Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:10:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well and truley bullied!  (Read 7572 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Well and truley bullied!
« on October 16, 2021, 05:23:32 pm by Filo »
Along with Wycombe being masters of the dark arts and a shocking ref, we were well beaten

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Well and truley bullied!
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2021, 05:26:08 pm by i_ateallthepies »
The midfield need three men to play around a single opposition player.  We just keep knocking it backward because nobody shows for the ball.  As soon as Galbraith came on he showed the lot of them how to play midfield.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2021, 05:29:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
First half we played some good stuff, but the defending on two crosses was the difference. Second half we didn't have a clue.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 16, 2021, 05:30:57 pm by glosterred »
Didn’t lose to a better footballing team today, we were out muscled and lost to a team that were cute in their time wasting tactics and bullying of the opposition.

COYR

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 16, 2021, 05:36:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Been saying this for ages now. Our defence has been terrible for far too long. Just see how many clean sheets we have kept over the last year. Different players, different managers, same result. They just seem psychologically unable to keep a clean sheet. It’s not even that porous it is just inevitable that the opposition always scores and we then spend rest of game failing to score, against ten men behind ball.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 16, 2021, 05:39:16 pm by since-1969 »
Along with Wycombe being masters of the dark arts and a shocking ref, we were well beaten
We we’re beaten by a “Team” who play as such and have proven system that gets results . We just looked pathetic at the back and toothless in front of goal.

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 16, 2021, 05:40:05 pm by Pside »
I’d rather have Dennis De Souza than Williams

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 16, 2021, 05:43:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Totally and comprehensively mestered today. Apart from that surge by Hiwula with a shot that hit the woodwork, we never seriously looked like being able to step up, once they had scored the two men-against-boys goals.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 16, 2021, 05:45:20 pm by dickos1 »
I thought we played well today
But
Bostock is no good, Galbraith did much more in his short spell,
Cukur had his best game
Close played well
Vilca isn’t strong enough
Anderson has lost the plot
Doodoo was poor
Hiwula did well and was unlucky not to score

Wycombe created nothing other than the two headers which were defended woefully

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 16, 2021, 05:46:01 pm by bpoolrover »
We really miss a decent defensive midfielder, really you would have thought that would have been one of the first signings wellens would have made

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 16, 2021, 05:46:50 pm by StocksArmy »
Ref was appalling today and thats not an excuse. Williams I would carry on my back to Shrewsbury and then id put Knoyle on straight after to Cambridge. We cant keep letting Anderson get away with his form since Fleetwood either. The right winger got by Rowe everytime the ball went over that side too. He is not a full back ffs. Where do we even go from here with a midfield who never win 2nd balls, a back 4 who are soft as sh!t and a strike force who cant hit a barn door. Ive stuck up for Wellens on here but enoughs enough now, theyre his signings and IMO his job should hinge on the next 5 games. I absolutely hate it when our managers past and present bang on about being prepared physically and were bullied into a 0-2 position after 17mins. I can see attendances dithering more and more in the coming weeks because this group is not worth the cash or season ticket sales. What happened to the getting the fans off their seats tripe we got from Wellens?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 16, 2021, 05:52:24 pm by Padge_DRFC »
2 new CBS and a taxi for Smith back to Arsenal. Dodoo got an hour longer than he should have today as well

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 16, 2021, 05:53:12 pm by NickDRFC »
I don’t like making scapegoats but I think that Williams looks like a competition winner, think he’s been absolutely hopeless for us. Ed Williams could probably make a better stab of it. He’s young and may improve but he needs taking out of the firing line for a while for me, hopefully John’s back soon but Oluwu has to start the next game.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 16, 2021, 05:58:13 pm by Chris Black come back »
The defensive unit for much of last season was poor. For all of this season it has been worse. I get the point about resale value and signing younger players but we should have got two war horses in the summer as centre backs. Our spine is absolutely non-existent. Dahlberg got nowhere near two fairly pedestrian headers. Anderson and Williams are sadly powderpuff when it matters. Bostock, Galbraith and Close are all very talented but total lightweights. Neither Thiago or Dodoo can play as the focal point. It’s about as rigid as a damp tissue. Strange really as I would have thought Wellens would instinctively warm to solidity and strength. It’s pretty bad.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 16, 2021, 06:00:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
But
Cukur had his best game
Close played well
Doodoo was poor

I get what you are saying but we only played well where it didn’t matter, aside from a 10 min spell in the first half. As the game went on, we looked less likely to score. They totally managed us out of the game and we had absolutely no answer.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 16, 2021, 06:12:11 pm by The Beast »
Now I’ve stuck up for Wellens and the club from the start but what was that set up about today??? Playing one of the top teams and we play four attacking players, who let’s be honest aren’t too clever. Are they honestly any better than Bogle. Vilca’s like playing a 14 year old kid and Hiwula and Dodoo seem to lack any football intelligence. And the defence FFS, I know heading is frowned upon these days but you can try and get in the way of an opponent.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 16, 2021, 06:13:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Reminded me of us at Roots Hall in early 2004.

