Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:16:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omar Bogle  (Read 15836 times)

acacia94

• VSC Member
Re: Omar Bogle
« Reply #150 on September 16, 2021, 01:36:20 pm by acacia94 »
Monkcaster – My Charlton mate also was in hysterics when we signed Bogle. Think I defended at the time as I knew zero about him – went something along the lines of 'lets see what magic Darren can get out of him now he's coming to the KM...'
Oh dear how wrong could I have been.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on September 16, 2021, 02:11:49 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Monkcaster – My Charlton mate also was in hysterics when we signed Bogle. Think I defended at the time as I knew zero about him – went something along the lines of 'lets see what magic Darren can get out of him now he's coming to the KM...'
Oh dear how wrong could I have been.

You and me both, sir!

Alarm bells should have been ringing when they paid him up after only 5 months.

I usually try to make light of the situation but when he's sat picking up 1500-2000 a week to take the piss on Instagram as he has done, it cuts deep.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on September 16, 2021, 04:06:52 pm by wilts rover »
Wilts, I'm a Rovers fan, boy and man and do know a bit about Bob's and his dad's history with DRFC during the Richardson period.

I stand by the question though, because then was then, and now is now.

Thanks BB, I thought you probably would but maybe had forgotten amidst your vendetta against individual posters. I can assure you he hasn't changed.

Not that its of any interest or any more relevant that what other poster shave written but my view of the Bogle situation is:

- the sooner we get rid of Bogle the better it will be for both him and club, its just not worked out

- a managers job in any organisation is to manage people and get the best out of them for the organisation. So far in his short career Wellens has 4 jobs at 4 different clubs and appears to have fallen out with someone at all of them. I think he might have to rethink his approach to dealing with people or it might be a much shorter career than he would like.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on September 16, 2021, 05:06:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Give your head a wobble Wilts. If one of the 'moaners' on this forum had said exactly what BST said Bob G would have been one of the first to condemn them.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on September 16, 2021, 05:47:08 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Apparently Bogle was willing to go somewhere on deadline day but it all depended on another player leaving from the other club and it didn’t happen. Also, when Paul Hurst enquired about him, apparently he never heard about the enquiry.

Paul Hurst said in a interview on Radio Humberside that he had spoke to his agent early in the window and Bogle before the window closed he did not want to Grimsby.
Also Gavin said today in Radio Sheffield interview that There had been offers for Bogle but he rejected them. So are we saying the club is not telling the truth.
Whether he wants to go is his choice as a contracted player.
I’m not saying the club are lying because I don’t think they are, just posted what I’ve seen and heard.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on September 16, 2021, 06:00:08 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It’s Richie Wellens job to get the best from what he has to work with. He has signed a few players now it’s time for players to create partnerships and work together for the team.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on September 16, 2021, 06:31:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
Anyone else Sammy your scouting would suggest that Richie should be looking at ahead of the January window?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on September 16, 2021, 06:46:10 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I know as much as everybody else, there are plenty of free agents to be picked at.
I think we need some experience in there we have plenty of youth, the balance needs to be right.

I would move Olowu to left back with Anderson coming back in. I would give Ravenhill a chance in the ball winning role.

With the players we have, we could maybe go with wing backs, and have that extra midfielder in there. The support coming from the wingers, and maybe Rowe making late runs just   behind.
The problem with that is the fitness of the player up front and those supporting.

Bostock with the ability he has needs to play, get people around him to win the ball.
We need to get a settled side out and stick with it, get some consistency going.
We are not as bad as the table suggests. We just need a team prepared to work hard for each other.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on September 16, 2021, 07:45:30 pm by idler »
I think that the best thing is to look to the future. That doesn't seem to include Omar Bogle so rather than arguments about who is right or wrong let us just move on. Concentrate on what we can do to improve our position.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on September 16, 2021, 07:52:44 pm by normal rules »
Moore’s certainly not made any attempt to take him to Wednesday!

