Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:02:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Absolutely Devastated  (Read 7384 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Absolutely Devastated
« Reply #30 on September 25, 2021, 08:57:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Interesting point I've just spotted on the video of the second penalty incident. As the ball came in, and before Dahlberg spilled it, their No4 deliberately jumped into Rowe well off the ball, hitting him in the face. Very poor of the linesman on that side not to spot it. That was the first offence in the action.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 25, 2021, 09:04:50 pm by Spud »
Not sure if the link's been posted, I may have missed it, but for anyone else

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12418038/plymouth-2-1-doncaster

Knoyle's challenge is the frustrating one for me, he was never getting there. Then Pontus nearly keeps it out.....
Gotta learn from this, points lost today.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 25, 2021, 09:16:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Just seen the highlights. My earlier comment re blocking a cross doesn't apply to Knoyle here it's a pen or if anything it's needlessly clumsy and the ref will always give it. On the byline you often get it where to block the cross there's a bit of contact once the balls gone. Don't think this was the same.

Pontus for all the good things he does had dropped two massive clangers costing us points and momentum. Obviously going to be a good keeper but needs to cut out the brain farts soon. Wouldn't be so bad if he was our own young keeper where we'd see the benefits of his experience with us. But instead he'll make the mistakes for us and then go play for someone else next year.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 25, 2021, 09:17:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
11:24 here gives some light on the second penalty.

https://www.google.com/search?q=plymouth+doncaster+highlights&oq=&aqs=chrome.3.69i58j69i64j35i39i362i523l8...8.-1j1j4&client=ms-android-ee-uk-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:194feedd,vid:azB0qZw74GU,st:0

It's not perfect quality video, but if you step it through it looks like both Dahlberg's arms wrap momentarily around Agard's ankles. As I say, if Agard in a fraction of a second, chooses to dive in exactly the way you'd go down if your ankles were grabbed as you tried to get moving, then executed that dive flawlessly (including trailing his left leg behind him as he fell as if it had been grabbed) he really has missed his vocation.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 25, 2021, 09:35:03 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Just don't drop a simple cross then there's no need to dissect footage. It's about giving the ref a decision to make. We know they are useless and will get more wrong than right

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 25, 2021, 09:45:03 pm by Spud »
If he was the finished article he wouldn't be here would he? Sounds like Plymouth might have already been out of sight before we scored but for him.

Btw, anyone see Seny throw one in his net for West Brom last night? Found myself watching a bit of it pondering which keeper I'd take back this season, given the choice, then, oh.....
It happens.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 25, 2021, 09:49:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just seen the video and deffo looks like a dive for their second penalty but as has been said, keeper shouldn't have got himself in that position!

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 25, 2021, 09:56:41 pm by donnievic »
Just don't drop a simple cross then there's no need to dissect footage. It's about giving the ref a decision to make. We know they are useless and will get more wrong than right
exactly if that had been Jones doing it most would be in uproar on here dropping a easy catch and wouldn’t even be arguing the penalty decision

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 25, 2021, 09:59:04 pm by rich1471 »
Watched it on TV and looked like he dived or had been shot ,but Dahlberg should not have dropped that ball 

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 25, 2021, 10:24:21 pm by SydneyRover »
For those of you who weren’t there today, that was (in my opinion) the best we’ve played all season, particularly in the second half.

The way in which we lost the game, so late on, was heartbreaking to say the least. I couldn’t see whether the penalties were legitimate or not from where I was but you always have to give the Ref the benefit of the doubt I suppose.
The players at the end looked completely demoralised; they all clearly care. They also clearly have the talent as shown today. It’s just going to take time.

Be absolutely clear though, if we’d have won today it would have been absolutely deserved. My Plymouth supporting mates agree that both sides did enough to win. But when the football Gods aren’t smiling at you…

I’m not going to get involved in squabbles about our performances as I did last week. I’m sure that plenty of people will have a lot to say and losing in such a way adds fuel to the fire. Instead I’m going to buy a few beers and be miserable all the way back to London.

