Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:38:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Ipswich Town game  (Read 7785 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Ipswich Town game
« on September 25, 2021, 07:07:56 pm by selby »
  It is getting to the point where we have to pick ourselves up off the floor and fight for our lives, and like most teams when things go wrong the world seems against you, at least that is how the result after being so promising felt at Plymouth.
 My feeling in the week about that game was we very rarely win three on the bounce, so at least we have not got that pressure hanging over our head with this game.
 Ipswich are a team that most would have tipped to be themselves at the other end of the table,have a well respected manager and players most teams in our division would snatch up given the chance. As I have pointed out a few times before we are a team that lot's of times in the past we have managed to get teams in the doldrums and in bad runs of form up and running again over the years, but this game is a must not lose game to me.
  We need a moral boosting result, and to find a way not to lose and let another team build a gap between us and them that gets too big.
  At least supporters who went to the Plymouth game are reporting another improved performance and signs that we are becoming a team that can cause problems for other teams going forward, lets hope we can take another step forward on Tuesday.
  Would you make changes?
  Are we really improving?
  Are Ipswich in a false position?
  With Pigott and Harper they have the potential to score goals, are we capable of making them wait a little longer to start doing so?
  Lots to think about with this game, how do we approach it? lot's to discuss, please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Ipswich Town game
« Reply #1 on September 25, 2021, 07:20:52 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
If the tractor boys  don't  harvest 3 points on Tuesday it
will be the last straw for the cook who will be thrown out with the dirty dishwater.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 25, 2021, 07:26:26 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
With their ridiculous Covid restrictions at Portman Road, i won't be going out of protest. Lunacy.

That aside, another tough away trip for us despite the Tractor Boys lowly league position at the moment.

Again, like today at Plymouth, a game which i feel we can win but won't.

Taken the lead at Wigan and Plymouth and come away with 0 points from those games. When we score away we don't win and when we don't score away, we don't draw.

Drop Cukur. He will never score a goal for us if he played until he was 50.

Interesting game in prospect and looking forward on ifollow to see how we shape up.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 25, 2021, 08:18:49 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Is anyone actually going to this? 27 quid and all the covid crap?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 25, 2021, 08:21:14 pm by drfchound »
It will be IFollow for me on Tuesday.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 25, 2021, 08:22:37 pm by selby »
ifollow for me, also the Rovers get more out of it financially I think.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 25, 2021, 10:05:22 pm by normal rules »
This game has boycott wrote all over it.  Too May hoops to jump through to get in, too expensive for lge 1.
I follow it is.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 25, 2021, 10:17:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
They are pretty terrible if truth be told. They’ve only won once in all competitions this season. Even we have won twice. They’ve kept one clean sheet all season. They usually score though. We will probably lose here given our dreadful historic record but they are a poor side at present.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 10:02:22 am by Chris Black come back »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 26, 2021, 02:07:09 am by bpoolrover »
Think will be another struggle for us, we played much better today than previous matches but were still very lightweight in midfield and until we sign someone who can play in the whiteman position we will struggle

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 26, 2021, 09:02:02 am by DonnyOsmond »
This game could potentially kick start either teams season.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 26, 2021, 10:25:46 am by DMnumber4 »
This game has boycott wrote all over it.  Too May hoops to jump through to get in, too expensive for lge 1.
I follow it is.

Or pinstripes

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 26, 2021, 10:37:19 am by Colin C No.3 »
I follow it is.
Is it audio only or can you view the game on ifollow?Thanks.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 26, 2021, 10:50:06 am by Spud »
I follow it is.

Video match pass is showing as available, tenner as usual.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 26, 2021, 12:04:08 pm by Scooter »
I have tickets for this as I haven’t been before but typically I’m currently unwell which made me miss the Plymouth game. I don’t think it’s covid as I’ve tested negative all week and had a negative PCR last weekend. I also had another PCR yesterday to play safe so I’m just waiting the result
I think it’s a chest infection which has floored me. I’ve got antibiotics going now I’m just trying to get fit for Tuesday.
I hope to go as we seem to have turned a corner. Could do with Cukur getting off the mark to give his confidence a boost

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 26, 2021, 12:57:25 pm by Surrey Rover »
'Plan your journey in advance and arrive at the stadium in plenty of time (an entry time and
point will be specified on your ticket)'