That’s a very interesting and valid point. It does make you wonder doesn’t it. If Moore thought he was so good then why wouldn’t he re recruit him.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on September 16, 2021, 09:42:53 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
I know as much as everybody else, there are plenty of free agents to be picked at.
I think we need some experience in there we have plenty of youth, the balance needs to be right.

I would move Olowu to left back with Anderson coming back in. I would give Ravenhill a chance in the ball winning role.

With the players we have, we could maybe go with wing backs, and have that extra midfielder in there. The support coming from the wingers, and maybe Rowe making late runs just   behind.
The problem with that is the fitness of the player up front and those supporting.

Bostock with the ability he has needs to play, get people around him to win the ball.
We need to get a settled side out and stick with it, get some consistency going.
We are not as bad as the table suggests. We just need a team prepared to work hard for each other.
Dont know why so many ppl have mentioned putting Olowu LB. he’s right footed and has never played there in his life, he can play RB but he’s predominantly a CB. As for Rowe in midfield, yes he may be a bit more physical than the other midfielders we have but still don’t think he’s the kind of player we need in there so would keep him at LB, don’t need him as one of the 2 8s because we have Galbraith and Close.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on September 17, 2021, 08:06:44 am by The Beast »

That’s a very interesting and valid point. It does make you wonder doesn’t it. If Moore thought he was so good then why wouldn’t he re recruit him.

Sheffield Wednesday although are in the same division as us, are on a completely different level to us as a club, they’ve got Callum Paterson and then Lee Gregory and Saido Berahino both Sheffield lads with decent pedigree, they mainly shop at different shops. Why would he come in for Bogle?
I know the club has got dubious ownership but they still get twenty odd thousand every week. When people call Moore for leaving it’s just unrealistic, going from Rovers to Wednesday is a massive promotion in his profession, he’s working with players like Hutchinson, Bannam and Gregory he doesn’t need to even look at players like Omar Bogle, that’s the whole point!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on September 17, 2021, 09:08:34 am by steve@dcfd »

Do you think he would have brought Bogle in to us if he had the money for better strikers. He has now they may get the same result but their pedigree is a lot better. Same as Bostock compared with Banan different circles now.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on September 17, 2021, 10:15:22 am by EasyforDennis »

Do you think he would have brought Bogle in to us if he had the money for better strikers. He has now they may get the same result but their pedigree is a lot better. Same as Bostock compared with Banan different circles now.

Only DM knows why he brought OB to DRFC. The rest of us cannot fathom why on earth he signed him!!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on September 17, 2021, 11:09:56 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Dont know why so many ppl have mentioned putting Olowu LB. he’s right footed and has never played there in his life, he can play RB but he’s predominantly a CB. As for Rowe in midfield, yes he may be a bit more physical than the other midfielders we have but still don’t think he’s the kind of player we need in there so would keep him at LB, don’t need him as one of the 2 8s because we have Galbraith and Close.

I don’t think he influences the game from left back though, Bailey. Like you say we have a few options in there, I just think Rowe gives you that extra experience in there,and will make the runs into the box.
We need players making those runs to create spaces and goals.
On Olowu for some reason I thought he had played there, probably someone on here had said it before.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on September 17, 2021, 11:21:04 am by The Beast »

Only DM knows why he brought OB to DRFC. The rest of us cannot fathom why on earth he signed him!!
I think most people were quite happy when we signed him. Glenn Hoddle signed Bobby Zamora in 2003, he made 18 appearances, scoring one goal in the League Cup. It’s easy to be a football genius with hindsight!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on September 17, 2021, 11:24:31 am by GazLaz »

I don’t think he influences the game from left back though, Bailey. Like you say we have a few options in there, I just think Rowe gives you that extra experience in there,and will make the runs into the box.
On Olowu for some reason I thought he had played there, probably someone on here had said it before.

