Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:17:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Taiwan China war  (Read 1795 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Taiwan China war
« Reply #30 on October 22, 2021, 09:36:30 pm by SydneyRover »
Yep that's about it sprot, Oz manages to stuff all major (ahem) armed forces buys. They are always sold as jobs, jobs, jobs and by the time they are built? But Oz did force a redesign of the original French nuclear subs to be diesel.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 22, 2021, 10:08:23 pm by Sprotyrover »
Yep that's about it sprot, Oz manages to stuff all major (ahem) armed forces buys. They are always sold as jobs, jobs, jobs and by the time they are built? But Oz did force a redesign of the original French nuclear subs to be diesel.
I believe the French boats were a version of the Skorpione
as built for India
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 11:31:11 am by Sprotyrover »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 23, 2021, 10:58:39 am by wilts rover »
The world moves on:

President Biden and French President Macron spoke today. They're slated to meet next week on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Rome "where they will continue the conversation, take stock of the many areas of U.S.-France cooperation, and reinforce our shared interests," WH says.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1451607980391243777

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 23, 2021, 03:08:26 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Quote from: Sprotyrover
link=topic=282498.msg1094412#msg1094412 date=1633776694
Get ready,this is going the way of The last War, China is short of Energy and needs to get its Hands on fossil fuels. We have sleep walked into an Arms race, we should not have taken our eye off the ball, we have allows china to build the worlds largest Navy,Canada let its fleet rot, Australia assumed that they were too far away to worry, both nations have done a deal with the UK Canada is building 15 Type 26 Frigates, Australia is building 12, Canada will be the next to buy nuclear Subs they need at least 8. we are building 18 Frigates to take our fleet from 19 to 24 Destroyers and Frigates.we have sent three OPV's out into other Oceans recently toShow the flag.
'Bidets' US is also in a Warship building frenzy.
Sproty, let me assure you China is in no way desperate for fossil fuels. Working for a Mining Machinery company in the late 90's - 00's that supplied China with it's first piece of Western mining equipment, I worked in China on several ocassions, in outer Mongolia they simply rock up to a high point of land and drive straight in no deep mining there. Every mountain/high point is just full of coal. The 1st machine the Company sent over never saw a mine it was dismantled piece by piece in order  for them to replicate a Chinese version. The one piece of information we didn't give them was how the electronics worked but I'm sure they worked it out. The crazy thing is that the Company was US owned but they would not buy directly from US each machine had to be ordered  through and despatched from UK so the full machine was shipped to the UK from US and then sent on to China

a couple of years ago i heard about a Company up Durham way -  they were some kind of engineering company with a patent,
when a chinese delegation got in touch about making a visit to see the factory - the owners were impressed and showed them around   proudly.

Then by total coincidence a wh
ile later someone broke into the factory and stole a computer

and guess what copies of the "whatever it was" started being churned out in China

and the british company went down hill

basically all chinese students  that come to the uk don't read the little red book any more they "literally" read the little series books  below

thank goodness for Tom Tugendhat   CLH says

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/06/13/tom-tugendhat-british-mp-china-hates/

COULD SAY IT'S PATENTLY OBVIOUS cHINA HAS NO RESPECT FOR PATENTS 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 03:24:29 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012