Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:42:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I know it ain't gonna happen but...  (Read 710 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
I know it ain't gonna happen but...
« on September 19, 2021, 03:47:16 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Yesterday I couldn't help but feel that if Copps had been on that pitch, what an outlet he would have been when we were under pressure & I could only but imagine his 'give & go's' & the link up play he would have had with Tommy.

Ah well, dream on.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hstripes

• Forum Member
Re: I know it ain't gonna happen but...
« Reply #1 on September 19, 2021, 04:09:40 pm by hstripes »
Another thing to blame on Darren Moore IMO.

Ok Coppinger didn't fit into his style of play, defensive with quick counter attacks, but even then he would have been much better than Lokilo, Simoes, Okenhabirie (as a winger) who were selected ahead of him.

Yes he'd be shattered by 70 minutes but look at his performance away at Gillingham first half at the back end of last season. One of the few games where Rovers had a spell dominating possession in the opposition's half pretty much all last year (due to Gillingham going deeply defensive after going 2-0 up so early). So suiting Coppinger's game.

Coppinger was absolutely superb that half, dominated the play, put one goal on a plate, scored another from a move he instigated with a brilliant piece of skill. Showing in a proper footballing team he'd still be a great asset. Sadly it proved to be his last hurrah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27dkCsO7ze8

TinyPortal © 2005-2012