Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:18:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Richies post match Gills interview  (Read 2281 times)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Richies post match Gills interview
« on October 19, 2021, 10:59:21 pm by Lincoln Rover »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09z4m0f

There you go courtesy of Radio Sheffield

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

acacia94

• VSC Member
Re: Richies post match Gills interview
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2021, 11:17:04 pm by acacia94 »
Jeez – this is delusional stuff. Gillingham were rubbish but they imposed themselves second half and won the game. We didn't. First half we had some glimmers but only that. Final third was utter dogshit all night.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 20, 2021, 07:14:32 am by Filo »
He’s just basing his views on the first 45 minutes, excuse after excuse, Gillingham were crap but they had some fight, something our players don’t have

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 20, 2021, 07:39:10 am by mushRTID »
Really don’t want to stick the boot him, he will be devastated how this is going.

But he’s very good at coming on and telling us what’s happened in the game and where we’ve gone wrong. That’s fine Richie, but any chance we can actually do something ourselves in the games and you talk about that?

Also, saying our last two performances have been good is just a lie to make things sound better. We were never in the Wycombe game, men against boys.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 20, 2021, 07:57:35 am by acacia94 »
'But he’s very good at coming on and telling us what’s happened in the game and where we’ve gone wrong.'

That match summarises job that Mickey Walker very often inhabits would be perfect for Richie...

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 20, 2021, 08:10:45 am by RugbyRover »
It's a smart interview.

A manager's job is to give confidence to the players. He knows that they will be feeling down and he needs to get them ready for the next game. He's trying to "put an arm around them". He's staying positive. Well done Ritchie.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 20, 2021, 08:29:17 am by mpc123 »
It's a smart interview.

A manager's job is to give confidence to the players. He knows that they will be feeling down and he needs to get them ready for the next game. He's trying to "put an arm around them". He's staying positive. Well done Ritchie.

Beat me too it. He won't be happy with that 2nd half but the players will be on their knees in confidence externally keep behind them but internally they will run through it and talk about the problems and what is not good enough

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 20, 2021, 09:11:44 am by Campsall rover »
A very honest interview and i saw the game exactly as he said it.

Goals win matches. We are creating chances and not scoring. End of.
That is the difference between winning and drawing or losing football matches.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 11:52:54 am by Campsall rover »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 20, 2021, 09:51:10 am by EasyforDennis »

That is the difference between winning and drawing of losing football matches.

Sorry but I can't agree with you Camps.
How many goal scoring opportunities did we create last night?
Looking at the half time stats we had 2 successful crosses from 9 attempts. I don't know what the final figure was as I had switched off by then

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 20, 2021, 10:18:09 am by donnievic »
Surprised nothing been said about their goal being offside since he mentioned Rowe incident at other end

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 20, 2021, 10:19:55 am by Monkcaster_Rover »

Looking at the half time stats we had 2 successful crosses from 9 attempts. I don't know what the final figure was as I had switched off by then

3 decent chances in the first half.

Knoyle after 4 minutes
Hiwula (I think) after Cukur did well and Hiwula rounded the keeper but put it over from a difficult angle
Dodoo just missed Tommy's flick on at the back post

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 20, 2021, 10:28:00 am by GazLaz »

I agree. He knows we are short in certain areas but we are improving slowly.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2021, 11:54:50 am by Campsall rover »

Knoyle after 4 minutes
Hiwula (I think) after Cukur did well and Hiwula rounded the keeper but put it over from a difficult angle
How many chances did Gillingham create? Good ones not many.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 20, 2021, 11:58:58 am by mrfrostsdad »
It's a smart interview.

Beat me too it. He won't be happy with that 2nd half but the players will be on their knees in confidence externally keep behind them but internally they will run through it and talk about the problems and what is not good enough

If he's going to talk about the problems and what's not good enough, it'll be a bloody long conversation

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 20, 2021, 12:04:27 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Knoyle after 4 minutes

The best they had came from our mishap as well when Roshaun played a hospital ball across the 18 yard box. To his credit he made a couple of good blocks in the attack that followed.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 20, 2021, 12:15:39 pm by Filo »

Knoyle after 4 minutes

Enough to win the game!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 20, 2021, 02:57:25 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I'll give Ritchie the next two games to get 6 points or he'll lose my support and i'll actively be calling for his sacking. Enough is enough. He's clueless and lies to us. I'm still waiting for the blood and guts high tempo thunderous blitzing of teams from the kick off that he promised us pre-Morecambe.

