Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:02:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omar Bogle  (Read 15847 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Omar Bogle
« Reply #180 on September 19, 2021, 10:21:40 pm by idler »
I went home on Saturday and enjoyed my hour’s drive back. I even had a Morecombe supporter in the back who wasn’t quite as happy to say the least.
It wasn’t the greatest of games but there were more positives than negatives for me. Our first win and a clean sheet keeping us in touch.
Players getting more game time together. Players getting more minutes on the pitch and others nearer to making comebacks to the first team or on the bench.
It doesn’t mean that all of our problems are over by any means but it is possibly the first step to getting some much needed confidence into the squad. There’s nothing to stop you enjoying the moment but still being concerned about our need to improve.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 03:14:25 pm by idler »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on September 20, 2021, 11:51:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »
There’s nothing to stop you enjoying the moment but still being concerned about our need to improve.

This. Perhaps we can move away from the "if you do/don't criticise, you're my enemy" atmosphere the exchanges in here  would be a bit healthier. Concentrate on the content of what people say instead of ham fistedly trying to read intentions?

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on September 20, 2021, 12:06:55 pm by Yargo »
Brexit voters are ill educated, ill informed bigoted racists. Enablers of fascism, unwitting tools of Putin propaganda, willing to bring about mass unemployment and threat BobG's oft predicted outbreak of 3 rd World War. But don't ham fistedly mis read anyone's intention

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on September 20, 2021, 12:15:56 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Brexit voters are ill educated, ill informed bigoted racists. Enablers of fascism, unwitting tools of Putin propaganda, willing to bring about mass unemployment and threat BobG's oft predicted outbreak of 3 rd World War. But don't ham fistedly mis read anyone's intention

Not on here as well for all that is holy.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on September 20, 2021, 12:24:39 pm by Jonathan »
There’s nothing to stop you enjoying the moment but still being concerned about our need to improve.

This. Perhaps we can move away from the "if you do/don't criticise, you're my enemy" atmosphere the exchanges in here  would be a bit healthier. Concentrate on the content of what people say instead of ham fistedly trying to read intentions?

Conversely, there is nothing to stop you being concerned about our need to improve but wanting to enjoy the moment when we win.

I think the one thing that literally everyone would agree on is that we still need to improve. But there’s more than enough negativity that’s been circulating (and will again) to mean that it feels a little deflating for it to be pushed to the fore in the immediate aftermath of a desperately needed win. It’s not that anyone is ignorant of our flaws, it’s just that there are people out there that would like to enjoy an all too rare moment of happiness without it instantly being pulled back down.

Conclusion - people are different. And yeah it’s probably got a bit childish on either side. But very few of us (certainly not me) can claim that we get that right all of the time.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on September 20, 2021, 12:58:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Conversely, there is nothing to stop you being concerned about our need to improve but wanting to enjoy the moment when we win.

I'd be surprised if most of us didn't feel that way. We just all have different emphasis. That should be accepted and respected.

My deep concerns about the overall quality and ability of this squad are not assuaged by someone emphasising how much they enjoyed us winning on Saturday. So I don't understand why someone's enjoyment of the win is affected by other people's concerns over the bigger picture.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 01:06:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on September 20, 2021, 01:14:40 pm by belton rover »

I'd be surprised if most of us didn't feel that way. We just all have different emphasis. That should be accepted and respected.

My deep concerns about the overall quality and ability of this squad are not assuaged by someone posting how much they enjoyed us winning on Saturday. So I don't understand why someone's enjoyment of the win is affected by other people's concerns over the bigger picture.

If you genuinely don’t understand that in the context of how some of these ‘conversations’ have gone, then you understand very little about our current situation or about what our club means to us. I’m surprised you didn’t create a pie chart to show the difference between a ‘win’ and ‘the bigger picture’ to cement your perplexity of such illogical thinking.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on September 20, 2021, 01:24:55 pm by Jonathan »

My deep concerns about the overall quality and ability of this squad are not assuaged by someone emphasising how much they enjoyed us winning on Saturday. So I don't understand why someone's enjoyment of the win is affected by other people's concerns over the bigger picture.

It certainly couldn’t be any clearer that you like to push your concerns to the fore.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on September 20, 2021, 02:07:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It certainly couldn’t be any clearer that you like to push your concerns to the fore.

I haven't got the first idea what you are talking about. I've actually said very little about the performance of the side this year, precisely because I know the side is bedding in.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on September 20, 2021, 04:26:24 pm by roversdude »
Anyway ……….. anymore Omar Bogle news ?????

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on September 20, 2021, 04:29:37 pm by Spud »

I keep thinking I've clicked on the wrong topic too, Dude

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on September 20, 2021, 04:31:48 pm by Filo »

Who????

TinyPortal © 2005-2012