First 15 minutes, Leo and McIndoe. Bang, Bang.

Game over. Let them huff and puff, they've got nothing to hurt us.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 16, 2021, 06:16:08 pm by jmt23 »
We were better than them for a large part of the first half, but F.....G SHOOT! FFS :headbang: :facepalm:

We could, and should have won that game but due to not shooting first time, the game fizzled out.
We can try and blame the ref (who was really bad) but if we don't shoot when we are in those positions when are we going too.

Yes we hit the bar, yes Vilca had a clear penalty denied - so there is still some hope, but we have to start shooting.

As a striker my eyes would light up as soon as it came to me, and I had one intention - not to f....ng pass.

Wycombe's tactics are awful with the time wasting they even employed in the first half. Be interesting to see how many minutes of actual football we saw today - and then only 3 minutes of extra time :lol:

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 16, 2021, 06:17:07 pm by Pliskin »
We are hopeless.

Can't do the basics in defence. No clue how to make anything happen in attack.

Yeah we played some nice triangles in the second half once Wycombe had decided that they'd already won the game, letting us have the ball knowing that we'd not do owt with it. And so it proved.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 16, 2021, 06:17:46 pm by drfc1951 »
I thought Akinfenwa held Williams down for 2nd goal should have been a free kick to us.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 16, 2021, 06:18:48 pm by monkeytennis »
Where do we even go from here with a midfield who never win 2nd balls, a back 4 who are soft as sh!t and a strike force who cant hit a barn door.

This all day long. Couldn’t have said it any better. Depressing to watch today.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 16, 2021, 06:20:02 pm by bobbymax »
Aided and abetted by a tool of a referee, we end up being bullied by a one-dimensional team of cloggers who were unbelievably wide open down the flanks. Really, if we are going to gift teams like Wycombe three points, what's the point?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 16, 2021, 06:20:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
You looked at that side in the second half when it really mattered and nobody was driving that forward. At a push, Tommy Rowe. It’s a team of the talented but meek and very mild. We’re getting rolled over as we are powderpuff physically and psychologically. All of this is a mystery as it is the antithesis of the Wellens mindset. He’s somehow managed to recruit and create a team of people who are the exact opposite to him. Bizarre.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 16, 2021, 06:21:40 pm by Filo »
The excuse of key players being injured is not there anymore, we are still shit

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 16, 2021, 06:27:27 pm by since-1969 »
WHO are our key players ??

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 16, 2021, 06:29:34 pm by Chris Black come back »
If the season ended now, the only players you could say had performed to their potential are Rowe, Galbraith and maybe Hiwula. That’s a very bad return.

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 16, 2021, 06:29:56 pm by Pside »

Nail on the head I’m afraid. Said the exact thing to my old man. It seemed like we could use that excuse for a while still hoping things would be ok. I’m not so sure anymore

Ronnie Dovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 16, 2021, 06:30:51 pm by Ronnie Dovers »
Aided and abetted by a tool of a referee, we end up being bullied by a one-dimensional team of cloggers who were unbelievably wide open down the flanks. Really, if we are going to gift teams like Wycombe three points, what's the point?

Wycombe are joint top of the league with a game in hand. Whether you like their style or not, they're clearly extremely effective. Style wise they are all wrong for us and I fully expected us to get bullied and beaten today, as negative as that sounds. We will do much better against the more footballing sides in the league, such as MK Dons

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 16, 2021, 06:32:44 pm by Copps is Magic »
Honest question.

Which players have the potential to improve their performances to the extent that the team improves, and we stay up?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 16, 2021, 06:37:18 pm by Campsall rover »
But
Cukur had his best game
Close played well
Doodoo was poor

Agree with all that except the Anderson has lost the plot line dickos. What he needs is a decent centre back partner.
Williams is poor in the air. Just simply not good enough and Cameron John and Joe Wrght are far better centre backs imo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012