Thanks also HA, when you can't watch the game you can get a bit of an idea with the match report but this gives it from the fans perspective, it does sound like a good game and that we're playing more competitively.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 25, 2021, 10:30:19 pm by POD »
Just seen the highlights on Quest and I think that both were correct penalties, although in the second incident the player made the most of the foul.
As for Dahlberg, he got away with one against Morecambe last week but wasn’t so fortunate this week.   
It’s very similar to Balcombe last season where he seems to have a mistake in him and sometimes a rush of blood to the head when it comes to the seconds after that mistake.
Let’s hope he continues to learn from his mistakes and keeps us in many more games than he loses. 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 25, 2021, 10:32:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The second penalty was an absolute dive.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 25, 2021, 11:29:19 pm by Lesonthewest »
Neither look like penalties to me,
The first one happens all the time, the bloke was crossing, he’d already crossed and the ball had reached the intended area, the slide from our lad didn’t stop anything that would’ve happened without it.
The second one, the goalie didn’t rugby tackle him, his arms weren’t around him.
The player dived

Disagree, both nailed on pens.

EpsTheMightyReds

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 25, 2021, 11:38:20 pm by EpsTheMightyReds »
I’m going to turn the iPad off before the day gets any worse. At least the boat in Brixham is spot on.
My thoughts for what it’s worth.
We battled hard in the first half and I did fear that we wouldn’t be able to keep it up. Our midfields legs had gone 10 mins before their first pen. I personally think RW should have made a change earlier.
We were obviously at the opposite end to the pens but there wasn’t a lot of dispute from the Rovers fans, the first looked like an unnecessary challenge and definite penalty. The second simply shouldn’t have happened- keepers error in the first place.
Although disappointed, we’re nowhere near as bad as I thought after reading some comments on here. We lack quality and pace up front but we all know that. The encouraging thing is that every player gave every last bit of effort for Richie and the travelling fans - as a supporter, I don’t think you can ask for much more than that

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 25, 2021, 11:47:54 pm by Janso »
Just got in having left the house at 5:40 this morning.

Really enjoyed the game despite the absolutely soul destroying way it turned out and as said, probably our best performance. Some of their fans even said we deserved at least a point. Much to be positive about, even in defeat.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on September 26, 2021, 12:04:59 am by dickos1 »
The first one happens all the time, the bloke was crossing, he’d already crossed and the ball had reached the intended area, the slide from our lad didn’t stop anything that would’ve happened without it.
The second one, the goalie didn’t rugby tackle him, his arms weren’t around him.
The player dived

In your opinion!

How many times have we seen a player take a shot but get caught afterwards or play a ball into the box from the byline get caught and nothing is ever given,

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on September 26, 2021, 12:12:21 am by Pancho Regan »
11:24 here gives some light on the second penalty.

https://www.google.com/search?q=plymouth+doncaster+highlights&oq=&aqs=chrome.3.69i58j69i64j35i39i362i523l8...8.-1j1j4&client=ms-android-ee-uk-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:194feedd,vid:azB0qZw74GU,st:0

It's not perfect quality video, but if you step it through it looks like both Dahlberg's arms wrap momentarily around Agard's ankles. As I say, if Agard in a fraction of a second, chooses to dive in exactly the way you'd go down if your ankles were grabbed as you tried to get moving, then executed that dive flawlessly (including trailing his left leg behind him as he fell as if it had been grabbed) he really has missed his vocation.

Oh my days, we’re back to measuring the precise dimensions of a gnat’s chuff again.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on September 26, 2021, 01:09:05 am by PDX_Rover »
There’s no way on god’s green earth that second penalty is a penalty. I’ve just watched it over and over again and it’s ridiculous. Dahlberg should’ve definitely got the ball but the Plymouth player, it’s pantomime stuff.

The first penalty is stupid. The lad’s got the ball away and falls over in doing so and Knoyle slides into him. I don’t actually think he brings him down.

Find margins and split-second decisions of course, but we were desperately unlucky to lose that one.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 26, 2021, 02:04:17 am by bpoolrover »
The 1st penalty knowle slides into him even if he has not got the ball it's a foul, just because the guy put a crap cross in it's still a foul, the second one yes it's soft but the goalie had his arms round the guys leg so it's a penalty, yes the forward fell over easily but it's a penalty

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on September 26, 2021, 07:57:11 am by dickos1 »
There’s no footage showing if dhalberg has his arms around his legs or not. If you zoom into the still his arms are tucked in and aren’t even touching their player.
The first one, happens all the time he slid into him after the cross had been made, technically that’s a foul but incidents like it happen all the time and I’ve never seen a pen given

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 26, 2021, 08:11:35 am by DonnyOsmond »
The 1st penalty knowle slides into him even if he has not got the ball it's a foul, just because the guy put a crap cross in it's still a foul, the second one yes it's soft but the goalie had his arms round the guys leg so it's a penalty, yes the forward fell over easily but it's a penalty

Knoyle*

But agree with what you say on the first one. It's just a miss timed challenge.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on September 26, 2021, 08:40:25 am by Lesonthewest »
The player dived

In your opinion!

