Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:49:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The problem is this.  (Read 5392 times)

donnyallday

• Forum Member
The problem is this.
« on October 19, 2021, 10:58:02 pm by donnyallday »
We have six contracted players in my opinion who are capable league 1 players

Cam John
Jon Taylor
Fejiri
Anderson
Tommy Rowe
Bostock

The rest of contracted players are simply not good enough.

The loans make the rest up that will leave and the cylce of rebuild starts again.

Lack of ambition and finance will get us nowhere, we desperately need investment from somewhere.

We appoint managers who come and go  because they see us as a stepping stone or want ambition more than this club. The club needs to work harder in bringing some party in to progress.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: The problem is this.
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2021, 10:59:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
So much disrespect of Jordy Hiwula.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 19, 2021, 11:00:42 pm by bpoolrover »

Cam John
Jon Taylor
Fejiri
Anderson
Tommy Rowe
Bostock

The loans make the rest up that will leave and the cylce of rebuild starts again.

Lack of ambition and finance will get us nowhere, we desperately need investment from somewhere.

We appoint managers who come and go  because they see us as a stepping stone or want ambition more than this club. The club needs to work harder in bringing some party in to progress.
I think close would be better if he had a decent forward that made runs to pass to

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 19, 2021, 11:04:00 pm by Donny Exile in York »

Cam John
Jon Taylor
Fejiri
Anderson
Tommy Rowe
Bostock

Careful your borderline blasphemy on here with thst sort of talk...

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 19, 2021, 11:11:44 pm by danumdon »
The problem is RW needs a proper clear the air with his squad of players, there is a nucleus of a team in there that needs to be brought out of this crew, he needs a sea change to take place, now because by the end next week its going to be too late. two games to save our season.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 19, 2021, 11:21:49 pm by mpc123 »
What is the obsession with bostock, side to side, slow, gets caught.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 19, 2021, 11:23:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
More chance of finding river in the desert than tackle in our team. No bite. No threat. No challenge.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 20, 2021, 01:31:32 am by Bailey Vickerage »
So much disrespect of Jordy Hiwula.
Why?

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 20, 2021, 01:33:26 am by Bailey Vickerage »
Obviously didn’t watch the game everything we did well in the first half came from him finding a pass that only a handful of players in this league could.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 20, 2021, 02:04:16 am by bpoolrover »
Again with bostock with a decent defensive midfielder he would be far more effective

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 20, 2021, 02:12:47 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We have good players what we don’t have are players taking responsibility for being the player who changes losses into draws and draws into wins.
We need two experienced players in the spine of the team. The ability is in there it just needs bringing out.
That Wellens job, how he has gone about it so far hasn’t worked so he needs to improve as well.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 20, 2021, 04:27:28 am by mpc123 »
Obviously didn’t watch the game everything we did well in the first half came from him finding a pass that only a handful of players in this league could.
Watched the game on ifollow.
It's easy though they gave him loads of space, easily nullified in the 2nd half.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2021, 07:30:19 am by mushRTID »
It's easy though they gave him loads of space, easily nullified in the 2nd half.

It seems this has happened again then.
Runs the game when he has time and space, opposition stop him and it’s game over for us as he can’t change his game to react and we’ve nobody else who step up.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 03:01:21 pm by mushRTID »

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 20, 2021, 08:17:24 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Again with bostock with a decent defensive midfielder he would be far more effective

I'd like to see Bostock take the game by the scruff of the neck and add some impetus. He seems to take an easy pass, and the fact he (and Close) let Dodoo take the free kick in the last few minutes shows a lack of leadership/game management.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 20, 2021, 08:35:37 am by donnievic »

I'd like to see Bostock take the game by the scruff of the neck and add some impetus. He seems to take an easy pass, and the fact he (and Close) let Dodoo take the free kick in the last few minutes shows a lack of leadership/game management.
free kick you say lol,must be one of the worst I have seen

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 20, 2021, 08:55:51 am by Filo »

That free kick!

