Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:02:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Claudia Webbe Labour MP  (Read 1487 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Claudia Webbe Labour MP
« on October 14, 2021, 09:13:46 am by selby »
  Well, what do you think? seams to be a lack of discussion on here, such a nice person.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Claudia Webbe Labour MP
« Reply #1 on October 14, 2021, 09:29:51 am by normal rules »
She threatened to throw acid at her partner's female friend and send naked photos of her to her family. She may go to jail. Position of trust etc.

The fact she is a Labour mp is not relevant of course. Unless you wish to use it as a lever to bash all things Labour. The fact she is an MP is relevant though. Very much so.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 14, 2021, 09:37:49 am by BillyStubbsTears »
She's clearly a nasty piece of work and I hope she gets what is coming to her.

Concerning the title of this thread though, she isn't a Labour MP. She had the party whip removed last year when she was charged over this offence, and has been an Independent MP since.

In any group of people, there are always going to be ones who are moral or criminal offenders. MPs will be no different. The key thing is how they are dealt with when their actions come to light. Labour did precisely the right thing in withdrawing the whip when she was charged. I assume now that she'd been convicted, they will expel her from the Party. Labour have said that she should resign as an MP, having been convicted, but they don't have any authority to force her to do that.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 14, 2021, 09:40:40 am by normal rules »
It’s amazing isn’t it. If I did this I’m out of a job. Simple. And it would tarnish me for any future career. MPs though seem to be above this sort of sanction.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 14, 2021, 09:50:18 am by BillyStubbsTears »
It's a fair point NR. You'd hope that self-respect would require her to resign, but given her defence stance and refusal to accept responsibility, perhaps not.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 14, 2021, 10:50:12 am by SydneyRover »
If she wanted to escape the charges you'd think a plea of insanity would have been better.

California has a recall law.

''Article II of the California Constitution, approved by California voters in 1911, allows people to recall and remove elected officials and justices of the State Supreme Court from office''

But it can be used politically as the republicans recently tried to do, I forget what the issues were about.

https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/recalls

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 14, 2021, 04:32:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
starmer has a phrase  he applies to the government on the lines of  ,,, " i see a pattern developing here"

in jan 2019 ,,,,,   a black female mp was thrown out of the labour party for "allegedly" lying over a parking ticket and got "free porridge" courtesy of her majesty

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 14, 2021, 04:43:25 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
She isn’t a Labour MP anymore.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 14, 2021, 05:00:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
She isn’t a Labour MP anymore.

Hasn't been since she was charged. Fascinating how certain people want to score political points about this.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 14, 2021, 05:05:35 pm by selby »
  And you don't Billy.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 14, 2021, 05:18:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There's nothing to point the finger at at any party over this Selby. She was charged and immediately had the whip suspended. If the Labour party had defender her and kept her as an MP, then YES< there would have been justifiable criticisism to be amde. But it didn't do that.

So I'm not sure what point you and others are making here. Do you expect every organisation to be responsible for the behaviour of every member?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 14, 2021, 05:28:19 pm by selby »
She was elected by Labour party supporters Billy, you own her.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 14, 2021, 05:30:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah whatever. I suppose this sort of drivel is at least better than your usual ignorant racist bilge.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 15, 2021, 06:37:17 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There's nothing to point the finger at at any party over this Selby. She was charged and immediately had the whip suspended. If the Labour party had defender her and kept her as an MP, then YES&lt; there would have been justifiable criticisism to be amde. But it didn't do that.

So I'm not sure what point you and others are making here. Do you expect every organisation to be responsible for the behaviour of every member?

Fully agree, but it is a question mark on Corbyn again isn't it? He's defended her multiple times.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 15, 2021, 07:05:24 am by SydneyRover »
If he defends her now she has been found guilty I'm sure it would be a problem.

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 15, 2021, 09:25:54 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

He defended her in the case as a character witness and publicly prior.  It was controversial that she was "selected" as the candidate in the constituency that she was in the first place.  Very weird that she was allowed to be a councillor in Islington and an MP in Leicester (though she did in the end resign the former after forgetting to declare the income).

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 15, 2021, 09:56:17 am by SydneyRover »

He defended her in the case as a character witness and publicly prior.  It was controversial that she was "selected" as the candidate in the constituency that she was in the first place.  Very weird that she was allowed to be a councillor in Islington and an MP in Leicester (though she did in the end resign the former after forgetting to declare the income).

