Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:58:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thats me done  (Read 10385 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Thats me done
« Reply #180 on November 01, 2021, 06:27:20 am by dickos1 »
Wellens had just stated John had been the one player he’d been impressed with at the club and a week later he got injured.
Of course he knew they were injured in august but he didn’t have any money to do anything about it, gardener and Barlow were signings to fill the bench because we had nobody.
Rowe has missed more than one game this season I believe, and close has missed more than 2,

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on November 01, 2021, 07:20:57 am by Chris Black come back »
Tommy Rowe has appeared in 14 league games this season, and Ben Close in 13 league games this season

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on November 01, 2021, 07:40:05 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Long term we’ve basically had Fej and Taylor out. The rest have missed games as you’d expect through the course of a season.

And yes it matters that other teams will suffer the same if not worse after all we compete with these teams. How can we declare 2 /3 injuries a crisis if others we play against have far more out?

Wellens hasn’t tried to change how we play to adapt to our injuries when we have them or our league position. Maybe he also thinks a couple of injuries mean we might as well not turn up!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on November 01, 2021, 08:25:27 am by roversdude »
We need to look at injuries/absences to the whole squad though rather than just a perceived starting 11

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on November 01, 2021, 10:24:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Wellens had just stated John had been the one player he’d been impressed with at the club and a week later he got injured.
Of course he knew they were injured in august but he didn’t have any money to do anything about it, gardener and Barlow were signings to fill the bench because we had nobody.
Rowe has missed more than one game this season I believe, and close has missed more than 2.

And when John, Gardener and Barlow were all available, Wellens chose to play the latter two in midfield with Rowe at left back and John on the bench.

Go figure.

As for appearances, you don't have to guess, the data is all on record.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 12:19:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on November 01, 2021, 10:36:29 am by Axholme Lion »
Agree. Piss off Wellens. Absolutely clueless.

Have some dignity and resign tonight. The club are paying you and you don't deserve and are not earning the money!
So who do we get to replace him?  Our home form is reasonable. It is away we are having problems.
No good calling for the managers head after each defeat.
No one wanted him out last Saturday or on Tuesday night.

Take Gary Rowett off our hands. You won't go down but you will be bored to death.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on November 01, 2021, 11:21:37 am by rich1471 »
Agree. Piss off Wellens. Absolutely clueless. Its not like it's entertaining and fun at the minute

Have some dignity and resign tonight. The club are paying you and you don't deserve and are not earning the money!
So who do we get to replace him?  Our home form is reasonable. It is away we are having problems.
No good calling for the managers head after each defeat.
No one wanted him out last Saturday or on Tuesday night.

Take Gary Rowett off our hands. You won't go down but you will be bored to death.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on November 01, 2021, 11:45:50 am by MachoMadness »
I would tend to agree we can't rely on the injuries excuse at this point. We should be able to adapt to injuries better than this. I can accept it's affecting results to some degree but I still expect us to be competitive. Too often this season we simply aren't competitive, we're leaking goals like a sieve. Even when we were 3-0 up with half an hour to go we still folded under the slightest pressure from Cheltenham and were lucky to come away with anything. What should be a positive result still has loads of red flags. That has nothing to do with Fej and Taylor being out, it's down to coaching.

The thing that hurts the most is that it's easy to play against us. Teams must love it, it's like an extended training session for them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012