Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:35:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keep calm  (Read 3799 times)

TheFunk

• Forum Member
Re: Keep calm
« Reply #30 on October 23, 2021, 07:08:44 pm by TheFunk »
Richie certainly did Gerrard's head in. Gerrard dropped the F bomb very loudly into his mouthpiece.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 23, 2021, 07:31:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Richie certainly did Gerrard's head in. Gerrard dropped the F bomb very loudly into his mouthpiece.

Probably asked PG why we've conceded from 7 set pieces in 8 games.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 23, 2021, 07:33:25 pm by silent majority »
Read all the “ we needs” but didn’t see the solutions?

Where are these ball winners and commanding centre halves?

Mere rhetoric otherwise!
Solution is very simple ..stop follow the blind man ( Baldwin) up yet another alley as he is clueless as to what direction it takes ..Every mistake attributed to the stagnation of the club falls very much on his poor decision making over several seasons and failure to stand back and let another take the reigns when he knows the task requires knowledge that doesn’t poses  !!

Gavin is by far the best CEO this club has ever had, try and name a better one if you can. He also has the confidence of the other board members and they know a thing or two about running business's properly.

I notice you blame him for individual decisions, without being specific, yet he's there to carry out the instructions of the board and not to follow his own whims.

But you have to give him credit for the off field performance of the club, we're a club that can now generate significant income from other activities and one day that will become very evident. Most clubs would love to be able to do that.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 23, 2021, 07:37:59 pm by BVB »

Gerrard’s not the only one - we sit just below the camera area where Wellens has recently taken to watching the games - constant barrage of expletives, moans, shouting at Hunt and Gerrard to tell player x to do this and player x to do that - either through the completely inadequate headphone sets or loudly down to the dug out at the top of his voice - the man is a serial whinger and rules by fear, by the sound of it. He went down to give Hunt a bollocking for losing concentration for a nano-second.
Having sat behind his dad when he played with Rovers at Burnley I can see where he gets his impatient arrogance from.

Not nice to have to sit through.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 24, 2021, 09:25:41 am by i_ateallthepies »

Gerrard’s not the only one - we sit just below the camera area where Wellens has recently taken to watching the games - constant barrage of expletives, moans, shouting at Hunt and Gerrard to tell player x to do this and player x to do that - either through the completely inadequate headphone sets or loudly down to the dug out at the top of his voice - the man is a serial whinger and rules by fear, by the sound of it. He went down to give Hunt a bollocking for losing concentration for a nano-second.
Having sat behind his dad when he played with Rovers at Burnley I can see where he gets his impatient arrogance from.

Not nice to have to sit through.

It's just his nature, I'm sure after the heat of the moment he rebalances it by showing his appreciation for their efforts.  They're both big boys and will know how to deal with it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 24, 2021, 09:52:44 am by Campsall rover »
Far too much of this being made.
If it was a problem then Hunt, Gerrard etc etc would not be happy bunnies and it is quite obvious Noel Hunt gets on very well with Richie and have worked together for some time.

It is simply the way RW is. It does not have to be a problem.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 24, 2021, 10:13:13 am by BVB »
Well he won’t be offended then when he gets some stick and complaints back from those sitting directly underneath his foul mouthed rants - especially those sat with young children.

Or is that acceptable because of “his nature”.

Leedsrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 24, 2021, 10:48:03 am by Leedsrover »
I agree- also sit right below where Ritchie was dishing out a constant barrage of expletives.
I've witnessed many managers in my time watching the Rovers from George Raynor, through Stan Anderson , Dave Cusack , Seam O'Driscoll et al. All of these managers have different styles in how they  try to motivate players during matches. Anderson for example used to sit in the dugout overcoat collar up and make no attempt to influence what was or was'nt going on on the pitch.
Ritchie seems to be trying to reincarnate his playing career with a constant barrage of advice/instructions/rollickings and occassionally a little praise very publicly. Not sure myself if this helps or hinders performance on the field but I know that when I played any advice from the pitch side that suggested I was f***ing useless was not appreciated!
I know pro football is a different animal but surely our players need a bit more selective advice rather than the apparent constant ranting?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 24, 2021, 11:26:07 am by i_ateallthepies »
Well he won’t be offended then when he gets some stick and complaints back from those sitting directly underneath his foul mouthed rants - especially those sat with young children.

Anyone who takes children to a football match knows they're going to be exposed to foul language.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 24, 2021, 11:30:59 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Yep. Foul language by uneducated cretins. Bloke near me a few weeks back with a young son hurling abuse literally everytime he opened his gob. Never actually spoke to his kid once. Total moron.

Christ knows how that kid is gonna grow up. When shown arrogance, abuse and aggressiveness by his example setter of a parent.

In the heat of the moment we all knock out a swear word or two but some people are at it constantly.

They forget they are out in public. On day release probably.

Should learn to have to self restraint and awareness of who is around them or stay at home.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:33:21 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 24, 2021, 12:30:33 pm by Campsall rover »

No if he is sat in the stand using foul language then i agree that is not acceptable.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 24, 2021, 04:19:23 pm by BobG »
I've just read this thread for the first time. There's a number of thoughtful and interesting comments that broaden and deepen our collective understanding. And then there's Since-1969....

BobG

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 24, 2021, 05:12:54 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Whether I’m with my nieces or my 6 year old grandson, any foul language from someone within glaring distance gets that glare.

If the swearing continues the glare escalates to ‘a word in your ear’.

I don’t know what would happen after that because I have never had to go to Defcon 3 as yet.

I’d like to think I’d bring it to the attention of a steward & they would sort it…..who know’s.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on October 24, 2021, 05:15:35 pm by since-1969 »

Mere rhetoric otherwise!
Solution is very simple ..stop follow the blind man ( Baldwin) up yet another alley as he is clueless as to what direction it takes ..Every mistake attributed to the stagnation of the club falls very much on his poor decision making over several seasons and failure to stand back and let another take the reigns when he knows the task requires knowledge that doesn’t poses  !!

Gavin is by far the best CEO this club has ever had, try and name a better one if you can. He also has the confidence of the other board members and they know a thing or two about running business's properly.

I notice you blame him for individual decisions, without being specific, yet he's there to carry out the instructions of the board and not to follow his own whims.

But you have to give him credit for the off field performance of the club, we're a club that can now generate significant income from other activities and one day that will become very evident. Most clubs would love to be able to do that.
He’s the only CEO the clubs ever had so he’s in good company lol !!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 24, 2021, 05:27:45 pm by Campsall rover »

Mere rhetoric otherwise!

More rubbish. He is not the only one we have had. Previous one was David Morris.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 24, 2021, 08:13:06 pm by PDX_Rover »

Mere rhetoric otherwise!

More rubbish. He is not the only one we have had. Previous one was David Morris.

Dave Morris. f**k me he was an absolute moron.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012