Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:24:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 16%  (Read 3236 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
16%
« on October 19, 2021, 11:06:46 pm by scawsby steve »
A quarter of the season gone and RW's win ratio is around 16%. That's atrocious.

If we lose the next 2 games, his position will be untenable. Blunt and Baldwin would embarrass themselves if they still kept him in charge.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
Re: 16%
« Reply #1 on October 19, 2021, 11:14:51 pm by no eyed deer »
A quarter of the season gone and RW's win ratio is around 16%. That's atrocious.

If we lose the next 2 games, his position will be untenable. Blunt and Baldwin would embarrass themselves if they still kept him in charge.

Rather see  Richie_Wellens here.

The blame is not at his door.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 19, 2021, 11:17:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
No side has lost more games or has a worst goal difference in League One. We are literally a bunch of losers.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 19, 2021, 11:58:24 pm by bpoolrover »
The problem is I can't see it getting any better, we have very little money in the next window to change anything, we're at least 3 good players short and good players cost money

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 20, 2021, 01:13:54 am by scawsby steve »

Really? I could have sworn this bunch of losers, apart from Bostock and Anderson, were all signed by him.

So who's door are you laying the blame at?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 20, 2021, 08:24:25 am by normal rules »
I must say, accruing another 43 points from 34 games is looking a very tall order. 1.26 points per game in fact. We are currently on 0.66 points per game. That’s a huge swing needed.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 20, 2021, 08:45:18 am by Campsall rover »
Where were Oxford after 12 games last season?

I think some are over reacting. Look it is not good is it but let us see where we are after the next 4 games.
RW has not had the luxury of starting his strongest team yet

The only game we were outplayed was at Ipswich. There are several games we could have won this season it is not as if we are not competing with other teams.

Our problem is scoring goals and we simply do not have a goal scorer at League One Level 

But we should give Richie more time to turn it round.
Bringing in a new manager now is unlikely to have much impact if any.
No meaningful signings until January can be made.

Anyway who the heck would we appoint? Who is available that would be significantly better.

No we stick not twist at this juncture imo.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:12:24 am by Campsall rover »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 20, 2021, 11:27:00 am by Metalmicky »
Have to agree with you Campsall.  Even if we did elect to change things the protracted style of the DRFC Board means that no one would be in place until shortly before Christmas anyway.  I think that RW has several excuses TBH - starting with our major injury list and inability to put any consistent team out.  Ipswich aside, I don't think we've been dominated by anyone and with a goal-scorer in the team we could have had double our current points tally. 

Even if we don't win another game in October/November, I can't see the Board changing anything until at least the end of January when RW has had an opportunity to change things in the next transfer window. 

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 20, 2021, 02:42:53 pm by bpoolrover »
Have to agree with you Campsall.  Even if we did elect to change things the protracted style of the DRFC Board means that no one would be in place until shortly before Christmas anyway.  I think that RW has several excuses TBH - starting with our major injury list and inability to put any consistent team out.  Ipswich aside, I don't think we've been dominated by anyone and with a goal-scorer in the team we could have had double our current points tally. 

Even if we don't win another game in October/November, I can't see the Board changing anything until at least the end of January when RW has had an opportunity to change things in the next transfer window. 
unless bogle and Williams go will we have the money to change anything thou?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 20, 2021, 03:04:40 pm by Janso »

Really? I could have sworn this bunch of losers, apart from Bostock and Anderson, were all signed by him.

So who's door are you laying the blame at?

Have a guess.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 20, 2021, 04:39:06 pm by roverstillidie91 »

Who would we get though if we decided to sack him?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 20, 2021, 04:43:13 pm by drfchound »
We could approach Steve Bruce.

BiargeBob

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2021, 05:02:07 pm by BiargeBob »
We still would not have a goal scorer, if any change was made now.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 20, 2021, 05:30:55 pm by River Don »
If we were to make a change now, then I really think we'd be asking the likes of Paul Green or Tommy Rowe if they'd fancy a go as a caretaker?

And they'd still be faced with the same problems, only it's not their squad and vision.

It would be a huge roll of the dice and could just as easily go very wrong.

If we didn't get lucky again then it would be a case of trying to find a firefighter to somehow keep the club up or starting over with a view to rebuilding in the league below.