Stevie Wonder would have got closer to the target!

10 yards wide is criminal from one of our supposed strikers

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 20, 2021, 09:08:06 am by Padge_DRFC »
How long are we stuck with Dodoo? On par with Bingham and Thomas.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 20, 2021, 09:08:35 am by DonnyOsmond »
Bostock can't win with some people. :laugh:

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 20, 2021, 01:37:24 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
he wasn’t nullified, when he had the ball he was just as good moving the ball quick even when pressed, the problem was that he didn’t receive the ball as much in the second half so couldn’t dictate the game as much.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 20, 2021, 02:32:02 pm by Upton Rover »
The problem is we got a shit manager and as soon as people on here realise the better

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 20, 2021, 02:52:24 pm by sha66y »
The problem is we got a shit manager and as soon as people on here realise the better

It’s a marathon not a sprint, I’d bail out now if I was you, because you won’t get your way and might become dispirited !

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 20, 2021, 03:41:22 pm by Michael Shaw »
Upton, I agree. I don't think for one second we would be where we are if we still had Ferguson, McCann or Moore. It's down to the manager, and Wellens doesn't have a clue.

Sha66y, yes I am dispirited and see no sense in supporting the current team. We all sat with enthusiasm, faith and trust in the club when we were told of the 5 year plan, and look where we are, not in the Championship but heading for League Two and no-one in the club can or will stop it happening.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 20, 2021, 03:53:09 pm by ditch_drfc »

Cam John
Jon Taylor
Fejiri
Anderson
Tommy Rowe
Bostock

Anderson looks completely out of his depth and very slow. Looks anything but capable this season.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 20, 2021, 04:08:53 pm by Move DRFC »
I honestly think Bingham and Thomas were probably better than Dodoo.

How on earth as a football club have we recruited Kwame Thomas, Rakish Bingham, Omar Bogle, Joe Dodoo, Barlow and Cukur as our front men over the past year or so. It's utter complete incompetence from everyone involved.

We've gone from Marquis and Sharp to this crock. I'm afraid you ask for relegation with recruitment like that. No wonder we couldn't hit a barn door with a machete.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 20, 2021, 04:09:36 pm by The Beast »
Upton, I agree. I don't think for one second we would be where we are if we still had Ferguson, McCann or Moore. It's down to the manager, and Wellens doesn't have a clue.

Sha66y, yes I am dispirited and see no sense in supporting the current team. We all sat with enthusiasm, faith and trust in the club when we were told of the 5 year plan, and look where we are, not in the Championship but heading for League Two and no-one in the club can or will stop it happening.
So because we are struggling you see no point in supporting the team? And there in a nutshell lies the problem, we have the team that the fan base more or less deserves, I think a lot of people on here expect us to be competing with Sunderland and Ipswich but how can we when we get 5/6000 ???  And then we lose a few games and people say they’re not going.
Yes there are teams above us who get smaller crowds and yes the situation we are in is worrying but what happened to supporting a team through thick and thin?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 20, 2021, 04:23:10 pm by Michael Shaw »
I don't consider losing 9 out of 12 games "lose a few games". I can guarantee attendances will only fall if we continue down the current path. You might not like it, Beast, but it is a fact that many of us will walk away until we see a major change.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 20, 2021, 04:32:56 pm by Chris the Rover »
Sod off then!

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 20, 2021, 04:40:28 pm by roverstillidie91 »
I don't consider losing 9 out of 12 games "lose a few games". I can guarantee attendances will only fall if we continue down the current path. You might not like it, Beast, but it is a fact that many of us will walk away until we see a major change.
fans walk away means a lower budget for players

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 20, 2021, 04:41:11 pm by Michael Shaw »
That's a really constructive comment, Chris, and is why so many of us are walking away.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 20, 2021, 04:43:04 pm by roverstillidie91 »
That's a really constructive comment, Chris, and is why so many of us are walking away.
fans stay during the bad as well as the good we can't have it the way we want all the time

TinyPortal © 2005-2012