My ticket has an entry time of 2:30pm - 2:45pm

I think I'll be arriving a bit later than that.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 26, 2021, 01:44:47 pm by Spud »
I have tickets for this as I haven’t been before but typically I’m currently unwell which made me miss the Plymouth game. I don’t think it’s covid as I’ve tested negative all week and had a negative PCR last weekend. I also had another PCR yesterday to play safe so I’m just waiting the result
I think it’s a chest infection which has floored me. I’ve got antibiotics going now I’m just trying to get fit for Tuesday.
I hope to go as we seem to have turned a corner. Could do with Cukur getting off the mark to give his confidence a boost

There does seem to be some bugs other than covid doing the rounds atm, possibly since the ditching of face coverings.
Hope you're well soon.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 26, 2021, 02:00:42 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
My 12 year old is a bit poorly with all the typical symptoms of a nasty cold at the moment. I do think there is something other than Covid doing the rounds which is a shock as i was led to believe that Covid was the only disease left in existence.  :rolleyes:

I felt really rough on Friday but picked up a lot now.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 26, 2021, 02:40:09 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
We are improving game by game and yesterday was our best performance of the season, just 2 mistakes cos us all 3 points. Cukur wasn’t bad just took too long at times to pass or shoot, dodoos hold up play was good and Hiwula could’ve had more than just the one goal. Defensively Williams and Anderson never put a foot wrong.

Only change I would make is Vilca for Cukur with Dodoo going up top. Confident of getting a win on Tuesday after our recent performances just need to cut out the mistakes. 2-1 win

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 26, 2021, 04:33:53 pm by Scooter »

There does seem to be some bugs other than covid doing the rounds atm, possibly since the ditching of face coverings.
Hope you're well soon.

Thanks Spud. Definitely not covid as my PCR has come back negative again. I feel like I’ve been 12 rounds with Usyk but hopefully by Tuesday I will be good enough to go

essexrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 26, 2021, 06:45:34 pm by essexrover »
We are improving game by game and yesterday was our best performance of the season, just 2 mistakes cos us all 3 points. Cukur wasn’t bad just took too long at times to pass or shoot, dodoos hold up play was good and Hiwula could’ve had more than just the one goal. Defensively Williams and Anderson never put a foot wrong.

Only change I would make is Vilca for Cukur with Dodoo going up top. Confident of getting a win on Tuesday after our recent performances just need to cut out the mistakes. 2-1 win
:that:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 26, 2021, 07:32:06 pm by scawsby steve »
I follow it is.

Just to put your mind at ease for the rest of the season, all midweek league games are available to watch on iFollow.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 26, 2021, 07:33:35 pm by drfchound »
I follow it is.

Just to put your mind at ease for the rest of the season, all midweek league games are available to watch on iFollow.

There might be a few bonus ones too SS if we keep getting games called off on International weeks.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 26, 2021, 08:01:18 pm by roversdude »
IFollow for me

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 27, 2021, 09:25:33 am by selby »
  This could be our lowest away attendance for a long time, sad for those who used to never miss a game, times have changed no matter what people say.
  Good live coverage by the media and payment to your own club looks to be the future.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 27, 2021, 11:00:36 am by NigelJ »
  This could be our lowest away attendance for a long time, sad for those who used to never miss a game, times have changed no matter what people say.
  Good live coverage by the media and payment to your own club looks to be the future.

I'm going, I never miss a game (pandemics excepted). Maybe sad at the final whistle though...hopefully not.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 27, 2021, 11:18:22 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Another chance to show the continuous improvement we've made.

Deserved a point at high flying Plymouth. Can we go one better at stuttering Ipswich? Why not!

Would be poetic justice after making away fans so unwelcome.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 27, 2021, 11:26:04 am by Lincoln Rover »
I’m travelling tomorrow on the supporters coach & meeting my son who is working fairly close by. Yes it will be a small following tomorrow and I fully understand fans reasons for not attending. We walk by faith & not by sight. RTID.

rtidfco

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 27, 2021, 02:25:15 pm by rtidfco »
Just realised this is ticket only. Tried to buy on Saturday but couldn't get past credit card stage. Does anyone have an adult ticket spare as am overnighting in Ipswich anyway. Thanks

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 27, 2021, 06:15:54 pm by Janso »
I normally don't miss a game but the only person I know that would've been able to go can't because of the stupid entry rules, so I won't be going.

Disappointed but wasn't worth the f**k about getting in.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 28, 2021, 12:54:51 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Without jinxing it, I think we'll get a draw tonight.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012