Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:17:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If the manager was to leave….  (Read 6023 times)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Re: If the manager was to leave….
« Reply #90 on November 03, 2021, 09:57:14 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Consolidation and Relegation are two different things entirely.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on November 03, 2021, 10:27:32 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
We all knew the plan this season was to build a squad over two windows to consolidate this season and then next season we would have a more competitive budget to push on.
We all knew this, we were all happy with this but now it’s being played out everyone is crying about it

Do you know what consolidate means?

I think he is fully aware of what consolidate means.  You can't pick your league position during the season but the end game is to maintain your league status and hope you are better at the end of the season than when you started it.

Finishing mid table could mean at some point you've flirted with the play offs or at some point flirted with relegation.

Last season we ended up mid table and this season we could easily achieve the same but it will be the polar opposite way of consolidating our league one status.

We crave the stability of a manager who's prepared to build in the longer term but those expecting instant success from Wellens have very selective memories about our historical  performance in the league pyramid and hopefully, will come to realise that this is a blip compared to the real hardship we've suffered in the past. Judging Wellens on just 16 games is unfair.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on November 03, 2021, 10:47:31 am by Colin C No.3 »
I think most thought mid table from memory not relegation.

You keep pointing out that our aliments are known but Wellens had only 7 players on the books. A great position for a new manager to make a team his own and correct any ailments. He's not done that. Does that mean we just see the season out and try again next year with no consequence? He won't be able to make as many additions to the squad next summer because he's given decent contracts out.

We're not showing any fight as a club that's the issue we could buy into a scrapping for relegation team that battles but we signed a bunch of technical players as if we were going to be top of the league bossing every game. We're not at the bottom because it's predetermined and there's nothing the manager can do about it. Please understand this.

It’s only a great position if the funds are sufficient to bring in real quality…..
Clearly ( and this is quite obvious) there wasn’t!
Covid and a lack of gate money must have impacted on monies available,
Actual players available during preseason would have determined how thin the budget would need to be spread to get the right amount,
hence we ended up with a few “ Blue stripers”

I’m sure Richie assumed the existing players (7) would be a lot better than they have proven to be, the likes of Anderson a perfect example, he should have been commanding the back line and leading by example , but he appears to be part of the defensive problem!

Richie must be absolutely dumbfounded with the sick, lame and lazy that he adopted and the players he brought in to compliment them now look just as lost!

When the rumblings coming out of the dressing room are for change then I’ll agree that Richie has done all that he can, but until that time ( regardless of results) he will have my total support, and I won’t ever call for a managers head especially when I understand the issues we have….

Get in your hot tub & put your Gary Glitter compilation (on vinyl) on before you have a heart attack Squadron Leader.

Sorry, forgot a few………..& the good old………lol!

Bit early for the red old lad!
I’m assuming your not actually knocking the post, just rattling ya little tin sabre,
I see you have jumped ship regarding the positivities?
When the going gets tough ….the ………

‘Onward, onward rode the 600….’

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on November 03, 2021, 11:39:50 am by since-1969 »
….one way or the other, who do people want to replace him ? Remember we don’t usually poach managers from other clubs and Copps doesn’t want it
I think you lost the plot . We haven’t got a manager that’s the f***ing point !!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012