Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:04:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well and truley bullied!  (Read 7564 times)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Well and truley bullied!
« Reply #30 on October 16, 2021, 06:48:09 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
3 months of pre season and I'd be a better option than Williams.

Hope he's banished once CJ is back up & running.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 16, 2021, 06:50:05 pm by rich1471 »
I’d rather have Dennis De Souza than Williams
Williams is one of the worst defenders I have seen in 30 years in a rovers shirt

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 16, 2021, 06:54:19 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Stewart for Wycombe today. Corrr. Head it kick it. He was great.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 16, 2021, 06:57:56 pm by jmt23 »
The forward line will - Taylor Hiwula Dodoo & Fej all had disrupted seasons and still behind.

The defence is poor though, Williams is taking the flack yet he was the better defender of them all today and unlucky with the Akinfenwa goal, it should have been cancelled out due to being held down. His passing was much improved today, it has been shaky previously.

Anderson has been woeful for a long time, and im not convinced by the others either. Tommy is a good player we know that, but I think we all agree he needs to be further up the pitch. Knoyle I am not convinced by at all.

Owulu should be playing - he is a ball playing defender with speed - surely that is what RW wants, him alongside John would be my choice, with Seaman on the right. If we want to play from the back these are better options.

I feel more than robbed today in the fact we could have won, or drawn at the very least. I can just about cope with a poor ref, and teams employing certain tactics - I struggle with our team not shooting when having a clear sight at goal. They have destroyed any confidence the midfield and defenders may have had. Lord knows what RW must be thinking about them. :turd:
]

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on October 16, 2021, 06:58:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
I’m not sure Anderson is going to be what we need. There is no leader at the back.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 16, 2021, 07:04:53 pm by knockers »
When there was a water break in the second half Anderson was stood near the centre circle when he should have been rallying his team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 16, 2021, 07:06:01 pm by dickos1 »
I thought we played well today
But
Bostock is no good, Galbraith did much more in his short spell,
Cukur had his best game
Close played well
Vilca isn’t strong enough
Anderson has lost the plot
Doodoo was poor
Hiwula did well and was unlucky not to score

Wycombe created nothing other than the two headers which were defended woefully
Agree with all that except the Anderson has lost the plot line dickos. What he needs is a decent centre back partner.
Williams is poor in the air. Just simply not good enough and Cameron John and Joe Wrght are far better centre backs imo.

Maybe he does, although I didn’t think Williams was that bad today.
And Anderson can’t blame his partner on his atrocious distribution or getting turned inside kit by anyone who tries it or in fact never winning a header.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 16, 2021, 07:12:11 pm by scawsby steve »
I've got my opinions on today's performance, and where I think we're headed as a club, but I'll wait until Tuesday, because our present position is somewhat mitigated by the fact that we've had a tough set of fixtures up to now.

Tuesday night sees us up against a team 5th from bottom, and potentially a relegation rival. We'll see then how well equipped we are to stay in this league.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 16, 2021, 07:13:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
But
Cukur had his best game
Close played well
Doodoo was poor

Agree with all that except the Anderson has lost the plot line dickos. What he needs is a decent centre back partner.
Williams is poor in the air. Just simply not good enough and Cameron John and Joe Wrght are far better centre backs imo.

Maybe he does, although I didn’t think Williams was that bad today.
And Anderson can’t blame his partner on his atrocious distribution or getting turned inside kit by anyone who tries it or in fact never winning a header.

Agree with this. Williams is not the dominant centre back that we need, but he wasn’t that bad today. As a unit, it is poor. Really poor. It’s at the worst at the back but it’s there throughout the team - there’s no talking, no communication, no energy between the team. They all play like they’ve just met. No leadership and no intensity. Just a load of lads knocking the ball about.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 16, 2021, 07:21:36 pm by Bezza »
Knoyle for me was really poor, but on a positive note Cucker showed a big improvement,

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 16, 2021, 07:23:58 pm by Lesonthewest »
But
Cukur had his best game
Close played well
Doodoo was poor

They didn’t need to create anything after the two goals, second half we were toothless & clueless, an absolute walk in the park for them. Won it at a canter.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 16, 2021, 07:41:57 pm by mushRTID »
Knoyle for me was really poor, but on a positive note Cucker showed a big improvement,

I also though Cukur had his best game for us (that I have seen). Really good he was.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 16, 2021, 07:45:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He did have his best game, but it's a sign of how far out expectations have dropped if we think that was really good. It was a 6/10 performance at best.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 16, 2021, 07:45:40 pm by dickos1 »
They didn’t need to know but neither did Ipswich or Rotherham.
We could’ve easily had 2/3 goals today against one of the favourites for promotion, our improvements have improved from what they were a month or so ago,

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 16, 2021, 07:47:49 pm by dickos1 »
He did have his best game, but it's a sign of how far out expectations have dropped if we think that was really good. It was a 6/10 performance at best.

Once some folk decide they don’t rate a player they can never acknowledge anything positive about him.

