Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:25:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That one’s for everyone that didn’t panic  (Read 8944 times)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: That one’s for everyone that didn’t panic
« Reply #120 on October 05, 2021, 01:00:30 pm by donnievic »
The linesman in front of the West Stand had to stand right on the touch line & crane his neck to see past the coaching staff (both sides) who were all standing well outside their technical areas sometimes almost encroaching onto the field of play.

How can he be expected to make a correct decision for a throw in or a foul committed on the touc line when his field of vision is blocked AND, why the heck didn’t he say something to the 4th official!?
he should t have too that’s down to the 4th to keep then in the technical area

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on October 05, 2021, 03:50:40 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I don't think it was as clear cut as that, Greeny wasn't just a water carrier, he could use tha ball too and often got forward and helped develop creative play.

I think the three of them were versatile, Greeny perhaps put more of the leg work in more often. Wellens more of the creative work but for me, at ts best, the whole thing was quite fluid.

No Green was a different ball winner, River don, I was saying Gillett was more a give it to the better players guy. Green could do a bit of everything.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on October 05, 2021, 06:46:05 pm by drfchound »
Same here. You could see what was going to happen before it happened in terms of Williams going to manhandle their lad. Very surprised that it wasn't given a penalty. Fully expected it to be.

The thing is though, refs are letting more and more of the manhandling to go unpunished.
At every corner defenders in particular, but also attackers, grab hold of each other and block runs, pull shirts etc.
 It is something that is becoming more and more prevalent and is not often punished by refs.

also most fans are looking where they can see the whole box from differant angles of the ground where as the ref gets one look so is maybe only pinpointing his attention to one part of the area from lower down

That is fair mate but what really irks me is when the ref is in a good position to see what is going on.
Sometimes they even stop the corner from being taken, go to the players involved in the holding etc. and give them a warning to pack it in, then blow the whistle for the corner to be taken.
The same pushing and holding carries on and naff all is done about it.
think they usually stop if both are at it aswell,but on numerous times you do then see them give a foul to the defending side.suppose it’s same as throw ins if the ref isn’t sure of direction of a throw in and is closer than assistant they are told to go in favour of defending side and think same is said if both holding or grappling in the box.I was watching numerous times on Saturday and was abit of holding when rovers were defending corners in the 1st half which went unnoticed.

There was a massive amount of wrestling and holding when Rovers were defending corners in the first half.
Players of both sides were guilty.
It is ruining the game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012