Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:36:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Highlights  (Read 1840 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Highlights
« on October 23, 2021, 06:45:08 pm by glosterred »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Highlights
« Reply #1 on October 23, 2021, 06:59:39 pm by Alickismyhero »
GR,
Thanks for the link. Pleasing to see are old players not celebrate their goals.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 23, 2021, 07:17:28 pm by PDX_Rover »
Never a pen.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 23, 2021, 07:19:15 pm by Filo »
Never a pen.

It was n’t given straight away, play continued until the ball went out of play, the lino then flagged and the ref gave it

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 23, 2021, 08:09:31 pm by Campsall rover »
Just watched that over and over.

Never a pen. His arm never moved. Where is he supposed to put his arm?
Justice was done with the save, then the miss.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2021, 08:11:15 pm by drfchound »
Never a pen.

Harsh but I did think it hit the defenders hand.
It looked as though the ref and Lino were discussing it but I had to laugh that the linesman waited until the ref pointed to the spot before raising his flag a split second later.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 23, 2021, 08:16:27 pm by bpoolrover »
That second goal has to be the worst marking from a corner ever, first hour thou thought we played some really good stuff at times

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 23, 2021, 08:28:00 pm by silent majority »
The referee reacted to two appeals today by Cheltenham players, the first was by Alfie May for the penalty (no appeal, no penalty) the second was an appeal for time wasting against Dahlberg. Again, no appeal, no yellow card.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 23, 2021, 08:28:09 pm by The Beast »
That second goal has to be the worst marking from a corner ever, first hour thou thought we played some really good stuff at times
Was just about to say the same thing, great win but where’s the organisation. The only real proper goal scorer on the pitch and everyone ignores him.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 23, 2021, 08:34:02 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Never a pen arms by his side and it's pretty close. Two poor goals to concede on the 1st one everyone is getting back on the line rather than addressing the player with the ball. Second is just chaos at set plays again. If the goalie isn't going to come and get it then stay in your goal its an easy save. the marking was poor and everyone missed the ball which is poor. As Beast says no organisation which we need to get a grip of.

On the plus side our goals were all well taken and worked well. Play forward like that more and we should score more 

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 23, 2021, 09:33:04 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
I thought it was a pen at first sight but after watching the highlights don’t think it was a pen at all. For the second goal why is Galbraith marking Williams?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 23, 2021, 09:45:32 pm by Dagenham Rover »
That was not a penalty unless they have changed the rules yet again

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 24, 2021, 09:40:34 am by i_ateallthepies »
I initially thought it was a penalty and having seen it again hasn't changed my mind.  It wasn't intentional but it certainly changed the ball's trajectory and to say his arm was by his side is just not true.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 24, 2021, 10:06:42 am by bigal »
There 2nd goal bad error from our goalkeeper

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 24, 2021, 10:19:16 am by idler »
I initially thought it was a penalty and having seen it again hasn't changed my mind.  It wasn't intentional but it certainly changed the ball's trajectory and to say his arm was by his side is just not true.
It was ball to hand though from close range. He wasn’t trying to block the ball it was just how he was stood.
Nobody walks round with their hands and arms pressed tight against their body, it’s unnatural. A harsh decision in my eyes and far more obvious penalties have been denied this season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 24, 2021, 10:25:54 am by Chris Black come back »
Was just about to say the same thing, great win but where’s the organisation. The only real proper goal scorer on the pitch and everyone ignores him.

Thought the same. That would embarrass an under 7s side. Absolutely terrible.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 24, 2021, 10:28:13 am by andyst79 »
All good goals, but what great technique by Anderson to direct that header with so much power running away from goal

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 24, 2021, 10:30:59 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It should never have been a penalty, the way we were caught on the break was very amateur ish.
The good thing is this week we put chances away, so it didn’t mean we were losing, to cap it all their guy produced one of the worst penalties I’ve ever seen.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 24, 2021, 12:59:34 pm by danumdon »
The penalty was very harsh, it was ball to arm, he didn't move to the ball, what's he supposed to do with his arms, i don't agree with players pulling their arms behind their backs, The penalty was saved due to being smashed straight at the keeper and followed up with an amazing miss by Alfie May.

Their first goal was poor defending from us, Williams (who had a good game) made the mistake of not closing down Alfie May, even so Dhalberg should not have been beaten on his near post, poor positioning again which also occurred with their second goal,

We have now gone back to man for man marking at set pieces, but it was very poor marking to have Galbraith who's six stone and five foot nothing to be marking Williams?, even this mistake could of been rescued but for poor play by Dhalberg again who got dragged forward into a ruck of players with no hope of being able to catch or punch the ball, its become apparent that he has major positional issues and apart from his penalty saves i don't think hes that good a keeper, he rarely catches a ball without dropping it first, grabbing at the ball with stiff hands?

Really good, entertaining and action packed game to watch, we played well for an hour and then allowed them back into the match by changing what we had been doing previously,(poor game management) why did we not just carry on attacking them, they were wide open to the fast break and we had players on the pitch to take advantage of the situation, we could of filled our boots, instead we made a good win look much harder than it should of been. More of the first 60 mins again please.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 24, 2021, 05:08:08 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
It should never have been a penalty, the way we were caught on the break was very amateur ish.
The good thing is this week we put chances away, so it didn’t mean we were losing, to cap it all their guy produced one of the worst penalties I’ve ever seen.
it wasn’t a bad penalty at all, was made to look worse because dahlberg stayed stood up which not many keepers do. Nathan Tyson used to hit his with a lot of power and often went down the middle and scored most of his because the keepers  always dived.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 24, 2021, 08:30:21 pm by drfchound »
it wasn’t a bad penalty at all, was made to look worse because dahlberg stayed stood up which not many keepers do. Nathan Tyson used to hit his with a lot of power and often went down the middle and scored most of his because the keepers  always dived.

Billy Sharp often smashes the ball straight down the middle too and rarely misses.
It was unusual for Pontus to not dive to one side or the other.
Could it be that he had studied the way the Cheltenham lad usually takes his pens.
Just an idea I had.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 25, 2021, 04:04:12 pm by normal rules »
A lot of focus on the defending , or lack of, and quite rightly so.
But having watched this back a few times, credit where due.
There are three utterly cracking goals there. The likes of which we have not been used to for some time.
Simple football. Played with confidence and dare I say some skill too.
The first an utterly wonderful down field pass, took ball down well, super strike .
The second a wonderful cross and equally wonderful and powerful header.
The third, good strong play from the left followed by a good pass and a superb confident cross field move before walloping the ball to the left of the keeper leaving him no chance.
These were all class goals. No taps ins or goalmouth scrambles.
More of this please.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012