He was our best attacking player today, doodoo was very poor, hiwulu looked good in spells

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 16, 2021, 07:50:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hiwula was very impressive in first half and good in much of second half. Not a good match for Dodoo today. Thiago it would be hard to say carried more threat than Hiwula. He’s getting better but nobody seriously thinks he is going to score when he is in the box. At least not yet.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 16, 2021, 07:51:05 pm by Move DRFC »
We have no leaders and about 2 decent players in Rowe (out of position) and Galbraith (not even our player).

We are crap and totally boring to watch. I have a ST but I think I’ll find better things to do on a Saturday afternoon from now on.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 16, 2021, 08:00:10 pm by GazLaz »
I said it in a thread earlier in the week, we were very unlikely to win today. I wouldn’t be judging us too harshly on games like today. Improved performance coming on Tuesday. Another physical team in Gills but a pretty poor one.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 16, 2021, 08:21:07 pm by StocksArmy »
The shouting for Jon Taylor was a particular low point today. A guy i would let kick me full in the face when fully fit never mind coming back from months injured. I get the support for players i do honestly but at no point do i believe this squad are genuinely earning their cash. So for me they deserve all the critisism that comes their way.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 16, 2021, 08:38:00 pm by German Rover »
They were w**k, looked like they'd been beaten before a ball was kicked.

The team has no clue where the next goal is coming from. Surely its time for RW to be a bigger man and get Omar Bogle back into the team?

Couldn't do any harm in my opinion

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 16, 2021, 08:40:47 pm by Canadian Rover »
Bogle is heads and shoulders above any of our other players in centre forward position. He'll never play again for the Rovers though.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 16, 2021, 08:43:16 pm by mushRTID »

Nope, sorry but I thought he was very good.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on October 16, 2021, 08:57:00 pm by StocksArmy »
You lot calling for Bogle are an absolute joke. Dont throw the other strikers at me either. Id rather have an inexperienced Cukur than an effortless Bogle anyday. The fact his name is being spoke about is beyond a joke.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 16, 2021, 08:59:33 pm by Campsall rover »
We have no leaders and about 2 decent players in Rowe (out of position) and Galbraith (not even our player).

We are crap and totally boring to watch. I have a ST but I think I’ll find better things to do on a Saturday afternoon from now on.
If every supporter threw the towel in because their team was at the wrong end of the table then they would be playing in completely empty grounds. It is times like now when our team needs our support most.
I will be there for every home game, to me being a supporter means going to see my team through thick and thin.
We have no divine right to be at the top end of the table season after season.

Your money your spending of course so if you want to vote with your feet by finding something else to do then that’s your choice.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 16, 2021, 09:07:44 pm by Campsall rover »
You lot calling for Bogle are an absolute joke. Dont throw the other strikers at me either. Id rather have an inexperienced Cukur than an effortless Bogle anyday. The fact his name is being spoke about is beyond a joke.
I have to agree with that.  If some had seen that pathetic excuse of a performance by Bogle in the pre season game at Harrogate then they would know that a lack of effort is simply not acceptable and RW is not going to play someone who is not prepared to work hard. Let alone show some semblance of a football brain.
RW was pulling his hair out that afternoon.
He gave him the opportunity after that game and he still showed no semblance of hard work or football ability for League 1 level.  IMO.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 16, 2021, 09:10:20 pm by dickos1 »
Bogle is heads and shoulders above any of our other players in centre forward position. He'll never play again for the Rovers though.

Cukur today provided a performance much better than any Bogle has in his time here

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 16, 2021, 09:35:28 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I know Wycombe are operating a level above us so our season isn’t defined by that but it’s so frustrating that with a international break (which I don’t think does is any favours by the way) we come up against a team who will play one way and we just have no answers for it. Didn’t make it uncomfortable for them at any time.

Seriously need to be setting a date by which if we’re still bottom or in the relegation zone where a change is made. The next few games are so important if we can’t pick up points and show some improvement I can’t see us getting out with the current set up

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 16, 2021, 09:53:03 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Cukur was my man of the match today. It just went so downhill when subs were made

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 16, 2021, 09:58:35 pm by ravenrover »
Thought Close was our best player
Agreed Ref and West stand lino very poor
Only one team tried to play any football and it wasn't Wycombe
As expected we were bullied all around the pitch
People say the defence was poor yet they only had 3 efforts on target
Akinfenwas goal should have been disallowed clear foul
Yes we should have had a pelanty 1st half ....... sorry listening to DM too much on Dee Dah
Time wasting from 1st minute and allowed to get away with it
Thete are signs of improvement but sadly not in and around the box
Tuesday will be a defining moment in our season

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 16, 2021, 10:09:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Once some folk decide they don’t rate a player they can never acknowledge anything positive about him.

He was our best attacking player today, doodoo was very poor, hiwulu looked good in spells

It's possible for a player to be simultaneously
a) our best player and
b) not "very good"

Cukur met both those standards today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012