Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:49:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charlton V TLOD  (Read 5312 times)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Charlton V TLOD
« Reply #90 on October 30, 2021, 04:39:09 pm by Barmby Rover »
And the official "streaming service" stops working, a bit like Rovers at the moment, absolute shite with nothing changing, giving poor value for money.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on October 30, 2021, 04:41:55 pm by dickos1 »
Tuesday is must win
7 points from these 4 games will be a good return

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on October 30, 2021, 04:43:11 pm by Lesonthewest »
Changing the manager won’t work, we’ve let wellens sign a squad full of players a new manager will have to work with players that aren’t his with no money to sign his own

So what if a different manager can organise these players better, & set us up to be more difficult to beat away from home, what if he could do that?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 30, 2021, 04:43:17 pm by bpoolrover »
This is not about losing it's the way we are losing, there has not been 1 positive in this match

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on October 30, 2021, 04:44:27 pm by ScillyRover »
Well, didn’t think we could get any worse and only improve after early season performances. How wrong I was. This really is the worst I’ve seen us play in a long, long, time.
This could have easily been another 7-0
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 04:48:25 pm by ScillyRover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on October 30, 2021, 04:47:45 pm by dickos1 »
Changing the manager won’t work, we’ve let wellens sign a squad full of players a new manager will have to work with players that aren’t his with no money to sign his own

So what if a different manager can organise these players better, & set us up to be more difficult to beat away from home, what if he could do that?

What if they can’t?
What if they turn our decent home form into home form as poor as our away form?
If we sack wellens we won’t have a manger in place until the end of January.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on October 30, 2021, 04:50:41 pm by Filo »
We like to give teams around us a confidence boost, a hammering by Ipswich and on by Charlton, when will this horror show end?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on October 30, 2021, 04:52:20 pm by Barmby Rover »
Agreed, I am not sure you can put the whole blame for Rovers demise on RW, the people funding the club should have a close look at themselves (but they are probably too busy watching Rugger (Rugby Union) to take any interest) and the players should look at careers slowly disintegrating. Nobody is going to want a single one of them.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on October 30, 2021, 04:57:43 pm by Batleyred »
Agreed, I am not sure you can put the whole blame for Rovers demise on RW, the people funding the club should have a close look at themselves (but they are probably too busy watching Rugger (Rugby Union) to take any interest) and the players should look at careers slowly disintegrating. Nobody is going to want a single one of them.

Personally i don't blame the board, i am fully behind them. Way i see it is we are being put in a financially stable position where an investor will want to buy into a self funding club in a lower league and have the funds to put more in.

Wellens is the problem IMO.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on October 30, 2021, 04:58:33 pm by River Don »
Right back to square one.

Very disappointing. How do they pick themselves up after this?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on October 30, 2021, 04:59:11 pm by dickos1 »
We like to give teams around us a confidence boost, a hammering by Ipswich and on by Charlton, when will this horror show end?

Ipswich and charlton will both be in the top 10 by Easter.
They’re not the sides we should be worried about

Tuesday is a different matter

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on October 30, 2021, 05:00:03 pm by dickos1 »

Personally i don't blame the board, i am fully behind them. Way i see it is we are being put in a financially stable position where an investor will want to buy into a self funding club in a lower league and have the funds to put more in.

That’s correct, but by the same token if you’re going to accept how the board want to run things you can’t moan about a side struggling in league one

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on October 30, 2021, 05:01:22 pm by Lesonthewest »

What if they can’t?
What if they turn our decent home form into home form as poor as our away form?
If we sack wellens we won’t have a manger in place until the end of January.

We maybe won't but you imply it's not worth trying, & how do you know we won't have a manager in place until the end of January? They may feel to get it done before & give a new guy the chance to bring in a few in the window. You may think it's no use changing the manager, I disagree. We are just sleep walking to league 2. A new manager can do no worse in my opinion.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on October 30, 2021, 05:10:47 pm by River Don »
Summing up on the radio.

- could've and should've been more. Going forward Rovers were harmless.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on October 30, 2021, 05:12:54 pm by dickos1 »
There’s no reason to think the board would recruit the manager any differently to how they have previously.
Which would be end of jan before we get one.

A new manager will still have
John missing, Taylor missing, okenabirhie missing, Rowe missing, close missing,

That’s 5 players that would be starting every week, it will be another manager we employ not a magician

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on October 30, 2021, 05:30:07 pm by donnievic »
Worse then Ipswich performance that for me that,shocking no fight or anything,decent ball in for their 1st but didn’t think it was even a free kick and deffo pen for 2nd,2nd half even worse

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on October 30, 2021, 05:44:39 pm by foxbat »
'doing no worse ' will leave us in the relegation zone after having to pay financial compensation to RW.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on October 30, 2021, 06:03:55 pm by Lesonthewest »

Ipswich and charlton will both be in the top 10 by Easter.
They’re not the sides we should be worried about

Tuesday is a different matter

Not the point, we have just been thumped by 3rd from bottom, no team should get hammered in that manner.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on October 30, 2021, 06:06:44 pm by Lesonthewest »
There’s no reason to think the board would recruit the manager any differently to how they have previously.

That’s 5 players that would be starting every week, it will be another manager we employ not a magician

Needs must, the board may think this isn't working we need it to change it now.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on October 30, 2021, 06:09:42 pm by Lesonthewest »

That’s correct, but by the same token if you’re going to accept how the board want to run things you can’t moan about a side struggling in league one
But supporters can can't they, they pay their own hard earned money to support their club, so yes they can.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on October 30, 2021, 06:50:29 pm by dickos1 »

Needs must, the board may think this isn't working we need it to change it now.

Yeah and you’ll be back on here in 3 months time wanting the next manager sacked

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on October 30, 2021, 06:53:24 pm by dickos1 »

But supporters can can't they, they pay their own hard earned money to support their club, so yes they can.

Of course but if you can’t look and see why then there’s no hope

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on October 30, 2021, 07:42:06 pm by mpc123 »
Expected this today.

Charlton should be a really good team and obviously are turning the corner.

We are in a season of survival and I feel sorry for Wellens, he obviously loves the club and knew what he was taking on.

He doesn't complain about the budget, heart on his sleeve.

I really don't think he will be a bad manager next season but can he get to that point is a different question.

Fingers crossed he can, keep backing him and the players this year, it is difficult I know but they need us.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012