Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:22:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well and truley bullied!  (Read 7399 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: Well and truley bullied!
« Reply #60 on October 16, 2021, 10:13:51 pm by andysly »
The next three games will see where we are at as a team.
I full expect us to pick up a minimum of 5 points, and hopefully 7.
There are improvements in the team, we weren't that bad this afternoon, with a fair wind we could've been level by half time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 16, 2021, 10:21:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I said it in a thread earlier in the week, we were very unlikely to win today. I wouldn’t be judging us too harshly on games like today. Improved performance coming on Tuesday. Another physical team in Gills but a pretty poor one.

Yep, I'll go with that. Today was almost literally a catch-weight contest. It's hard to know what the difference between the sides was because Wycombe effectively had the game sewn up after 20 minutes and were in game management mode after that.

Tuesday and next Saturday are huge games, more for the performances than the points. We need to show that we can more than match our relegation rivals.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 16, 2021, 10:58:54 pm by acacia94 »
BST I know its a bit early to be going with the stats – you normally jump in around march/april at other end of the table teasing with the bait of a play off place. We're roughly 25% of the way through on 11 games and have got 7 points. By my crap stats maths we need to double our success rate to get just over a point from remaining games to stay up. I know it doesn't really work like that in real life but what's your take on the turnaround needed to give us a chance of avoiding going to Crawley Town 22/23.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 17, 2021, 12:58:30 am by Colin C No.3 »
With all due respect, you can shove stats…..

I fully expect us to beat Gillingham on Tuesday & Cheltenham the following Saturday.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 17, 2021, 01:40:46 am by The Beast »
I know Wycombe are one of the favourites to go up but I just found today’s performance absolutely naive. Professional players not doing things that the 13 year old kids I coach can do without being told. Hiwula gets a start on the centre half in the inside left position, should cut  across him so he’s either clean through or the CB has to foul him, doesn’t even engage him, Dodoo what? Why? Vilca, how is he signed on for a premier league club in this country? Who’s actually seen something in him?
I was genuinely looking forward to the game today and found myself foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog. I’m totally confused, at a loss.

Forgive my lack of knowledge but do relegated clubs to league 1 get any sort of parachute payment? What is Wycombe’s wage bill? Surely it’s a lot more than ours! Our board bail us out, how are they viable on their gates??

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 17, 2021, 02:16:35 am by Bailey Vickerage »
There are improvements in the team, we weren't that bad this afternoon, with a fair wind we could've been level by half time.
also got to think about the teams we have played. We haven’t played anyone yet below 17th. Our next 6 games are massive and all against team who are in and around us. If we’re still where we are after them 6 u can then start to ask questions.

I still have faith that we will turn it around as we were the better side against a team who will be looking to go straight back up just didn’t look like scoring but it’s just a matter of time before we click in the final third imo and this run in could be that turning point.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 17, 2021, 07:42:36 am by andyst79 »
Disappointing to concede so early , but I thought we were unlucky not to get ourselves back in the game with some of our attacking play in the 1st half. Played both Wycombe & Plymouth who sit at the top of the table and been unlucky not to get anything out of both games. Cukur was much improved today put himself about a bit . Our right back and right CB pairing seem to be our weakest link at present. Hopefully we can fair better on Tuesday

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 17, 2021, 07:44:20 am by colincramb »
also got to think about the teams we have played. We haven’t played anyone yet below 17th. Our next 6 games are massive and all against team who are in and around us. If we’re still where we are after them 6 u can then start to ask questions.

I still have faith that we will turn it around as we were the better side against a team who will be looking to go straight back up just didn’t look like scoring but it’s just a matter of time before we click in the final third imo and this run in could be that turning point.

We weren’t really the better side. They allowed us to have the ball (which makes us look better) because they were fully aware we couldn’t break them down. And we didn’t really have a meaningful chance other than a pot shot that hit the angle of post/crossbar.

Forget the stats. All I know is that if we lose on Tuesday and Saturday we are in big, big trouble

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 17, 2021, 07:57:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think that's a bit unfair, first half we could and should have had goals but poor finishing cost us.

Overall though you look at the team and they're largely like young kids and largely young kids lacking flair.  Anderson and Rowe look experienced hood players the rest do look far too young.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 17, 2021, 08:30:35 am by Chris Black come back »

We weren’t really the better side. They allowed us to have the ball (which makes us look better) because they were fully aware we couldn’t break them down. And we didn’t really have a meaningful chance other than a pot shot that hit the angle of post/crossbar.

Forget the stats. All I know is that if we lose on Tuesday and Saturday we are in big, big trouble

This is true. As the game progressed, we became much less threatening. Their back line was far to wise for our lads.

