Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:20:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Great To Be Back Watching Our Clubs  (Read 1453 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Great To Be Back Watching Our Clubs
« on October 16, 2021, 07:36:15 pm by tyke1962 »
..................... Nurse !!!!

Dear Me .

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: Great To Be Back Watching Our Clubs
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2021, 07:46:43 pm by since-1969 »
..................... Nurse !!!!

Dear Me .

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Golf I’m assuming !!

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2021, 10:18:08 pm by DRCraig »
Not yet

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 16, 2021, 11:26:01 pm by Pancho Regan »
See you next season in League 1

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 17, 2021, 12:42:40 am by Colin C No.3 »
Another Yorkshire derby game to go alongside Sheff Weds & that other club from Humberside (East Yorkshire my a**e!).

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 17, 2021, 02:42:01 am by scawsby steve »

You reckon?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 17, 2021, 10:46:03 am by tyke1962 »

You hope .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 17, 2021, 11:00:00 am by tyke1962 »
We didn't see a single ball kicked inside inside stadiums and missed out on one of the great relegation escapes right in to the final minute of the 2019/ 20 season .

We then missed out on the fourth best season in our entire history , 78 championship points including 8 successive wins plus a home FA cup 5th round to Chelsea and personally a home championship play off semi final .

When the season was halted due to the pandemic in March 2020 we had just lost 2-0 at home to Cardiff City on an awful night and were 9 points from safety .

We return and it's even worse both off the field and on it .

You couldn't make this up .

To say I'm pyssed off is an understatement .

I seek solace with Rovers fans who are no doubt equally pyssed off .

I'm proposing a support group called DonBarn Anonymous .

" My name is Tyke1962 and I am a Barnsley fan "

:headbang: : :suicide: :headbang:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 17, 2021, 07:09:21 pm by BobG »
How much longer before the manager is pushed? I imagine it's the same situation as at the KM? One can hardly retain much respect if you sack a guy you appointed barely months ago...

BobG

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 17, 2021, 07:25:58 pm by tyke1962 »
How much longer before the manager is pushed? I imagine it's the same situation as at the KM? One can hardly retain much respect if you sack a guy you appointed barely months ago...

BobG

95% of the time I'm always prepared to give an HC a good go Bob .

I can't defend Schopp .

He inherited a decent championship side from Valerian , not top 6 that was a one off but none the less extremely competitive .

He's destroyed us , he's destroyed us with his tactics , his selections and his substitutions .

He's played players out of position and he's now calling out young lads in the media who are inexperienced and coming off the bench for their mistakes .

He's taken no responsibility for this debacle what so ever .

He's absolutely drained the confidence out of some extremely talented young players .

This guy is not for us and the quicker he goes the better .

Nobody expected a repeat of last season by any means but unless we make the change we are going down .

To go down with such a decent group of players would be criminal .

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 17, 2021, 07:33:25 pm by BobG »
Lol. I wish we had a group of decent players! Well, Barnsley FC's future depends on somebody grasping a nettle pdq then. That solution won't help DRFC though.

BobG

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 17, 2021, 07:52:40 pm by tyke1962 »
Lol. I wish we had a group of decent players! Well, Barnsley FC's future depends on somebody grasping a nettle pdq then. That solution won't help DRFC though.

BobG

I only can go on what I read on here to make some kind of assessment of Rovers Bob .

I've thought for a while you had too much reliance on the young loan strategy .

Have any of these players ever signed for Rovers following their loan spells for instance ?

The thing about league one is that the budget isn't the deal it is in the championship .

As small a club as we are in the championship we've players here we've paid over a million plus for , one of the Belgium's recruited in the summer was just shy of £2m .

I see clubs with extremely modest budgets do very well in league one and are outperforming yourselves .

Blackpool and Lincoln would be two from last season , Wycombe the season before for instance .

The strategy and model is possibly where it's at .

At least from the outside looking in and I might also add Rotherham whilst they can't compete in the championship certainly do very well in league one .

I'd say you were at worst their equals as a size of club if not slightly bigger .

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 18, 2021, 01:03:05 am by hoolahoop »

BobG

I only can go on what I read on here to make some kind of assessment of Rovers Bob .

I've thought for a while you had too much reliance on the young loan strategy .

Have any of these players ever signed for Rovers following their loan spells for instance ?

The thing about league one is that the budget isn't the deal it is in the championship .

As small a club as we are in the championship we've players here we've paid over a million plus for , one of the Belgium's recruited in the summer was just shy of £2m .

I see clubs with extremely modest budgets do very well in league one and are outperforming yourselves .

Blackpool and Lincoln would be two from last season , Wycombe the season before for instance .

The strategy and model is possibly where it's at .

At least from the outside looking in and I might also add Rotherham whilst they can't compete in the championship certainly do very well in league one .

I'd say you were at worst their equals as a size of club if not slightly bigger .

At the moment we would do well to be compared with Scunny but thanks for the compliment

TinyPortal © 2005-2012