Did he not score from left back last week?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on September 17, 2021, 11:25:19 am by EasyforDennis »

I think most people were quite happy when we signed him. Glenn Hoddle signed Bobby Zamora in 2003, he made 18 appearances, scoring one goal in the League Cup. It’s easy to be a football genius with hindsight!

It's not hindsight when his previous goal scoring record was there for all to see.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on September 17, 2021, 11:31:02 am by normal rules »
Indeed.all of the warning signs were there.loan After loan after loan, with little or no return.
Jobs for the boys I reckon.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:30:29 pm by normal rules »

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on September 17, 2021, 11:43:59 am by The Beast »
A lot of respected managers have made the same mistake haven’t they. Maybe you have missed your calling?
Every transfer is a gamble, you’ve got to make a decision on who is available and who fits into your budget. Getting a good striker is like winning the lottery, I’ve been watching the Rovers for 30 years and seen very few who’ve consistently scored. Strikers who score are even rarer now as most teams only play up with one and they’re they’re outnumbered 2/3 to 1 by the centre halves taking all the hits. Midfielders and wingers need to contribute more goals now.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on September 17, 2021, 11:44:43 am by EasyforDennis »
Indeed.all of the warning signs were there.loan Amaterasu loan after loan, with little or no return.
Jobs for the boys I reckon.

They were both probably singing from the same hymn sheet.  ;)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on September 17, 2021, 02:28:31 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Did he not score from left back last week?

Yes he did Gaz, it’s a fair point, I just see him contributing more from a central role.
The manager see’s him as the best fit for that role at the minute and we don’t have many alternatives at the minute at left back.

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on September 17, 2021, 06:22:03 pm by Fur Calf »
My take on Bogle is that RW has told him what he needs to do to get in his team/syle of play, and after repeatedly telling him to comply he has failed. At Accrington RW apparently gave Bogle a rollicking at half time and he upped his game for the last 30 mins. Consequently, i think RW ran out of patience with Bogle and froze him out because he could not trust him to do the job required or Bogle didn't like being told what to do.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on September 17, 2021, 06:29:05 pm by drfchound »
My take on Bogle is that RW has told him what he needs to do to get in his team/syle of play, and after repeatedly telling him to comply he has failed. At Accrington RW apparently gave Bogle a rollicking at half time and he upped his game for the last 30 mins. Consequently, i think RW ran out of patience with Bogle and froze him out because he could not trust him to do the job required or Bogle didn't like being told what to do.

A bollocking at half time would have been very harsh on Bogle given that he didn’t come on to the pitch until the 56th minute.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on September 17, 2021, 09:48:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Yep. Bogle was so underperforming in the first half at Accrington that he might as well not have been on the pitch.

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on September 17, 2021, 10:06:41 pm by Fur Calf »
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on September 17, 2021, 10:23:19 pm by Pancho Regan »
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Thank you for your inside story on this debate, it has informed us all.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on September 19, 2021, 01:42:46 am by Canadian Rover »
Bogle and Williams should be played in Cup games for sure.  If only for the sake of putting them in the shop window for January.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on September 19, 2021, 04:29:04 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Bogle and Williams should be played in Cup games for sure.  If only for the sake of putting them in the shop window for January.
Give over.

The only shop window they'd show up well in would be 'Grace Brothers'.

Isn't it time to drop Bogle from forum debate now?

You'll never see him in a Rovers shirt of any description again EVER.

Richie Wellens is the manager & he doesn't want him (or Williams) at the club. They are not in his plans & therefore are a drain on financial resources at the club until their contracts run their course. Mis managed or not, those are the facts deal with it!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on September 19, 2021, 08:44:49 pm by Canadian Rover »
The best way for the club to have them not a financial drain is IF they can attract another club in January. Having other clubs at least be able to scout them would be an opportunity.  This is my viewpoint DEAL WITH IT.

(Upper case letters for dramatic effect only - but this is a Rovers forum & one gritty win over Morcambe shouldn't paint over the cracks)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012