It’s also true that we have played lots of tough sides and many of them away. We are probably deluding ourselves though if we think that playing lower ranked sides will be easier. We struggle to offer any kind of defensive solidity (we concede in over 80pc of our league games), cannot play against or through any side with a solid structure especially in midfield, and cannot finish. You look at Tuesday night and that is basically the Evans playbook.

I don’t know whether we will stay up or go down, but we need some backbone as at the moment we are so weak and anaemic it is embarrassing.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 17, 2021, 08:43:57 am by Campsall rover »
Can someone tell me what Bostock offered yesterday.

Complete waste of time imo. He is a luxury this team can’t afford to have. Galbraith is 3 times the player he is.

What we need is a proper holding midfielder who can break play up which will allow Close and Galbraith to play their natural games.
Our midfield is far too disjointed because they are all trying to cover for each other instead of functioning as a cohesive unit.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 17, 2021, 08:52:01 am by DonnyOsmond »

Complete waste of time imo. He is a luxury this team can’t afford to have. Galbraith is 3 times the player he is.

What we need is a proper holding midfielder who can break play up which will allow Close and Galbraith to play their natural games.
Our midfield is far too disjointed because they are all trying to cover for each other instead of functioning as a cohesive unit.

Confirmation bias.

Bostock offered more than Close yesterday.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 17, 2021, 08:54:43 am by Donnyjim »

We are there already and have been for a while, irrespective of the next two games.

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on October 17, 2021, 08:56:34 am by Crowle Rover »
Its very frustrating watching this team at the moment.
it's similar to a lot of Rovers teams we've seen over the years.
Nice build up play but seem undecided what to do when they get near the box. Hesitating and deciding to pass when a shot might have been the better option.

By the way when the second goal went in a fella sat near me got up and left. "I've seen enough" he muttered.
Can never see the point of leaving THAT early.
We could've won 3-2!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 17, 2021, 08:59:52 am by mushRTID »
There were 2 instances with Anderson in the first half within the space of 5/10 minutes.

He strode forward with the ball, had nothing on in midfield and proceeded to try and play killer passes himself down the left wing, both completely hopeless and out of play with no Rovers player near them.

It does look very much like when the midfield gets sussed out and nullified, they can’t make anything happen. Bostock is a big part of that problem, he can only do the pretty stuff when he’s got time and space.

Added to this problem while we are so shite in defence and up front, this pattern will play out more and more and probably be our ultimate downfall, teams come after us for early goals then just sit back and let us have the ball.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:08:09 am by mushRTID »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 17, 2021, 09:01:04 am by Copps is Magic »
We seem to be saying the same things every week. Player X played slightly better than his usual bad performance. Player Y is slightly better than Player Z, who is average anyway.

Meanwhile teams can literally not break a sweat and beat us and we have the worst goal scoring record outside of the premierleague. If anyone can see where the improvement is going to come from this squad to keep us up, I'd love to know. I don't see it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on October 17, 2021, 09:14:45 am by Campsall rover »

Complete waste of time imo. He is a luxury this team can%u2019t afford to have. Galbraith is 3 times the player he is.

Confirmation bias.

Bostock offered more than Close yesterday.
That is debatable DO 
Agree Ben Close did not have a good game either. But he offers far more to our team week in week out than Bostock does imo.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:24:06 am by Campsall rover »

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on October 17, 2021, 09:26:14 am by The Beast »
Galbraith is our best player by a mile, I understand he can’t play every match but we missed him massively, I’m still not sure about Close and Bostock, having said that I’m less concerned about the midfield than a defence that can’t defend a cross and playing 4 attackers who are lightweight, don’t understand how to get their body’s between the defender and the ball, I know it sounds archaic but we need some proper Misters in the team, too many passengers.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on October 17, 2021, 09:39:23 am by colincramb »
Again, all comes back to our chaotic recruitment strategy. Wycombe surely have a similar budget to us, but have managed to put together a team that will have every chance of getting out of this league. Their style isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, akin to Rotherham’s. But unless you have deep pockets and a group of very good footballers, you cannot play your way out of this league.

Other than MK Dons, we have been physically smaller and outmuscled in every game I’ve seen this season.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on October 17, 2021, 09:43:41 am by i_ateallthepies »
Its very frustrating watching this team at the moment.
it's similar to a lot of Rovers teams we've seen over the years.
Nice build up play but seem undecided what to do when they get near the box. Hesitating and deciding to pass when a shot might have been the better option.

