Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:43:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Knee Surgery for one of our players  (Read 13606 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Knee Surgery for one of our players
« Reply #60 on October 15, 2021, 05:04:08 pm by Campsall rover »
That’s brilliant from him. Does not matter how wealthy he may be he did not have to do it.

All those that have been ‘calling’ him need to have a re think.

Far too many people making judgements about people on social media and forums like this one, who have never met the person and don’t know what they are like as people at all.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 15, 2021, 05:09:34 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
That’s brilliant from him. Does not matter how wealthy he may be he did not have to do it.

All those that have been ‘calling’ him need to have a re think.

Far too many people making judgements about people on social media and forums like this one, who have never met the person and don’t know what they are like as people at all.

This!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 15, 2021, 07:26:32 pm by graingrover »
After just 48 hours she has over 150% of her target after big donations from Gary Lineker and Danny Rose The donations from another 80 or so fans will have  given her much support psychologically .

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 15, 2021, 07:30:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
According to Liam Hoden in the free press Club Doncaster had offered to loan Sophie the money on a no interest but she decided to go with the Just Giving route

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on October 15, 2021, 07:36:59 pm by graingrover »
Good on them as they will also be paying her salary during her time off I imagine .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on October 15, 2021, 08:35:27 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
According to Liam Hoden in the free press Club Doncaster had offered to loan Sophie the money on a no interest but she decided to go with the Just Giving route

Personally I'm really quite disappointed they chose not to fund it in full for such a serious injury.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 15, 2021, 08:54:27 pm by GazLaz »

Personally I'm really quite disappointed they chose not to fund it in full for such a serious injury.

I’d like to know the reasoning.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on October 15, 2021, 08:58:23 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Danny Rose has also donated £2500.

Superb

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 15, 2021, 09:01:54 pm by bpoolrover »
I find it appalling really we are paying for joe Wright  and that's good but to not pay for the belles player is just wrong
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 09:04:00 pm by bpoolrover »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 15, 2021, 09:08:25 pm by DonnyNoel »
I find it appalling really we are paying for joe Wright  and that's good but to not pay for the belles player is just wrong

Yeah I've hardly ever gone against the club but unless I'm missing something this was a real own goal. Obviously to the majority of our fan base £5k is a significant outlay but I would think it could have been sorted easily and with a positive media spin by the club in hours.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 15, 2021, 09:10:26 pm by bpoolrover »
The way I see it she plays under club Doncaster, if Anderson gets injured they would pay for the best treatment, Sophie should get the same

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 15, 2021, 10:08:07 pm by roversdude »

Superb

He has also donated £19k for an NHS day out at YWP

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on October 15, 2021, 10:10:00 pm by drfchound »

Superb

He has also donated £19k for an NHS day out at YWP

Class.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on October 15, 2021, 10:40:09 pm by TheFunk »
I'm guessing this shows our insurance pays for our player's treatment not us which I'd never considered. As the Belles are amateur they are limited to £250. Still poor when she's a club employee and TB can shell out millions to his old university. Another PR own goal from the club. Although I suspect paying for her operation would set a precedent from their perspective.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 10:44:19 pm by TheFunk »

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 15, 2021, 11:12:44 pm by ian1980 »
I'm guessing this shows our insurance pays for our player's treatment not us which I'd never considered. As the Belles are amateur they are limited to £250. Still poor when she's a club employee and TB can shell out millions to his old university. Another PR own goal from the club. Although I suspect paying for her operation would set a precedent from their perspective.

That £250 is on the basic bluefin insurance. That’s the same cover as junior Sunday league players have.

I’m sure, like most insurance, there’ll be additional layers to it which will cost more but give greater cover. We obviously don’t know what cover the club has in place for semi and pro players.

However, I find it quite shocking that the club have not sorted this. Shes the captain of a Club Doncaster team, I thought it was all in it together.

Seams that’s not the case and I’ve lost quite a bit of respect for the club with this.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 15, 2021, 11:27:29 pm by mushRTID »

Pathetic

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on October 15, 2021, 11:29:21 pm by Pancho Regan »
Why don’t we stop criticising Club Doncaster and celebrate the fact that, thanks to modest but heart-felt contributions from some of us Rovers fans, this has clearly gone to the attention of some wealthier members of the football family and Sophie has smashed her target.

