Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:47:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Gillingham game  (Read 5201 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Gillingham game
« on October 16, 2021, 09:12:25 pm by selby »
  No doubt old Fatty Evans will look at the comments about us being bullied today, which  aided by an awful official Wycombe played to type and did it to us again.
  Gillingham have and will try again to do exactly the same to us on Tuesday night, think Akinfenwa think Akinde think every trick in the book, think pressure on the referee,think gamesmanship being taken to an extreme as against Wycombe, and you have a typical fatty Evans team.
 Against Sunderland they had by far the less of the ball, but still managed 25 shots at goal, so a shoot on sight policy, and Sunderland were reduced to ten men, so still to type for a fatty Evans team. Thinking about it that is probably more shots than us all this season.
  Are Gillingham as good as Wycombe? probably not, but we are under the pressure of needing to come away from the game with something , a draw or preferably a win, as our form up to press this season has built pressure on ourselves.
   What team will we put out?
   Can we turn form shown today around for the better?
   Will we ever have 25 shots in a game?
   How do you expect the game to pan out?
   Lots to discuss about this game, the managers, the two clubs present plight, and if we can turn it around for the better, please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Gillingham game
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2021, 10:10:04 pm by 5minstogo »
We had 13 shots today!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2021, 10:33:45 pm by selby »
 Its a long way off 25

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 16, 2021, 11:06:02 pm by 5minstogo »
Only one shot less than Rotherham and they scored four goals.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 17, 2021, 12:44:08 am by Colin C No.3 »
Our first 3 points ‘on the road’.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 17, 2021, 02:11:07 am by Bailey Vickerage »
These next 6 games are massive and it’s a must win on Tuesday, win and we’re 1 point behind Gillingham who are currently just above the relegation zone with 2 games in hand, lose and we could be 7 points off safety. It could also be our first points on the road and that be huge going into the run in we have. Need at least 12 points imo from the next 6 and a win would be a good confidence booster.

My team would be:

Dahlberg

Knoyle
Olowu
Anderson
Rowe

Galbraith
Bostock
Close

Dodoo
Cukur
Hiwula

Taylor looked threatening after coming on yesterday but don’t think he will be ready for a start, another 20-30 mins off the bench would be good and then maybe push for a start against Cheltenham.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 17, 2021, 09:18:30 am by eastender »
Our form on the road so far has been woeful , 6 games and not a single point to show for it.
So sorry to be negative , but for me Gillingham away on a Tuesday night has a 2-0 defeat written all over it, i hope they prove me wrong and give it a real go.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 09:27:20 am by eastender »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 17, 2021, 09:19:45 am by sha66y »
All games herein are tough to call, we don’t have anything or anyone great to call upon,
we could win, we might draw, but I fear the worst……

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 17, 2021, 09:28:50 am by Campsall rover »
Our form on the road so far has been woeful so far, 6 games and not a single point to show for it.
So sorry to be negative , but for me Gillingham away on a Tuesday night has a 2-0 defeat written all over it, i hope they prove me wrong and give it a real go.
Based on our record at the Priestfield you are right. But we seriously need to step on the gas on Tuesday and come back with at least a point.
This is a seriously big game even this early in the season. If we lose then we are under huge pressure to win the next 2 home games that follow.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 17, 2021, 09:47:47 am by wilts rover »
We need to play a more defensive formation and aim for a draw (and maybe nick a goal from a set piece). No point hoping for a win when you pretty much know you are going to concede at any time.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 17, 2021, 11:10:29 am by rich1471 »
Let's be honest if we lose Tuesday and Saturday I cannot see wellens lasting much longer as I cannot remember the last time a new manger who did not last till Christmas ,hope he turns it around but I just don't think he his good enough ,hope I wrong , but the next 2 games will be tough and we play to much tippy tappy football with know real hard man in the middle to win the ball back and get us moving forward with pace

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 17, 2021, 01:07:47 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
every time i see that massive stand behind the goal i feel cold despite never being there - open to the elements to say the least

just checked Gillinghams goals scored according to the bbc

out of a total of 16 games
they have failed to score 4 times ----  scored once 9 times and twice 3 times

for october they have scored 1 goal in 4 matches -- the penalty yesterday

september out of 6 games   scored once 5 times and scored two goals once --  so scored in every match

august
  out of 6 games  scored 0 once .... scored once 3 times and scored twice 3 times

so they are having a goaldroughtfest as opposed to Rovers Octoberfest

the fact that Rovers could take the lead away against both Wigan & Plymouth ( who are currently defying the doubters CLH included) cannot be forgotten - so ...  win please me thinx  :scarf:

Old man Akinde was on the bench yesterday along with Sithole (the player not the ground)  he must have had a great time at school . A close call which is the better name his or Virtue-Thick

At least the other "pudding"  will be on the touchline managing as opposed to playing this time

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 17, 2021, 06:14:17 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Going to this one for some strange reason. Driving. Easy job and parking as well?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 17, 2021, 07:30:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
If you were to pick a game that this side wouldn’t win, it would be a Tuesday evening away to a Gillingham side managed by Steve Evans.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 17, 2021, 07:36:49 pm by BobG »
Yes. My first reaction on seeing the title of this thread was 'I'd rather not!'

