Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:50:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SWFC  (Read 11012 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: SWFC
« Reply #60 on October 02, 2021, 10:23:29 pm by scawsby steve »
It was same again on Praise or Grumble, as it has been last few weeks. “Don’t understand why he always tries and plays it out from the back…always lose possession and put ourselves under pressure…too much tippy tappy from defenders playing out from the back.”

You honestly couldn’t make it up. Same tactic, same outcome. Must be easy for opposition managers to play against his sides. So predictable.

Think it will end up worse for him there too as teams will be raising their games against Wednesday this season.

Just disappointed they caught us so early in the season.

Don't worry, Mush; they've got to come to fortress Keepmoat yet.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 02, 2021, 10:27:16 pm by mushRTID »
It was same again on Praise or Grumble, as it has been last few weeks. “Don’t understand why he always tries and plays it out from the back…always lose possession and put ourselves under pressure…too much tippy tappy from defenders playing out from the back.”

You honestly couldn’t make it up. Same tactic, same outcome. Must be easy for opposition managers to play against his sides. So predictable.

Think it will end up worse for him there too as teams will be raising their games against Wednesday this season.

Just disappointed they caught us so early in the season.

Don't worry, Mush; they've got to come to fortress Keepmoat yet.

Yes but will he make it to then?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on October 02, 2021, 10:34:08 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Not sure it's the case now but remember losing to us often resulted in a manager losing their job. Potentially that was more a championship thing but would be very sweet if it was the case with Moore.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 02, 2021, 10:34:36 pm by andyst79 »
Know a few Wednesday fans who were waxing lyrical about Moore earlier in the season. I warned them what to expect and that nothings won in August, they've been very quiet of late. Having said that we're not in a position to talk but I'm quietly confident Richie Wellens is the right fit for us as manager

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on October 02, 2021, 10:44:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Goal kicks were mentioned on football heaven 2 players in the box goalie passing to one of them :) 

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 02, 2021, 11:03:46 pm by Jonathan »
Goal kicks were mentioned on football heaven 2 players in the box goalie passing to one of them :) 

Lots of clubs doing that nowadays. We have on occasion too. I don’t really understand why it’s suddenly a fashion. If it ends up getting knocked long and coming back then those two players are playing everyone onside.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 03, 2021, 12:25:31 am by Campsall rover »
Well yes we are in bottom place, how bad we are, not sure that is actually true.
No one has comprehensively beaten us in the league.
It is small margins. In the games we have lost the scores have been 1-0, 2-1 and 2-0 at worst.
In the game we lost 2-0 to Wednesday we were the better team for most of the match.
We are improving gradually as the team get to know each other and start gelling.

I am still very confident we will turn it round and why not tonight at a faltering Ipswich.
A couple of consecutive wins and we will be up and running. 

We were better than Wednesday for almost the whole of the first half, due to one player, Bostock, ran the show.
And you know why that was the case, because not one Wednesday player bothered to try and close him down. There was always 10 yards of space in front of him so he could do what he wanted and he did spray the ball around with some great passing. He never moved more than 10 yards in front of his own back 4.
Same at Rotherham. Sat deep plenty of space to pass the ball. 2nd half not in the game because they stood on him.
2nd half in both games they got wise to it and he was anonymous. Close him down and he struggles.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on October 03, 2021, 12:31:03 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Lots of clubs doing that nowadays. We have on occasion too. I don’t really understand why it’s suddenly a fashion. If it ends up getting knocked long and coming back then those two players are playing everyone onside.

Due to the rule change that allows players to come into the area for goalkicks and get possession. Theory being you suck their forwards in which should create space in the midfield.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 03, 2021, 12:49:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »

It's a response to the organised banks of defence that were perfected in the 2010s.

Play it well, as we did in the first half of 20/21, and you draw the press onto you, then hit hard with quick accurate passes into the space created between the opposition front line and midfield.

We won several games last year doing that. But it needs players like Whiteman and Sims (when fit) and Richards to work.

The most impressive thing about our performance today was that we were disciplined enough to let MK play that tactic, without drawing us in and losing our shape too much. So for all their possession, they rarely were able to find gaps between our lines.

EDIT. Sorry DBR, I hadn't read your post when I sent this one.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on October 03, 2021, 01:32:52 am by RobTheRover »
Not sure it's the case now but remember losing to us often resulted in a manager losing their job. Potentially that was more a championship thing but would be very sweet if it was the case with Moore.

Paul Hart at Barnsley springs to mind after they refused to get changed in the changing room at OBV and got ready on their team coach. We spanked them heavily (4-0 IIRC) and he was sacked by the morning after.

I think PDX Rover called him a "cheap-shoed bas**rd" and that made me laugh a lot.

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 03, 2021, 06:22:47 am by TommyC »

Paul Hart at Barnsley springs to mind after they refused to get changed in the changing room at OBV and got ready on their team coach. We spanked them heavily (4-0 IIRC) and he was sacked by the morning after.

I think PDX Rover called him a "cheap-shoed bas**rd" and that made me laugh a lot.

Was that the same game where Doolan scored a belter and then got right in Paul Hart's face as part of his celebration, just to add insult to injury? All over him crocking McPhail in the prior fixture at Oakwell wasn't it? Loved Doolan, loved those days.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 04, 2021, 07:19:22 pm by Lesonthewest »
Well yes we are in bottom place, how bad we are, not sure that is actually true.
No one has comprehensively beaten us in the league.
It is small margins. In the games we have lost the scores have been 1-0, 2-1 and 2-0 at worst.
In the game we lost 2-0 to Wednesday we were the better team for most of the match.
We are improving gradually as the team get to know each other and start gelling.

I am still very confident we will turn it round and why not tonight at a faltering Ipswich.
A couple of consecutive wins and we will be up and running. 

We were better than Wednesday for almost the whole of the first half, due to one player, Bostock, ran the show.
And you know why that was the case, because not one Wednesday player bothered to try and close him down. There was always 10 yards of space in front of him so he could do what he wanted and he did spray the ball around with some great passing. He never moved more than 10 yards in front of his own back 4.
Same at Rotherham. Sat deep plenty of space to pass the ball. 2nd half not in the game because they stood on him.
2nd half in both games they got wise to it and he was anonymous. Close him down and he struggles.

But that would have been his remit, sit there & dictate play, & that's exactly what he did, as he did first half on Saturday, getting us up the pitch, tracking back, & breaking up play. Wednesday were better all over the pitch second half, as were MK, so it wasn't just stopping Bostock playing. You can also see he is still not 100% yet.

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 05, 2021, 08:46:12 pm by Juddy »
Scraping a draw against Mansfield Papa John

TinyPortal © 2005-2012