Absolutely brilliant.

She will be feeling so pumped up and encouraged by this tonight. Let’s celebrate the positive.

Massive credit to Lineker and Rose.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on October 16, 2021, 12:46:12 am by BVB »
Just wondering amongst the general indignation towards Club Don whether that same indignation would be shown if this injury had happened to any of the other Belles players and who don’t have a day job with Club Don.

In my view CD have set a duty of care precedent in offering to loan SS the money - they were under no obligation to do so - and so now in future will they do the same for the rest of the (non-SD employed) Belles squad should any of those unfortunately suffer serious injuries?

And will you lot be there to complain if they don’t then?

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on October 16, 2021, 12:50:03 am by BVB »

Pathetic

Pathetic.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on October 16, 2021, 01:05:59 am by BVB »
The way I see it she plays under club Doncaster, if Anderson gets injured they would pay for the best treatment, Sophie should get the same

The way I see it:
Anderson - employed and paid by CD to play professional football. Insured to a higher level so that he gets the (private) treatment he needs to be able to do his job.
Scargill: not directly employed/ paid to play amateur football for Belles. Insured to the National & County FA recommended level for WFL Tier 4 teams- but payment for this type of injury completely woeful.

Club Doncaster offers to loan interest-free to cover the op. Under no legal obligation to do so, but does.

A generous offer in the circumstances.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on October 16, 2021, 01:10:22 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's great that so many people have got behind this and supported her cause.

At the same time , I think so many have also jumped the gun and called the club out without knowing diddly squat about the agreement that supports the Belles.

Let's shoot first and ask questions later eh!?

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 16, 2021, 08:53:39 am by Scooter »
There is a huge divide between the men’s and women’s game and Sophie’s experience is a prime example of this.
I know some excellent academics who are doing fantastic work and research regarding the professionalisation of women’s football.

For those on Twitter search for: Alex Culvin (ex Belles player), Ali Bowes and Beth Clarkson as a starting point

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on October 16, 2021, 09:15:59 am by Wiltshire Exile »
I see that someone by the name of Daniel Levy has made a contribution…£2.00.
Seriously, the real Daniel Levy?  :lol:

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sophie-scargill?utm_term=yA3dyZJjK

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on October 16, 2021, 09:25:48 am by Campsall rover »
Why don’t we stop criticising Club Doncaster and celebrate the fact that, thanks to modest but heart-felt contributions from some of us Rovers fans, this has clearly gone to the attention of some wealthier members of the football family and Sophie has smashed her target.

Absolutely brilliant.

She will be feeling so pumped up and encouraged by this tonight. Let’s celebrate the positive.

Massive credit to Lineker and Rose.
Well said Pancho.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on October 16, 2021, 09:29:28 am by Campsall rover »

I think that is unlikely Wilts.  Would make himself look a bit stupid if it was him.
Maybe it should read £200 or £2.000 and is a misprint.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on October 16, 2021, 09:35:35 am by Wiltshire Exile »

I think that is unlikely Wilts.  Would make himself look a bit stupid if it was him.
Maybe it should read £200 or £2.000 and is a misprint.

Camps, I was joking, did you miss the emoji?!   :)  Actually, on reading it again the ‘joke’ is not that obvious, I must say!   :coat:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 09:47:56 am by Wiltshire Exile »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on October 16, 2021, 09:52:17 am by Chris Black come back »
A significant number of the donations on that page are fictional. Danny Andrew one of them!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on October 16, 2021, 10:00:09 am by Campsall rover »
A significant number of the donations on that page are fictional. Danny Andrew one of them!
Well what is the point of having the page if people can post false donations.
Makes a total mockery of the whole thing.
Those donations on the page will have to be genuine.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 10:05:31 am by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on October 16, 2021, 10:06:11 am by Campsall rover »
Why and how do you know?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on October 16, 2021, 10:09:16 am by IDM »
The donations - the numbers quoted - will be genuine..

The names can be anything you type.  People can also post a comment without making a donation too.

Names and comments can be faked therefore..

The other day there was one for £2 essentially from “Gavin Baldwin” but now showing as “Anonymous”..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012