BobG

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 18, 2021, 09:05:20 am by selby »
  Must have been one of the brief moments you had nothing to say Bob.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 18, 2021, 10:36:02 am by DRCraig »
Think we will win this one. We have to.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 18, 2021, 10:54:52 am by jamesrover17 »
To quote a clichéd footballing term... It's a 6 pointer for sure

Loose and we are 7 points a drift

I would think these next 3 games could steer us away from the bottom 4... 7 points from 9 would be the minimum

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 18, 2021, 11:12:16 am by acacia94 »
Its lovely to be optimistic but not sure where its coming from. Its always been a really tough away game and against any Bunter Evans side will be like a car park scrap.
They're pretty much as bad as us at the mo but they've scored twice as many goals. A draw at Preistfield has always been a decent result.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 18, 2021, 11:29:02 am by 5minstogo »
Its lovely to be optimistic but not sure where its coming from. Its always been a really tough away game and against any Bunter Evans side will be like a car park scrap.
They're pretty much as bad as us at the mo but they've scored twice as many goals. A draw at Preistfield has always been a decent result.

I agree. I didnt fancy us against Wycombe and I don't expect to get much if anything out of Gillingham tomorrow. Its a long trip and a horrible stereotypical Evans side to play against. I don't think we have the type of players who will go toe to toe with physicality. We stand a better chance beating a footballing team.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 18, 2021, 12:14:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It would have been interesting to see Wellens' reaction to the fat controller's antics tomorrow night. Maybe it's a good job he's got a touchline ban, he might have t**tted him!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 18, 2021, 01:05:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
We’ve got a terrible record there. In our last 20 visits to Priestfield I think we’ve only won twice. Hard to see a win tomorrow night.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 18, 2021, 01:12:56 pm by acacia94 »
I know Chris I'm just not seeing this optimism! Its always been bad down there and just because they're not great at the mo – we're bloody awful!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 18, 2021, 02:04:12 pm by Chris Black come back »
Their home record in the league this season isn’t great, but it is fairly respectable. They’ve only lost to Sunderland, Wigan and MK Dons.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 18, 2021, 02:09:25 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Liam hoden just said on Twitter that Taylor is a doubt due to his ankle swelling up after the game on Saturday.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 18, 2021, 02:37:38 pm by Campsall rover »
It would have been interesting to see Wellens' reaction to the fat controller's antics tomorrow night. Maybe it's a good job he's got a touchline ban, he might have t**tted him!
Was saying the same the other day BB. Blessing in disguise that one. I seriously think RW would have lost it completely watching and listening to Fatty Evans antics on the touch line.
There would have been a proper scrap i reckon.
Think RW would be too quick for him and it would have been a straight knock out. No way would it go the distance.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 18, 2021, 04:45:27 pm by TheFunk »
We are struggling for players yet again. Taylor most likely out for tomorrow and on Saturday both Seaman and Gardner were wearing protective boots so God knows how long they are out for. Seaman said his injury is a fracture in his foot.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 18, 2021, 05:28:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
Yes back to two GKs and 15 outfield players look like being fit for tomorrow night.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 19, 2021, 09:21:33 am by ForsolongaRover »
There seems quite a flare up recently in the movement amongst some Gills fans to get rid of the Chairman. Disturbances in one of the bars on Saturday and a plane flying overhead with a banner “Time for change Scally out”, so pretty serious stuff.

This may not be entirely helpful to their players or their support, such as it is.

Anyone travelling to the match by car needs to get there in good time because the area around the ground offers no street parking. I usually park on the road going in at Great Lines Park which keeps you away from the maze of streets with terrace houses further on. It is then a 20/25 minute walk, but you have no traffic problems at either end. Getting to Gillingham is straightforward enough once you are over the bridge at Dartford.

rtidfco

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 19, 2021, 10:00:12 am by rtidfco »
Chris Black. Only won twice at Gillingham and was at both of them as I only live 3 miles away. Hoping for a third tonight then!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012