If we get 4 points from the next two games but see massively improved performances and actual chances being created frequently, then i'll give him the benefit of the doubt but i want to see some fight from these pathetic lightweight losers in Red and white.

Honestly, some of the displays this season have been embarrassing.

Dodoo is atrocious. Make no bones about it. Wellens has given Dodoo a 2 year deal though.

No other club in the EFL has given him a 2 year deal. He's already a journeyman. He's not spent longer than a year at any club since beginning his career at Leicester in 2013. Maybe his goals to game ratio which is about 1 in 5/6 is the reason.

He hasn't yet scored a league goal for us in about 6 games or so therefore he's due one on Saturday. His free kick yesterday near the end was embarrassing and so was his effort on goal when perfectly teed up by Cukur last night.

This bloke is on a 2 year deal FFS!!

Wellens has signed some absolute crap and Wellens still seems to think that an assortment of diminutive midfielders who pass the ball around nicely but don't score or create for others nor provide protection for the defenders, who can't defend at the best of times, is the way to get out of a relegation scrap.

Galbraith is quality and with the right players around him would be a real asset. At least his addition has offset the fact that Wellens brought in Matt Smith who is f**king useless.

Sort this shit out in the next few games Ritchie and start getting the players to respect the paying supporters by actually creating some chances and attacking for longer than a 5 minute spell in games or sod off.

Roll on Saturday.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 20, 2021, 03:06:31 pm by sha66y »
I'll give Ritchie the next two games to get 6 points or he'll lose my support and i'll actively be calling for his sacking. Enough is enough. He's clueless and lies to us. I'm still waiting for the blood and guts high tempo thunderous blitzing of teams from the kick off that he promised us pre-Morecambe.

If we get 4 points from the next two games but see massively improved performances and actual chances being created frequently, then i'll give him the benefit of the doubt but i want to see some fight from these pathetic lightweight losers in Red and white.

Dodoo is atrocious. Make no bones about it. Wellens has given Dodoo a 2 year deal though.

No other club in the EFL has given him a 2 year deal. He's already a journeyman. He's not spent longer than a year at any club since beginning his career at Leicester in 2013. Maybe his goals to game ratio which is about 1 in 5/6 is the reason.

He hasn't yet scored a league goal for us in about 6 games or so therefore he's due one on Saturday. His free kick yesterday near the end was embarrassing and so was his effort on goal when perfectly teed up by Cukur last night.

Wellens has signed some absolute crap and Wellens still seems to think that an assortment of diminutive midfielders who pass the ball around nicely but don't score or create for others nor provide protection for the defenders, who can't defend at the best of times, is the way to get out of a relegation scrap.

Galbraith is quality and with the right players around him would be a real asset. At least his addition has offset the fact that Wellens brought in Matt Smith who is f**king useless.

Sort this shit out in the next few games Ritchie and start getting the players to respect the paying supporters by actually creating some chances and attacking for longer than a 5 minute spell in games or sod off.

Roll on Saturday.

I feel you are in for a very very very long season of disenchantment…..try and think positive!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 20, 2021, 03:35:38 pm by vaya »

Roll on Saturday.

You're on a bit of a sticky wicket there accusing other people of lying.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 20, 2021, 04:41:47 pm by roverstillidie91 »

Roll on Saturday.
would anyone want the job though?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 20, 2021, 06:22:56 pm by ravenrover »

Roll on Saturday.
Seem to remeber a comment from you along the lines of I'm done with this forum, didn't last long

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 20, 2021, 07:58:39 pm by scawsby steve »

That is the difference between winning and drawing or losing football matches.

You've not mentioned our defence.

What do you think of it?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 20, 2021, 10:08:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s cack, is the answer. Cannot keep a clean sheet so pressure immediately on forward players to score at least a goal. Suffice to say they aren’t responding well to that pressure.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 20, 2021, 10:15:46 pm by DRCraig »
He does well in his interviews. Not that a manager should be judged on them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012