Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:59:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SWFC  (Read 11015 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
SWFC
« on September 18, 2021, 07:23:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I said at the time we played them that they were a poor side. Take out our result and they have picked up 8 points in 6 games. Lower mid-table form.

If they really are paying an 8 figure wage bill for that squad, football has lost any mooring (sic) to any rational concept of value.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: SWFC
« Reply #1 on September 18, 2021, 07:28:01 pm by Spud »
I know someone mentioned it on another thread but how many of us were listening to grumble grumble on the way home & grinning away at the callers pulling their hair out over DM's slow tactics? Brilliant.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 18, 2021, 07:29:38 pm by Filo »
I know someone mentioned it on another thread but how many of us were listening to grumble grumble on the way home & grinning away at the callers pulling their hair out over DM's slow tactics? Brilliant.

I was one grinning away on the motorway

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 18, 2021, 07:30:38 pm by mushRTID »
Twitter is amusing tonight, they are slowly losing patience.

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 18, 2021, 07:41:47 pm by hstripes »
Honestly I cheered the same as if Rovers had scored a last minute winner when I heard Moore had left (I was alone working from home so I didn't embarrass myself in Tesco or anything like that).

I found his defensive, slow paced, pass between the back line and goalkeeper footballing tactics tedious, annoying and frustrating in the extreme even when we were doing well in the league. Basically we had what 5 to 6 moments of interest a match when we launched a (often very effective) lightening counter attack. And even these disappeared after Christmas last year.

A big reason why we're suffering now is due to his questionable activity in the transfer market and unwillingness to sign existing players up to new contracts.

We weren't great today by any means but it was a better watch than the majority of Moore's games even when we were winning.

SWFC are welcome to him. I hope he stays there a long time.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 10:38:19 pm by hstripes »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 18, 2021, 07:49:07 pm by Campsall rover »
Honestly I cheered the same as if Rovers had scored a last minute winner when I heard Moore had left (I was alone working from home so I didn't embarrass myself in Tesco or anything like that).

I found his slow paced, pass between the back line and goalkeeper footballing tactics tedious, annoying and frustrating in the extreme even when we were doing well in the league. Basically we had what 5 to 6 moments of interest a match when we launched a (often very effective) lightening counter attack. And even these disappeared after Christmas last year.

A big reason why we're suffering now is due to his questionable activity in the transfer market and unwillingness to sign existing players up to new contracts.

We weren't great today by any means but it was a better watch than the majority of Moore's games even when we were winning.

SWFC are welcome to him. I hope he stays there a long time.
He won’t be staying a long time. I’ll give it to Christmas before he gets sacked with Wednesday floundering somewhere between 10th place and 14th.
Well that’s my prediction anyway.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 18, 2021, 07:58:40 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Got 10 seconds into Darren's post match interview from today.

5 erms.

Erm.

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 18, 2021, 08:00:03 pm by hstripes »

[/quote]
He won’t be staying a long time. I’ll give it to Christmas before he gets sacked with Wednesday floundering somewhere between 10th place and 14th.
Well that’s my prediction anyway.
[/quote]

I agree with you. But the longer he stays the longer they flounder.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 18, 2021, 08:32:59 pm by PDX_Rover »
Still, eh, as long as he gets things over lines…

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 18, 2021, 08:34:12 pm by drfchound »

I heard the Wednesday fans moaning about him and I don’t think he will get through the season with his job intact.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 09:52:47 pm by drfchound »

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 18, 2021, 09:45:13 pm by andyst79 »
Yes but he was the saviour 3 weeks ago

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 18, 2021, 10:35:37 pm by Petche »
What a disappointment DM is/was! I, like most of us was delighted when we appointed him but he was a disaster - one of our poorest manager's in the last 20 yrs! Boring football, poor decision making in terms of signings and contracts and then jumped ship when went wrong. Good luck SWFC, you'll need it!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 18, 2021, 11:09:37 pm by danumdon »
What a disappointment DM is/was! I, like most of us was delighted when we appointed him but he was a disaster - one of our poorest manager's in the last 20 yrs! Boring football, poor decision making in terms of signings and contracts and then jumped ship when went wrong. Good luck SWFC, you'll need it!