How many times have we seen a player take a shot but get caught afterwards or play a ball into the box from the byline get caught and nothing is ever given,

Of course it's my opinion! In Knoyles case their player outwitted him for a split second & Knoyle commits a late challenge. The second on Dahlberg clumsily makes contact with their player.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 26, 2021, 09:05:57 am by Jonathan »
I’ve not watched the replays back yet but my instinct immediately after was that we can have few complaints about the penalty decisions.

I did think the Knoyle one was harsh given that he didn’t prevent their player from doing anything (the ball had already been crossed exactly as intended) and I don’t know if their player made the most of the second one. But we were naive in the way we gave the referee decisions to make for both of them. They could so easily have been avoided.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 26, 2021, 10:44:11 am by StocksArmy »
My opinion is that the first pen is the most harsh. I have watched and rewound both plenty of times. Knoyle should never go to ground which is straight away giving the ref a decision to make but the guy is already on his way down when he crosses it!

The 2nd one I'm not sure if anybody else has a better angle of the challenge but its a blantant pen. The motion in which the player goes down is the giveaway. Also you know Dahlberg grabs him because the ball goes away from him a second before he makes contact. The most annoying thing is how the f*** has he not caught it!? He clearly shouts for it because its on Andersons head and he leaves it for him. Its a joke how many times we shoot ourselves in the foot late in games. No matter who the manager is, no matter who the personell on the pitch is, season after season after season we totally lack concentration. Were 8 games in and already making Danny Bakers next DVD featuring purely ourselves.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 11:09:00 am by StocksArmy »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 26, 2021, 10:55:26 am by Jonathan »
This is ultimately what you get with loaning young players. I’m certainly not suggesting Dahlberg was a bad signing, on the contrary I think he’s an excellent keeper and by some distance the best we’ve had since Dieng (and better than plenty that preceded him). But he’s young and has shown occasional weaknesses in concentration and a tendency to make rash decisions. He’ll learn and iron out those faults in time, and Watford will be the beneficiary. He could play at a very high level in the future in my opinion. Come the summer we’ll be back at square one needing a goalkeeper.

But that’s the loan market. And I do get the fact that we couldn’t afford to bring in a permanent goalkeeper of comparable quality. It is what it is.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on September 26, 2021, 11:03:34 am by Bentley Bullet »
On the penalty decisions, I agree with Richie Wellens:

“I’m disappointed with the result but really proud of the players’ performance.”

On the penalty decisions, Wellens said: “Is it a penalty? It probably is a penalty but week in week out you will see people getting to the byline and pulling a cross back and the defender going into him and it won’t be given.

“And the second one’s not a penalty. Pontus says he hasn’t touched him and I just watched it back and he hasn’t touched him, the lad’s dived.”

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on September 26, 2021, 11:10:26 am by StocksArmy »
On the penalty decisions, I agree with Richie Wellens:

“I’m disappointed with the result but really proud of the players’ performance.”

On the penalty decisions, Wellens said: “Is it a penalty? It probably is a penalty but week in week out you will see people getting to the byline and pulling a cross back and the defender going into him and it won’t be given.

“And the second one’s not a penalty. Pontus says he hasn’t touched him and I just watched it back and he hasn’t touched him, the lad’s dived.”

He also said Wigans 2nd goal was offside though.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 26, 2021, 11:12:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
I didn't say I agreed with his view on Wigan's 2nd goal, I said I agreed with his views on the penalties at Plymouth.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 26, 2021, 11:22:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm genuinely bemused that anyone is even talking about the first penalty. The ball is two yards away when Knoyle makes contact. It isn't even remotely close to being a fair challenge.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 26, 2021, 11:24:35 am by StocksArmy »
I didn't say I agreed with his view on Wigan's 2nd goal, I said I agreed with his views on the penalties at Plymouth.

I never said anything about your opinion. Im pointing out that he is not always correct. Hes got his head in the sand. My opinion of course.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012