Sorry pud, I'm not quite across all this, if she admitted guilt before the trial, which I assume she didn't or there would have only been a sentencing hearing. I don't know much about her.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 15, 2021, 11:00:44 am by drfchound »

Sorry pud, I'm not quite across all this, if she admitted guilt before the trial, which I assume she didn't or there would have only been a sentencing hearing. I don't know much about her.

It’s all out there Sydney, just look it up.
Even The Guardian covered the story.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 15, 2021, 11:18:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »

He defended her in the case as a character witness and publicly prior.  It was controversial that she was &quot;selected&quot; as the candidate in the constituency that she was in the first place.  Very weird that she was allowed to be a councillor in Islington and an MP in Leicester (though she did in the end resign the former after forgetting to declare the income).

I agree BFYP that this looks rotten right through. Like you I can't see how she could act as councillor in Islington and MP in Leicester. And if Corbyn vouched for her good standing in court, that emphasises everything about the man's judgement.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 15, 2021, 11:24:41 am by drfchound »

Diane Abbot also gave her a character reference.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 15, 2021, 11:42:34 am by SydneyRover »

He defended her in the case as a character witness and publicly prior.  It was controversial that she was &quot;selected&quot; as the candidate in the constituency that she was in the first place.  Very weird that she was allowed to be a councillor in Islington and an MP in Leicester (though she did in the end resign the former after forgetting to declare the income).

I agree BFYP that this looks rotten right through. Like you I can't see how she could act as councillor in Islington and MP in Leicester. And if Corbyn vouched for her good standing in court, that emphasises everything about the man's judgement.

Help me out here, should the council (not sure they have the powers) have stood her aside until the the court case? I do not condone what she has done, is she guilty if anything else?

Found this, but no further action appears to have been taken.

''In February 2021, Webbe apologised after an investigation by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards found that she had broken the Code of Conduct for MPs by her late registration of remuneration received for her role as a councillor in Islington. The Commissioner also noted the late registration of a payment received from a business.[23] Also in 2021, Webbe stated that "the rich must be abolished," a remark that drew criticism in view of her £81,000 a year MP's salary.[24][25][26]''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudia_Webbe
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 12:06:24 pm by SydneyRover »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 15, 2021, 04:41:18 pm by wilts rover »
All MP's who behave in this manner should be sacked - they are not fit to represent their consituents.

So can someone point me to the thread we had about about proven sex pest Rob Roberts and nothing being done about it  - I can't seem to find it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57834541

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 15, 2021, 05:31:34 pm by selby »
I can point you  to you Billy and a few others spouting about  Mark Francois before the case was dropped though Wilts.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 06:03:20 pm by selby »

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 15, 2021, 06:01:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
All MP's who behave in this manner should be sacked - they are not fit to represent their consituents.

So can someone point me to the thread we had about about proven sex pest Rob Roberts and nothing being done about it  - I can't seem to find it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-57834541

Not sure where it is but it was definitely mentioned. The guy should be allowed nowhere near public office.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 15, 2021, 10:08:27 pm by SydneyRover »

Help me out here, should the council (not sure they have the powers) have stood her aside until the the court case? I do not condone what she has done, is she guilty if anything else?

Found this, but no further action appears to have been taken.

''In February 2021, Webbe apologised after an investigation by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards found that she had broken the Code of Conduct for MPs by her late registration of remuneration received for her role as a councillor in Islington. The Commissioner also noted the late registration of a payment received from a business.[23] Also in 2021, Webbe stated that "the rich must be abolished," a remark that drew criticism in view of her £81,000 a year MP's salary.[24][25][26]''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudia_Webbe

There appears to be no 'previous' that I can find, the councils involved should have stood her aside but didn't no action was taken over her failure to report her 'other' income on the register, so up to the point she was found guilty there isn't reason for her not to be believed except by the other party I guess.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 15, 2021, 10:23:00 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
when Corbyn was Labour leader is this the young "black woman" with longish hair who often sat next to him on his right ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 15, 2021, 10:27:10 pm by SydneyRover »
when Corbyn was Labour leader is this the young "black woman" with longish hair who often sat next to him on his right ?

''Send her down''

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 15, 2021, 10:35:22 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

''Send her down''

please answer the question or "pass"    "yeh" or " neigh"

i thought at the time we had a case of "product placement"

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 15, 2021, 10:38:34 pm by SydneyRover »
pass, as not sure what you're getting at clh

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 15, 2021, 10:50:12 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
pass, as not sure what you're getting at clh

at question time when Corbin was P.M  a woman "matching the above" description would be sat ALWAYS on his right NEXT TO HIM but never ever speak   .......   and it seemed funny at the time   hence the term "product placement"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012