Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:36:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ben Close  (Read 4459 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Re: Ben Close
« Reply #30 on October 05, 2021, 12:06:19 pm by VivaRovers »
Isn't it all down to the font designated for the numbers by the EFL. They tried them in white but they didn't work due to the numbers not being solid. The Belles numbers are solid so it works no problem for them. I'm sure SM explained it at some point previously.

Aye, but even allowing for the gaps in the numbers on the EFL font choice, I just can't see how having them in white would be any less legible than having them in the current black

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 05, 2021, 12:32:12 pm by BobG »
The whole shirt is awful. In my eyes it actually looks nasty. I'm struggling to think of a Rovers shirt I have ever disliked as much as this one.

BobG

Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, BOB!

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Doncaster_Rovers/images/doncaster_rovers_1993-aug.gif

Shirt was God awful, like static on a red & white telly. But what really clinched it was those grey lines on the shorts focusing your attention on The Wing Co's genitalia.

True Billy! I'd forgotten that one!!

OK. This current kit is one of the two worst kits of all time! :):):)

Bob

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 05, 2021, 06:52:13 pm by drfchound »
To Nick a phrase from Brian Clough (and slightly change it), I wouldn’t say the current kit is the worst we have ever had but it is up there in the top one.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 05, 2021, 06:53:04 pm by Campsall rover »
Just to say the thread title is Ben Close.

The last 18 posts are about our kit. Not sure how that happened but  :zzz:
New thread needed I think titled home kit.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 06:55:27 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 05, 2021, 06:54:44 pm by drfchound »
Haha, it happens all the time Camps.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 05, 2021, 06:56:24 pm by Campsall rover »
Haha, it happens all the time Camps.
It does I know.  :facepalm:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 05, 2021, 07:00:50 pm by Campsall rover »
Adamtherover just seen you are the quilty party.

Red card 3 match suspension.  :)   You can start the next KIT a thread.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 05, 2021, 07:08:06 pm by drfchound »
am I the only one who still struggles to identify the players   ,  I can't even read the black names on the shirts to get a heads up..  there is only about 4 lads I could recognise?

Speaking of not recognising players, I was in the same room today as Fej and had no idea who he was.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 05, 2021, 07:13:41 pm by Campsall rover »
am I the only one who still struggles to identify the players   ,  I can't even read the black names on the shirts to get a heads up..  there is only about 4 lads I could recognise?

Speaking of not recognising players, I was in the same room today as Fej and had no idea who he was.
How did you know it was Fej then hound?  ;)

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 05, 2021, 07:15:02 pm by Spud »
Cos he's just been on the news?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 05, 2021, 07:16:13 pm by drfchound »

Good question mate but I have the answer.
I saw him on the Calendar tv show tonight, being filmed in the same room as we were in, but at a slightly different time of day.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 05, 2021, 07:26:28 pm by Campsall rover »

I saw him on the Calendar tv show tonight, being filmed in the same room as we were in, but at a slightly different time of day.
Did not watch it as we have Look North on. So can I ask where you were hound?  Curious.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 05, 2021, 07:28:23 pm by drfchound »

Did not watch it as we have Look North on. So can I ask where you were hound?  Curious.

Keepmoat mate.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 05, 2021, 07:30:33 pm by Campsall rover »

Keepmoat mate.
Right ok cheers. 

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 05, 2021, 07:53:00 pm by scawsby steve »
That was BB’s first memory of watching Rovers

No it wasn't, mate. His first memory of them was when they wore blue and yellow, with tam o' shanter hats.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012