Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:37:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SWFC  (Read 11009 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: SWFC
« Reply #30 on September 20, 2021, 05:45:33 pm by selby »
Are they in a better position than Derby? if not the club might not last while Christmas if the owner gets fed up and a few more bills are dropped through the letter box.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 25, 2021, 05:57:31 pm by Prez »
If you want cheering up, have a look at Ipswich"s 89th minute equaliser.

Wont be long before Moore will be on borrowed time.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 25, 2021, 05:59:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If you want cheering up, have a look at Ipswich"s 89th minute equaliser.

Wont be long before Moore will be on borrowed time.

Oh thank you baby Jesus! Made my day.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 25, 2021, 07:21:12 pm by acacia94 »
Caught Radio Sheff first time for ages today and young Dazzy was on after their game at Ipswich. Listening to that bag of post match warm piss that we were also subjected to reminded me how detached he seems from the actual realities of the game. Its like some delusional parallel universe he's in.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 25, 2021, 07:45:40 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Caught Radio Sheff first time for ages today and young Dazzy was on after their game at Ipswich. Listening to that bag of post match warm piss that we were also subjected to reminded me how detached he seems from the actual realities of the game. Its like some delusional parallel universe he's in.

So far Wellens is only beating Moore at sounding less boring in interviews.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 25, 2021, 08:05:44 pm by Spud »

Would you swap Richie for Darren for the rest of the season? I know I wouldn't.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 25, 2021, 08:10:49 pm by Padge_DRFC »

No I wouldn't. We're only 8 games in. However Moore overachieved with what he had to use. I didn't like how he left but I think the fact the way he did and the fact that he interviews poorly clouds people's vision.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 25, 2021, 08:20:00 pm by Spud »

No I wouldn't. We're only 8 games in. However Moore overachieved with what he had to use. I didn't like how he left but I think the fact the way he did and the fact that he interviews poorly clouds people's vision.

Point is we seem to be going in the right direction under Richie, hopefully the results will reflect the performances. SW, under Darren, seem to be going the way we all saw here, he seems to be stuck in those ways.
On top of that, we get better interviews, what's not to like? Let's face it, they should be at least a tier above us, I don't see them bring too many places above us over the season.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 25, 2021, 08:20:57 pm by acacia94 »
He's lucky to be managing a more talented and vastly more expensive group of players. He is where is. He attracted the owners of Wednesday to employ him and I wouldn't be surprised if he does OK come May. I still think his post match interviews are like being subjected to some automaton peddling out the least honest, fake, warm bag of piss I've ever heard. Slightly dented but still like him from when he wore the shirt.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 25, 2021, 08:22:34 pm by Pancho Regan »
Morecambe 1    Wednesday 0
Rovers 1           Morecambe 0

I know this means nothing but I don’t care.

Wedesday 2 Rovers 0. And your point is?

I think he's just said it means nothing.

Just waffle then cos yeah it means nothing...

You struggle with a bit of humour and irony don’t you Exile?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 26, 2021, 08:04:45 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
He's lucky to be managing a more talented and vastly more expensive group of players. He is where is. He attracted the owners of Wednesday to employ him and I wouldn't be surprised if he does OK come May. I still think his post match interviews are like being subjected to some automaton peddling out the least honest, fake, warm bag of piss I've ever heard. Slightly dented but still like him from when he wore the shirt.

are you suggesting he should be The Prime Minister or Leader of the Opposition ?

Looking at the image below one of them looks like a "retired heavyweight boxer"  and the other's father was "said to be" a boxer  - remember their teams "slugged it out" for the relegation spot, Wednesday being the winners.

BUT .......     After the midweek matches both Wednesday and Rovers will have ridiculously played 3 home games and 6 away so BOTH IN FALSE POSITIONS   

Me thinx this fact about Wednesday has gone under the radar  ...   & regarding Rovers  spy sports unbelievably have Rovers 2/1 ON for relegation 

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 26, 2021, 08:23:35 pm by mushRTID »
Been reading their forum tonight.
They are not a happy bunch and are turning on him.
One thread even moaning he was laughing and joking with an Ipswich player at FT on Saturday haha.
A lot saying he won’t make it to Christmas.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 27, 2021, 07:28:37 am by roversdude »
Don’t know if anyone can remember the Baggies fan who came on here and gave us the lowdown on DM at WBA, at the time it seemed that Graeme Jones was responsible for the turgid play, obviously it wasn’t having seen how we played and wendies are now

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 27, 2021, 02:17:05 pm by sha66y »
I was in theatre last night having an infection removed from my arthroscopy op from 3 weeks ago,
The anaesthetist’s assistant was a SWFC ticket holder…..he says there is a huge swell of non support for DMs ” tethering “  of quality players, and they reckon he will be gone if they aren’t op by XMAS…….

