Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:25:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scale of the problem  (Read 5260 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Scale of the problem
« Reply #60 on October 21, 2021, 10:08:47 am by Filo »
A fair few of the injuries seem to happen in training, is the training too intense? Could this also explain why we fade away as the game progresses

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 21, 2021, 12:09:09 pm by DRNaith »
A fair few of the injuries seem to happen in training, is the training too intense? Could this also explain why we fade away as the game progresses

I wonder when we will begin to see the benefit of Paul Green's input. Not a dig at all, I'm just aware that with health and fitness things don't change immediately

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on October 21, 2021, 03:54:49 pm by Plumbster »
We all know the budget wasn’t ideal but we can still assess how it has been spent, what positions were prioritised and the quality and attitude of the recruits v those we have released.  It’s a judgement call but I am in the camp that we have not spent the budget wisely which would make me worry about trusting RW in the next window. If RW can turn it round in the next few weeks I would be delighted but if we are still in the same place by the end of November the board have a very big decision to make.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 21, 2021, 04:15:31 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It's a big ask but despite the scarey OP stats, we're a couple of wins from being  thereabouts out of the relegation zone. It is possible but something needs to spark to switch us from the losing mentality. The manager is responsible for this.

At the start of the season we seemed disconnected, and that hasn't much changed. Yes we had little up front but it's more than that or at least it's become more than that. I don't see a passion, I don't see much of a team spirit, we seem lightweight, vulnerable.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 21, 2021, 09:44:56 pm by tommy toes »
I was at Nuffield this morning for a swim.

Greeny was in there with all the first team squad doing runs up and down the pool.

Hope it helped.

Spoke to big Tom in the changing room. He's confident of a win on Saturday. Hope he's right.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on October 21, 2021, 11:08:31 pm by since-1969 »
34 matches left. To hit 50 points, we need form something like:

W12 D7 L15.

It's not going to happen is it? Not on that second half capitulation? Out worked and out wanted by a very, very poor side.
Don’t you think part of the problem will be  self evident on Saturday as an astute Manager Michael Duff has taken advantage of Gavin Baldwin’s ignorance of the need in retaining experience players on the books , we kept Copps for 16 years when over 250 players left, Williams Blair and May all productive players now producing for Cheltenham, what’s the odds that one of those ex players don’t have the last laugh !!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 22, 2021, 01:44:28 am by Janso »
I was at Nuffield this morning for a swim.

Greeny was in there with all the first team squad doing runs up and down the pool.

Hope it helped.

Spoke to big Tom in the changing room. He's confident of a win on Saturday. Hope he's right.

To be honest he's hardly gonna say "yeah we're shit, probs gonna get tonked lol" is he?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 22, 2021, 08:00:59 am by vaya »

Spoke to big Tom in the changing room.

Well, I suppose we know now why they call him 'big'.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on October 22, 2021, 08:12:52 am by Filo »

W12 D7 L15.

It's not going to happen is it? Not on that second half capitulation? Out worked and out wanted by a very, very poor side.
Don’t you think part of the problem will be  self evident on Saturday as an astute Manager Michael Duff has taken advantage of Gavin Baldwin’s ignorance of the need in retaining experience players on the books , we kept Copps for 16 years when over 250 players left, Williams Blair and May all productive players now producing for Cheltenham, what’s the odds that one of those ex players don’t have the last laugh !!

Anyone care to decipher this jumble of words?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 22, 2021, 09:48:36 am by Janso »

W12 D7 L15.

I think he's saying we should keep every player we ever sign forever just in case.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 22, 2021, 10:41:36 am by keyser_soze »

W12 D7 L15.

I think he's saying we should keep every player we ever sign forever just in case.

Well it might have stopped Akinfenwa scoring against us last week if we'd kept him all those years ago.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 22, 2021, 01:55:12 pm by Filo »

W12 D7 L15.

Genius!

Why has no one else thought of the revolutionary idea :)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 22, 2021, 03:25:43 pm by BobG »
The grey beards will remember that Ted Bates tried exactly that at Southampton many years ago. Didn't come to much. He got the sack!

BobG

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on October 22, 2021, 06:22:03 pm by Draytonian III »
We will have a bigger budget then potentially Plymouth, Burton, Accrington, Cheltenham, Wimbledon, Cambridge, Morecambe, Gillingham, Shrewsbury and Crewe.

Bigger than Plymouth and Wimbledon, Plymouth are a very big club in this league with a big fan base, Wimbledon have moved “ back home” so will be attracting bigger crowds than previously

TinyPortal © 2005-2012