By the way when the second goal went in a fella sat near me got up and left. "I've seen enough" he muttered.
Can never see the point of leaving THAT early.
We could've won 3-2!

He called it right though didn't he.  Knowing the strengths of yesterday's opposition and our current frailties I'd say it didn't need genius to arrive at the conclusion he did.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on October 17, 2021, 09:46:57 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I don’t like making scapegoats but I think that Williams looks like a competition winner, think he’s been absolutely hopeless for us. Ed Williams could probably make a better stab of it. He’s young and may improve but he needs taking out of the firing line for a while for me, hopefully John’s back soon but Oluwu has to start the next game.

Never mind Ed, Kenneth Williams would do better and at least we would see the funny side of it!

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on October 17, 2021, 09:54:52 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Lightweight, unimaginative, directionless. Clumsy, fearful play almost week after week by a group of mainly spirited young lads, but who are just not good enough based on our league position. The table never lies. Watching some of the performances this season, I swear that it’s as if the players haven’t actually spoken to each other during the week. Nobody seems to be playing with heart or pride. Where is this teams Ian Snodin, Alan Little, John Doolan….or Richie Wellens?

I’ve tried to stay optimistic so far this season, that it’ll all click at some point, but I’m now resigned to the fact that we are already in the position of playing ‘6 pointers’ in mid October!!

I don’t blame anyone. Not the players, Board nor the Manager. It’s just the unfortunate set of circumstances since the snake McCann took off to Dull City.

We’ve been here many times before of course. Both Billy Bremner and Sean O’Driscoll struggled at first but with time and the support of a decent board, they were able to pull it round. But it’s going to be very bumpy this season, no doubt about it and if we stave off relegation that should be considered a good result.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:08:13 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on October 17, 2021, 10:01:16 am by Filo »
I was reading on here a few weeks ago about the tough run of fixtures contributing to where we are in the league, at the time it was said we had played most of the top 10, yesterday I think I saw it quoted that we had played most of the top 15, how long does it take before that excuse runs out, most of the top 23? We are shit, most signings have been shit and I do not see one player wearing his heart on his sleeve! It will not be long before we are cast adrift

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on October 17, 2021, 10:37:17 am by StocksArmy »
I just dont understand why we didnt play the game last week whilst the team were on a bit of a buzz and try to gather a bit of momentum. The only real loss would have been Galbraith who missed out yesterday anyway.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on October 17, 2021, 12:21:05 pm by Lesonthewest »
I'm really starting to worry about Wellens ability as a manager, he talks a good game, but the team he puts out & the way we play are a million miles from what says we will do. When & if he makes it to January he needs to sort out the shambles of a defence. He has not improved us defensively from last season at all, in fact we look even worse. We simply have to tighten up at the back against the top sides & make us hard to beat, at the minute we are hopeless defensively, & teams know it. Centre half & left back required in January. I'd give my right arm for a Rob Jones right now.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on October 17, 2021, 12:56:04 pm by bobbymax »
I just dont understand why we didnt play the game last week whilst the team were on a bit of a buzz and try to gather a bit of momentum. The only real loss would have been Galbraith who missed out yesterday anyway.
With Jones in goal and minus Cuker, who was easily our best attacker yesterday. Postponement was the right call.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on October 17, 2021, 01:10:58 pm by The Beast »
I'm really starting to worry about Wellens ability as a manager, he talks a good game, but the team he puts out & the way we play are a million miles from what says we will do. When & if he makes it to January he needs to sort out the shambles of a defence. He has not improved us defensively from last season at all, in fact we look even worse. We simply have to tighten up at the back against the top sides & make us hard to beat, at the minute we are hopeless defensively, & teams know it. Centre half & left back required in January. I'd give my right arm for a Rob Jones right now.
God yeah! a Rob Jones and a Chris Brown, just a couple of proper Misters who don’t get blown off the ball. A bit of organisation would be nice as well so you don’t have say Kyle Knowle marking Anthony Stewart on a corner! Jesus wept, these guys are professional, makes your blood boil!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on October 17, 2021, 01:14:38 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Galbraith is 100% Rovers at the moment F.F.S.

if he had started it would have been a totally different game.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on October 17, 2021, 01:33:47 pm by StocksArmy »

Galbraith is 100% Rovers at the moment F.F.S.

if he had started it would have been a totally different game.

How do you work that out? Does Galbraith make the defenders defend and the strikers take their chances like?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on October 17, 2021, 04:12:21 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Galbraith is bullied and too small and weak in this league he needs 2 big lads in there for what he could do.
At least he offers something with the ball. I really fail to see Wellens obsession with Smith.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012