You missed out talked and sounded like an ermm halfwit all the time, the rest is spot on.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 18, 2021, 11:35:32 pm by Pancho Regan »
Morecambe 1    Wednesday 0
Rovers 1           Morecambe 0

I know this means nothing but I don’t care.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 18, 2021, 11:51:37 pm by andysly »
Praise or grumble is fantastic listening whether the Sheffield clubs win or lose.
Two defeats and they want to sack a manager, pull the ground down and pack it all in, two wins and they are on the verge of breaking into the Champions league.
Absolutely no realism or middle ground with either set of fans.

On way home today even my Grandson picked up on it regarding DM, saying that they wanted to build a statue of him a few weeks ago.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 19, 2021, 07:19:30 am by Filo »
Praise or grumble is fantastic listening whether the Sheffield clubs win or lose.
Two defeats and they want to sack a manager, pull the ground down and pack it all in, two wins and they are on the verge of breaking into the Champions league.
Absolutely no realism or middle ground with either set of fans.

On way home today even my Grandson picked up on it regarding DM, saying that they wanted to build a statue of him a few weeks ago.

In terms of statue construction, they’ll not get that one over the line lol!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 19, 2021, 08:12:43 am by Jonathan »
Just listened to the DM interview. Sounds like there was a dubious pelanty in the game.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 19, 2021, 08:35:59 am by Filo »
Just listened to the DM interview. Sounds like there was a dubious pelanty in the game.

It will be dodgy with that pronunciation lol!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 19, 2021, 10:03:15 am by ravenrover »
But they started off at a blistering pace, several times.
All I have to say to Owls fans You're welcome

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 19, 2021, 10:51:04 am by belton rover »
The first thing he said on the interview:
‘Yeah, no. It was a game of two halves.’

I miss his insight.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 19, 2021, 11:10:19 am by Donnybob »
So far Wednesday have played teams currently placed 16th, 18th, 22nd, 23rd and 24th in the table. Next week they play the 19th place. Only two sides in the top half so far, beat one, battered 0-3 at the other.

Suddenly that bright start doesn't seem quite so impressive as they slide from top spot to 12th.

And its best they make the most of the run up to Christmas as the fixtures don't look to be quite so benevolent after that.

In fairness they've built a much stronger squad than ours with the newly discovered magic magic money tree after being unable or unwilling to pay wages only a few weeks back.

Darren has no-where to hide if he slides further down the table. With 20,000+ gates he will soon be feeling the heat if he doesn't deliver. Expectations were raised early on. They won't accept excuses and bluster.

And is their still a threat of points deduction hanging over their heads?

I half feel sorry for him.

Nay, scratch that.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 19, 2021, 11:59:18 am by GazLaz »
They are terrible considering the players they have available.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 19, 2021, 12:13:26 pm by tommy toes »
I always thought Darren wasn't the smartest tool in the box.
The more I hear from him....

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 19, 2021, 03:53:14 pm by Colin C No.3 »
McCann not having the best of times at Hull either. I know you shouldn't but....

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 19, 2021, 04:40:04 pm by steve@dcfd »
I bet DM would be happy after 23 games with 48 pts as he was last year with us. Yes after that it all went pear shape but we had lost Whiteman by then and it appears he was considering his options.

To get to that level in the next 16 games we will need 44 pts.

So we can be critical of DM but for that tricky first period last season he did well with the players he had.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 19, 2021, 04:43:55 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Wedesday 2 Rovers 0. And your point is?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 19, 2021, 05:42:38 pm by silent majority »

I think he's just said it means nothing.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 19, 2021, 06:18:10 pm by Petche »
I bet DM would be happy after 23 games with 48 pts as he was last year with us. Yes after that it all went pear shape but we had lost Whiteman by then and it appears he was considering his options.

To get to that level in the next 16 games we will need 44 pts.

So we can be critical of DM but for that tricky first period last season he did well with the players he had.

I thought we were lucky in the 1st half of the season, scraping wins with backs to the wall performances. The writing was on the wall, I don't agree that he did well.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 19, 2021, 06:55:37 pm by Donny Exile in York »

I think he's just said it means nothing.

Just waffle then cos yeah it means nothing...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 07:01:43 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 19, 2021, 07:07:51 pm by Rovers91 »
We arent in a position to have a dig at anyone yet we are bottom of the league. I'm not disappointed to see DM getting some stick at Wednesday but tbf they have had a big turn around of players. That will take time to gel and develop, similar to what hopefully will happen for us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012