For now, I think they've got to stick with Richie and hope for improvement.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 20, 2021, 06:20:48 pm by DRCraig »

give him as much time as possible.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 20, 2021, 10:15:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
We are making a decision in the dark here. I don’t think anyone knows what type of football Wellens is trying to play. It’s a total mystery. Until that becomes clearer, we are all guessing whether he can be a success.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 20, 2021, 10:56:25 pm by Retdon1 »
We have a defence that can’t defend and an attack that can’t score... it’s as simple as that

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 20, 2021, 11:29:48 pm by DRNaith »
We could approach Steve Bruce.

There's more chance of him being the next Bond than being Rovers manager

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 21, 2021, 12:02:46 am by anton123 »
We need to spend I’m afraid to get out this mess weather the club will is  another question
I’d go for Matt godden from cov don’t think he’s first team anymore and a bid of say £100k might get him and he will score goals in this team and keep us up

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 21, 2021, 05:11:27 am by Danmckay456 »
I just don’t think we are in a false position , we’ve still got some deadwood from last season, players who aren’t consistent enough and poor recruitment I think our head of recruitment and coaches needs reviewing long term

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 21, 2021, 09:17:45 am by DRNaith »
We need to spend I’m afraid to get out this mess weather the club will is  another question
I’d go for Matt godden from cov don’t think he’s first team anymore and a bid of say £100k might get him and he will score goals in this team and keep us up

That couldn't happen until January though, could it?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 21, 2021, 09:40:38 am by MachoMadness »
I don't think spending is the issue. If we spend the budget on powder puff dross as we have done so far we'll be in the exact same position.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 21, 2021, 09:51:32 am by Chris Black come back »
What is concerning is if we do go down, this is a squad perfectly configured not to do well at League Two level.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 21, 2021, 12:50:26 pm by ForsolongaRover »
How can anyone expect a man who thinks Tuesday’s was a good performance improve these players?

You need to know what needs fixing before you can tackle it.

“Richie” seems incapable of any wrong in some people’s eyes. Perhaps he failed to turn it round at Salford and at Oldham for the very same reasons.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 21, 2021, 01:39:01 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I love how everyone thinks the reason we are where we are now is because we can't score.
The biggest issue we have at the present is we can't defend for toffee. We are defensively hopeless. This is the worst defensive unit I've seen for years and years. Even Anderson who has been a solid League 1 defender for a year or two has gone downhill rapidly.
If we could consistently keep clean sheets, or even occasionally keep a clean sheet, that's a point won straight away. If we can then God forbid, get a lucky deflection or a penalty at the other end, we may win a game or two.
Am I correct in thinking we've conceded 17 goals in 7 away games? You're not going to get many points shipping goals like that

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 21, 2021, 02:06:37 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Everyone?

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 21, 2021, 04:22:45 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
How can anyone expect a man who thinks Tuesday’s was a good performance improve these players?

“Richie” seems incapable of any wrong in some people’s eyes. Perhaps he failed to turn it round at Salford and at Oldham for the very same reasons.
Our performance on Tuesday was good, we defended well for the majority of the game apart from the goal which was actually offside, we just lacked the end product.

Also he walked into a near impossible job at Oldham, not many managers if any could’ve done better and at Salford he did well and won them the PJ Trophy against pompey and it’s been said several times that Gary Neville regretted sacking him.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 21, 2021, 04:41:01 pm by roversdude »
What is our win rate this calendar year

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 21, 2021, 04:45:43 pm by Janso »

Our performance on Tuesday was good, we defended well for the majority of the game apart from the goal which was actually offside, we just lacked the end product.

Also he walked into a near impossible job at Oldham, not many managers if any could’ve done better and at Salford he did well and won them the PJ Trophy against pompey and it’s been said several times that Gary Neville regretted sacking him.

Aye he won the final with Salford but they were already there.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 21, 2021, 04:50:38 pm by Campsall rover »

You did not listen to his interview properly.
He said the 1st half was a good performance which it was IMO. He said we needed to score and we didn’t.
He said 2nd half we let Gillingham back in by giving away far too many set pieces which is correct.
Completely fair assessment of the game from RW.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012