogle fits this mould. His contract protects him from being sacked without recompense. That’s why footballers live in the worlds they do. They make themselves almost un touchable. Bogle has to live with himself though. His reputation as this goes on will become more tarnished. He still takes the pay packet though. Who are the mugs here?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on September 16, 2021, 10:08:34 am by steve@dcfd »
Apparently Bogle was willing to go somewhere on deadline day but it all depended on another player leaving from the other club and it didn’t happen. Also, when Paul Hurst enquired about him, apparently he never heard about the enquiry.

Paul Hurst said in a interview on Radio Humberside that he had spoke to his agent early in the window and Bogle before the window closed he did not want to Grimsby.
Also Gavin said today in Radio Sheffield interview that There had been offers for Bogle but he rejected them. So are we saying the club is not telling the truth.
Whether he wants to go is his choice as a contracted player.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on September 16, 2021, 10:28:47 am by sha66y »

“Grow up”

Thanks for the advice Pancho.

The "childish" comment was a direct response to someone saying I was "eulogising" Bogle's performance at Accrington and telling me I was "desperately trying to justify your stance because you cannot bring yourself to admit you’ve got this one wrong."

I have a policy in here of trying never to start a personal assault. I'm the first to admit that I don't always live up to that standard. But I absolutely didn't start this one.  And if someone does act childishly in starting one like this, I reserve the right to reply appropriately. It's instructive that you were fine with the poster who started the personal angle. Your call.

I'm not admitting I'm wrong on this because I don't believe I am. I think the club has handled this poorly and I've seen nothing to change my mind. Other people are perfectly at liberty to disagree and if they do, that's fine. I wouldn't tell them it's a character fault that led to them disagreeing with me.

Ya just another wiki/google A-Hole trying once again to crush argument that rally’s against your opinion….BST just face it, we are all A-holes on here…and your the itch!

Ner,ner,muckybear tell ya mam to wash ya hair ! ( that’s how all your topics end up sounding) …..just saying!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on September 16, 2021, 11:23:37 am by VivaRovers »
Whatever the situation and whomever is at fault, as part of it is being played out in the open it requires resolving for the benefit of the club the players and the fans.

I hadn't realised Jonathan and BST were so well known by the squad

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on September 16, 2021, 11:25:20 am by VivaRovers »
Maybe it was back to Kidderminster Harriers that was on offer.

Richie didn't say, but yes, that was the logic jump I made when he said one Conference North side.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on September 16, 2021, 11:27:19 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
I've got a bit more sympathy for Williams. He didn't put that cringeworthy post on & for all we know he may have told him to take it off once he saw it. He's never been good enough but he's always put the effort in. I don't mind that.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on September 16, 2021, 11:57:29 am by Chris the Rover »
I agree with that Monkcaster. Moore signed him, then never played him. Bogle is a different kettle of fish. Practically zero effort when selected, apart from his first couple of games. My wife would put more effort into playing than he does and with his apparent mindset, he’s a complete waste of a shirt. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he runs his contract down, then retires from football. If he’s as half hearted in training, there’s no way he would ever get selected. Another of Moore’s substandard signings!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on September 16, 2021, 12:13:10 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I agree with that Monkcaster. Moore signed him, then never played him. Bogle is a different kettle of fish. Practically zero effort when selected, apart from his first couple of games. My wife would put more effort into playing than he does and with his apparent mindset, he’s a complete waste of a shirt. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he runs his contract down, then retires from football. If he’s as half hearted in training, there’s no way he would ever get selected. Another of Moore’s substandard signings!

Mate of mine is a Charlton fan and he did tell me we signed a dud. I gave him the benefit of the doubt initially but my god, the man really can't be arsed. Fault does lie with Moore for me, too.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on September 16, 2021, 01:23:01 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Moore’s certainly not made any attempt to take him to Wednesday!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012