Then I fell into a black hole

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 27, 2021, 05:44:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was annoying when he left and the manner wasn’t ideal, but I don’t wish the guy any ill will. Clearly though he has a set template and it usually starts brightly then rapidly gets found out, and he doesn’t appear able to change said template. He’s got stacks of cash to burn at this level yet the Wednesday fans say his failings are exactly those we all saw. His interview style doesn’t help him either. Maybe like Steve McLaren and Brian Kidd he is a coach rather than a manager?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 28, 2021, 12:19:14 pm by steve@dcfd »

It’s not about the manager with the players we have now. Comparing the midfield and forwards that Darren had until December/January they were better than we have now in the majority. Injury to Sims and the big loss of Whiteman was the turning point.
DM has a better level of player at Sheffield Weds now and if he doesn’t start to get them near the top the question will be and should be asked. We should get out of relegation but there’s no guarantee. It will depend whether the midfield and forwards that Richie has can improve and start winning games.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 28, 2021, 12:37:50 pm by sha66y »
I think we can all pretty much agree that the team is playing much better week on week, ok we are still ironing out a few errors that are amplified by our current position …
However, realistically we are a decent DM away from being a good solid unit, it will happen just got to be patient a bit longer….

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 28, 2021, 01:21:40 pm by The Beast »
It’s easy to say DM doesn’t sound good in interviews, he’s a brummie, a man-mountain, who’s spent his career heading a football, how do you expect him to sound?
He massively overachieved here, then we sold our best player and things went tits up. He left because he received a better offer. Don’t like Sheff Wednesday so I can’t really wish him well there but will always remember him as a good player and a decent bloke and wish him all the best.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 28, 2021, 02:56:59 pm by Michael Shaw »
Is all this poking fun at other clubs just to distract others from noticing how bad we ourselves are, and that we need a minimum of 4 points just to reach safety let alone stay out of the relegation zone?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 28, 2021, 02:59:04 pm by vaya »
Is all this poking fun at other clubs just to distract others from noticing how bad we ourselves are, and that we need a minimum of 4 points just to reach safety let alone stay out of the relegation zone?

Yes. There's a highly-organised conspiracy. Thankfully you've exposed it though.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on September 28, 2021, 03:11:59 pm by BVB »
Yes you’re right: no one has noticed how bad we are - not even in the multitude of posts over the last few weeks all analysing how bad we are.
Well spotted.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 28, 2021, 04:24:10 pm by Campsall rover »
Well yes we are in bottom place, how bad we are, not sure that is actually true.
No one has comprehensively beaten us in the league.
It is small margins. In the games we have lost the scores have been 1-0, 2-1 and 2-0 at worst.
In the game we lost 2-0 to Wednesday we were the better team for most of the match.
We are improving gradually as the team get to know each other and start gelling.

I am still very confident we will turn it round and why not tonight at a faltering Ipswich.
A couple of consecutive wins and we will be up and running. 

« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 04:33:28 pm by Campsall rover »

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on September 28, 2021, 04:27:07 pm by Spud »
No bites lads, come on.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on September 28, 2021, 04:53:40 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Just to remind you chaps & chapesses ( for the 100th time  f.f.fs.)
after tonights matches :-

both Wendies & Rovers will have played 50% more away matches than home

for those as thick as my avatar (and there are quite a few on here)  that means both will have played 3 at home played 6*  away ...

can anyone work out the implications of this ?

*currently 3+3=6   

which reminds me ...

if you ask an account what does 1+1 equal .... the reply is "what do you want it to equal" .....  but that is the way of the modern world

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 02, 2021, 09:46:33 pm by mushRTID »
https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/304619-darren-moores-post-oxford-utd-thoughts-at-hillsborough/#comments

Familiar thread here for those of us who are enjoying our Darren’s struggles

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 02, 2021, 09:55:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was same again on Praise or Grumble, as it has been last few weeks. “Don’t understand why he always tries and plays it out from the back…always lose possession and put ourselves under pressure…too much tippy tappy from defenders playing out from the back.”

You honestly couldn’t make it up. Same tactic, same outcome. Must be easy for opposition managers to play against his sides. So predictable.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 02, 2021, 09:59:00 pm by mushRTID »
It was same again on Praise or Grumble, as it has been last few weeks. “Don’t understand why he always tries and plays it out from the back…always lose possession and put ourselves under pressure…too much tippy tappy from defenders playing out from the back.”

You honestly couldn’t make it up. Same tactic, same outcome. Must be easy for opposition managers to play against his sides. So predictable.

Think it will end up worse for him there too as teams will be raising their games against Wednesday this season.

Just disappointed they caught us so early in the season.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 02, 2021, 10:06:19 pm by Jonathan »
https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/304619-darren-moores-post-oxford-utd-thoughts-at-hillsborough/#comments

Familiar thread here for those of us who are enjoying our Darren’s struggles

Can’t deny that makes for quite an amusing read.

Sounds like they had a few of the old pelanty claims.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 02, 2021, 10:12:50 pm by selby »
  CLH, they are losing home games though.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 02, 2021, 10:15:09 pm by Lesonthewest »
Well yes we are in bottom place, how bad we are, not sure that is actually true.
No one has comprehensively beaten us in the league.
It is small margins. In the games we have lost the scores have been 1-0, 2-1 and 2-0 at worst.
In the game we lost 2-0 to Wednesday we were the better team for most of the match.
We are improving gradually as the team get to know each other and start gelling.

I am still very confident we will turn it round and why not tonight at a faltering Ipswich.
A couple of consecutive wins and we will be up and running. 

We were better than Wednesday for almost the whole of the first half, due to one player, Bostock, ran the show.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012