Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:54:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Football Heaven phone in  (Read 2765 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Football Heaven phone in
« on October 05, 2021, 02:16:36 pm by Branton Rover »
Virtually every caller from a Wednesday perspective bemoaning DM and his slow, ponderous tactics - made me smile when they were moaning about taking a goal kick when both central defenders are stood next to the keeper & I think Moore is that stubborn he won’t change things & I predict he’ll be out of work before the seasons end. It’s definitely worth a listen, plus Barnsley have finally appointed a continental dud as manager and they can’t score in a brothel currently.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Football Heaven phone in
« Reply #1 on October 05, 2021, 02:50:16 pm by River Don »
League 1 current form table (last 6 games)

Rovers are 20th.

...SWFC are bottom.

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=3

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 05, 2021, 04:08:50 pm by donnyallday »
That's because Rob Staton was hosting the show.

He's a closet pig and will shoe horn Wednesday in every opportunity he gets, i was gutted when i heard he'd come back to the show, he's so bias and crafty how he orchestrates the show, whether it's Moore or the tea lady he'll squeeze Wednesday in.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 05, 2021, 04:14:27 pm by Branton Rover »
To me he can keep squeezing, because collectively they’re having a meltdown over Moore - they keep saying we need to get out of this division, it’s hilarious

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 05, 2021, 04:35:42 pm by Lincoln Rover »

Having had the pleasure of meeting Mr Staton on several occasions I can categorically assure you he’s certainly NOT a Wendies fan at all. OMG where people get their opinions from. The next time he’s at the KM go & chat to him or any of the RS lads. All excellent with knowledge galore. Andy Giddings who runs the sports team is a Halifax fan.

That's because Rob Staton was hosting the show.

He's a closet pig and will shoe horn Wednesday in every opportunity he gets, i was gutted when i heard he'd come back to the show, he's so bias and crafty how he orchestrates the show, whether it's Moore or the tea lady he'll squeeze Wednesday in.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 05, 2021, 04:46:36 pm by donnyallday »
Not having it. He creams over anything wednesday and he has for years.

No other presenter past or present shoe horns Wednesday into every show like he does, FACT.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 05, 2021, 06:01:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Don't think I've ever heard a Rovers fan this season on the way home from home games. In fact nor do you hear owt from anyone none Sheffield for the first half hour.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 05, 2021, 06:07:50 pm by Jimmydee »
The Wendy fans were moaning about not having anyone up front on the half way line when the defend corners, I’ve noticed that we now have two up fron for that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 05, 2021, 06:11:22 pm by drfchound »
Don't think I've ever heard a Rovers fan this season on the way home from home games. In fact nor do you hear owt from anyone none Sheffield for the first half hour.

Padge, there was one that I heard on the way home last Saturday.
Very rare though as you say.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 05, 2021, 06:34:34 pm by Chris the Rover »
I’ve tried to get on a few times, but never managed it. Derek is on fairly regularly and he’s Rovers through and through.Far too much Sheffield bias, unsurprisingly.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 05, 2021, 07:47:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Padge, there was one that I heard on the way home last Saturday.
Very rare though as you say.

To be fair this Saturday I was home within half hour.
Most annoying thing was the second caller was a blade who hadn't been to the game commenting on how she can't grumble because of the huge effort all the team out into the game. Shouldn't be allowed on if not been on match day.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 05, 2021, 07:59:11 pm by TheFunk »
There was a Rovers fan on Saturday but they cut him off mid sentence to speak to the Barnsley manager. I'm pretty sure Rob Staton is a self confessed Rotherham fan.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 05, 2021, 09:32:39 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Virtually every caller from a Wednesday perspective bemoaning DM and his slow, ponderous tactics - made me smile when they were moaning about taking a goal kick when both central defenders are stood next to the keeper

I heard that and was laughing me socks off :)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 06, 2021, 09:49:06 am by jamesrover17 »
There was a Rovers fan on Saturday but they cut him off mid sentence to speak to the Barnsley manager. I'm pretty sure Rob Staton is a self confessed Rotherham fan.

I thought he was a miller as well

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 06, 2021, 02:15:52 pm by Lincoln Rover »
As I’ve said before, chat to the bloke before judging him. You’re BOTH wrong.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 06, 2021, 04:58:26 pm by donnyallday »
o.k then what is he ?

I watched a thing live once where he was talking about seattle seahawks some yank rubbish which were the current conversation, then went onto talking sheffield wednesday which seemed odd. why?

no other presenter mentions wednesday  as much as he does.

I've many a time left the keepmoat carpark, drove to Asda at balby, bought a few things, jumped in the car and hes still interviewing that carlos bloke they had for a manager, asking shite mundane question after question. WHY?...  Its so obvious. If he's not a wednesday fan or keen admirer whos bias, what is he?.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 06, 2021, 05:36:48 pm by BVB »
Why don’t you just ask him.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 06, 2021, 05:38:37 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Go & chat to him. You’ll be pleasantly surprised

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 06, 2021, 05:46:06 pm by Spud »
Clue in "pleasantly" ?
Stop teasing lol

Grumps

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 06, 2021, 06:18:57 pm by Grumps »
Evening Gents,

Rotherham United supporter here.  I know several people who went to school with Rob Staton (Wickersley Comp).  Rob is that worst of all things:  a Rotherham Owl.  He most definitely does support Sheffield Wednesday.  He used to actually post regularly on Owlstalk before stopping once his journalistic career started to take off.  He tries to mask his love for Wednesday by pretending to be sympathetic to his hometown club (nobody can be overly criticised for wanting to see their local side do well, can they).

Ps - its true that he "supports" the Seahawks at American Football. 

Cheers,
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 06:33:50 pm by Grumps »

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 06, 2021, 07:27:54 pm by donnyallday »
Correct Grump.
 he used to post on owlstalk as indiana if my memory serves me correct.

Lincoln is gonna tell me he's a Donny fan next  :facepalm:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 06, 2021, 07:54:41 pm by Jonathan »
I used to call into Football Heaven / Praise or Grumble fairly regularly and never had a problem getting on or being heard. I’ve always liked the BBC local radio team and accept that they’ll talk about the Sheffield clubs regularly as they’re the biggest clubs in the region. I didn’t like Rob Staton’s tone in his most recent interview with Richie (nor did Richie it seems) but that aside I think he does a good job. Seth Bennett was a superb local broadcaster and I’m always happy to hear that his career (and that of Paul Walker) is doing well. It’s fashionable to knock the BBC, but I think the local coverage is good.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 06, 2021, 08:46:01 pm by donnyallday »
internet must have gone down in Lincoln tonight.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012