Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:47:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The new high wage, high tech jobs economy  (Read 841 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
The new high wage, high tech jobs economy
« on October 06, 2021, 09:36:57 pm by SydneyRover »
As it appears from comments some are already starting to believe this will happen, let's get some of the brains trust to tell us how this might happen and how long it could take and what the hell is it.

Are we going to be the new silicon valley?

Are we going to fight to return all the finance operations that we already had, they are still bleeding to the EU?

How are we going to train everyone up for these new positions as robot and AI designers?

How many computer scientists can fit into a mini?

When will this all start?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: The new high wage, high tech jobs economy
« Reply #1 on October 06, 2021, 10:18:21 pm by tyke1962 »
As it appears from comments some are already starting to believe this will happen, let's get some of the brains trust to tell us how this might happen and how long it could take and what the hell is it.

Are we going to fight to return all the finance operations that we already had, they are still bleeding to the EU?

How are we going to train everyone up for these new positions as robot and AI designers?

Silicone Valley , finance industry and computer scientists is an interesting view inside your soul Sydney .

Does that mean you only identity prosperity with the entrepreneurial , university class and the punters in the square mile  ?

Interesting revelation .

Levelling up to me equates to people such as Amazon employees who slog their guts out for just above the minimum wage whilst the company makes billions of profits for shareholders .

It's a tragedy I have to explain it to you .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 06, 2021, 10:30:44 pm by SydneyRover »

Silicone Valley , finance industry and computer scientists is an interesting view inside your soul Sydney .

Does that mean you only identity prosperity with the entrepreneurial , university class and the punters in the square mile  ?

Interesting revelation .

Levelling up to me equates to people such as Amazon employees who slog their guts out for just above the minimum wage whilst the company makes billions of profits for shareholders .

It's a tragedy I have to explain it to you .

You still have problems filtering the bull from reality tyke, these are all questions are they not, you are so quick to defend johnson and prove to the forum that he's actually a thing, real.

All the above is what johnson wants you to think and it looks like he has you and a few others sitting right in his pocket.

I think you are so angry at your man getting a massive tonking from the tories you'll blame anyone.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 06, 2021, 10:32:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What would you do?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 06, 2021, 10:37:56 pm by SydneyRover »
What would you do?

I wouldn't have driven the UK into the mud with Austerity and I wouldn't have put brexit on the table, just not doing these two things would have Britain in such a better economic position and are the main reasons why the tories are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Tell me which countries or economic zones the models have followed? they have done the modelling, there is a plan right?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 06, 2021, 10:44:55 pm by SydneyRover »
This levelling up and a new high tech economy is just to keep the audience spellbound for another 11 years while king boris builds a new palace or three.#

Added:

You can see where johnson's brain is, as one of the first things he does following ascendancy is to redecorate the digs, not get on with levelling up or fix the economy, make sure that he's comfortable.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 10:49:17 pm by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 06, 2021, 10:53:55 pm by SydneyRover »
If the economy was a car Austerity and brexit have been like cutting the brake lines driving down the hill smashing through the cockle shed and into the harbour, now the tories want to check to see if they had insurance.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 06, 2021, 11:01:13 pm by River Don »
According to quick Google query ot two, apparently Silicon Valley truck drivers earn on average something like 50% than UK lorry drivers.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 06, 2021, 11:04:58 pm by SydneyRover »
According to quick Google query ot two, apparently Silicon Valley truck drivers earn on average something like 50% than UK lorry drivers.

I'm not arguing it's a not a good thing Don, it's just a bit late in the 'what do we do next' column of the tory agenda.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 07, 2021, 10:48:32 am by bpoolrover »
What would you do?

I wouldn't have driven the UK into the mud with Austerity and I wouldn't have put brexit on the table, just not doing these two things would have Britain in such a better economic position and are the main reasons why the tories are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Tell me which countries or economic zones the models have followed? they have done the modelling, there is a plan right?
what would you do thou? Not what you wouldn't have done?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 07, 2021, 10:57:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool.
Not doing Austerity would have been a positive thing. Austerity is the root cause of our shocking economic performance for the last decade, our appalling productivity and our stagnant wages.

Not doing Austerity would have meant doing something else. It would have been a positive policy choice. It would have meant continuing to use Govt spending to get the private sector back properly firing.

There were very many eminent economists AT THE TIME screaming a out how stupid Austerity was. The economists who disagreed with them at the time have been smoked out since as having based their analyses on errors. There is now barely a serious economist anywhere in the world who thinks Austerity was anything but a disastrous mistake.

Not doing Austerity isn't a negative. It would have been a positive policy choice.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 07, 2021, 10:58:53 am by SydneyRover »
What would you do?

what would you do thou? Not what you wouldn't have done?

It's a bit rich to ask someone 'how they would clean up the shit' when they opposed Austerity, opposed Brexit and opposed the tories full stop, how would you clean you the shit bp, you spend your time here defending them

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 07, 2021, 11:16:08 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I mean that works really well in life doesn't it? What would you do now? Not what they did.

It's fine to say you wouldn't have done that but it's happened, sunk, done. What would you do now?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 07, 2021, 11:19:17 am by SydneyRover »
I mean that works really well in life doesn't it? What would you do now? Not what they did.

It's fine to say you wouldn't have done that but it's happened, sunk, done. What would you do now?

If you remove the children from government the UK stands a chance of recovering part of what's been thrown away in the name of ideology and self survival, but with johnson at the helm your guess is as good as anyone's pud.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 07, 2021, 11:27:20 am by SydneyRover »
Hey pud, everyone could make a start by eating a lot more bacon, if you think that's a stupid suggestion that's it's because that's how stupid the situation is.

The government has created the situation but refuses to back down.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 07, 2021, 12:40:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Fascinating they way this argument goes.

Person 1: If you do X it will be a disaster.

Person 2: I disagree. And anyway, you can't know that until it's happened.

We do X. It is a disaster.

Person 2: Well that's all water under the bridge now. No point discussing it, it's gone. How do YOU suggest we put it right, Mr Clever Trousers.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 07, 2021, 12:44:06 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Amazing how people are gushing about the Tory party conference and Boris' showboating and wisecracking.

People still are more influenced by how much a man can work the room rather than by the policies that destroyed peoples lives and caused misery during Covid. Knowing the fact the man is a liar, cheat, racist and lacks any moral fibre, they still vote for him because he is an entertainer.

Mainly why i have misanthropic views much of the time. A failure to understand the herd, the sheep mentality with short memories that are Boris fans. Presumably they've been unaffected by his decimation of people's lives by Covid measures.

The issues we are facing now have not been caused by a virus. They have been caused by a hysterical and irrational response to it.

As much as i dislike Keir Starmer, it is more to do with his views throughout the pandemic rather than the fact he's boring and looks like an estate agent why i won't vote for him. I go on policies and integrity rather than the popularity contest that is the Tory party and what the general public seem to want in a leader. I use that term very loosely indeed when referring to Boris.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 12:52:35 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012