Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:40:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Manchester City u21s game  (Read 6875 times)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Manchester City u21s game
« Reply #90 on September 22, 2021, 07:45:57 am by Spud »
I watched some of his YouTube videos from the time he signed for us, he seems to look after himself & take the fitness very seriously, his bleep tests were apparently impressive.
Could be covid or a niggling injury, whatever it is I don't think it's fair judging anyone on those kids going past em last night, they were something else with the ball.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on September 22, 2021, 08:32:52 am by Chris Black come back »
He’s been playing since he was 15 so he may be prematurely tiring. Or he has played overseas in much slower pace for several years so is still getting up to speed. Or COVID.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on September 22, 2021, 08:34:42 am by roversdude »
He got a few knocks last night surprised we left him on as he was visibly struggling

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on September 22, 2021, 08:55:26 am by drfchound »
I wonder if COVID is could still be affecting Bostock’s fitness?

Everything else seems to be making progress. Saturday’s game will be very tough, and anything from it would be a huge bonus.

Didn’t Wellens say that Bostock still isn’t over his covid issues.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on September 22, 2021, 09:01:03 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Enjoyable game last night. Man City have some attacking talent in their younger ranks for sure. They could, and should have had 4 or 5 goals last night. As for our performance, i thought it was excellent and easily the best i've seen this season - although i am mindful of the opposition and the fact that Cukur didn't have two grizzled, well marshalled centre halves on his back all day, like in the league. Cukur is a weak link for me and although he did as well as he's ever done for us last night, again - be mindful of the opposition. I just can't see how Cukur is up to league 1 standard. He runs like he's just finished the London Marathon. He did well last night though credit where it's due.

Happy for Dodoo with a couple of excellent finishes that should do him the world of good and i thought his movement and mobility last night was much more noticable than in the games v Wigan / Morecambe.

Overall a really good performance throughout the side and although we should have been punished by them at the other end on a few occasions, we looked a lot more offensive than in our league games and had plenty of chances ourselves which should breed confidence.

The decision to plaster the backs of the City players shirts with white numbers and names against a pale blue shirt is almost as bizarre as our clubs decision to put black numbers and names on our shirts. Could barely make out the names of the City lads.

Home Park on Saturday will be a tougher challenge, but last night did us no harm at all.

Decent crowd too. About 1,800 wasn't it?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on September 22, 2021, 10:08:15 am by selby »
 The best atmosphere in the crowd for a long time, you could feel the willingness for the team to do well, even when we went behind they stuck with the team and supported every bit of good play.
  It was part of the match experience to me last night brilliant, and there were more there than I expected.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on September 22, 2021, 11:14:18 am by drfchound »
Are there any highlights of the game to be seen.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on September 22, 2021, 11:47:15 am by roversdude »
Didn’t realise their manager was Brian Barry-Murphy

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on September 22, 2021, 11:51:18 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Great win for us, building confidence and getting players who haven’t started towards fitness.
Cukur especially nearly a full game, Dodoo a couple of goals, overall really positive for us.

drfchound

• Forum Member

TinyPortal © 2005-2012