Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:56:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yorkshire CCC  (Read 6380 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Yorkshire CCC
« Reply #30 on November 06, 2021, 11:01:45 pm by tyke1962 »
Go on youtube and watch episodes of Love thy Neighbour, will all those actors if they ate still alive be villified for historical racism, we’ve moved, what was acceptable then is not today

Love Thy Neighbour was a parody aimed at showing up white racial prejudice. It's a pity we haven't learned much from it.

So the UK is still set in the 1970's then ?

Jack Smethhurst , Bernard Manning would still be top of the bill then ?

Your the reason Labour don't get elected .

Clown !!.

Only one clown here if you can't see that racism hasn't gone away. In fact, it was openly used as a tool in persuading people to vote to leave the EU!

There's nobody in the UK who shows more prejudicial traits than your average Joe EU referendum loser .

The amount of bile composed on this forum by yourself on the subject is something that should shame you .

The racist card .

The thicko card .

All spewed out of your gob because you lost a referendum .

Your as prejudice as any far right fanatic .

Your just too far up your own so called liberal ass to realise it .

Oh , your welcome .

Only one thicko here pal, and that's you....

Racist is as racist does!

So you assume everyone who voted to leave the EU reads the Daily Mail and Express ? .

The facts are that less than 5 million people read the Daily Mail and Express .

Hmm 17 million voted to leave the EU  .

I sincerely hope you haven't emptied your gun fella going all Daily Mail and Express .

I'm here for the foreseeable .

Your go .

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 11:05:52 pm by tyke1962 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 07, 2021, 06:10:41 am by SydneyRover »
I think brexiters should be given a bit of room, imagine oneself in their current position, they swallowed the propaganda about sovereignty, the hoards coming to take their jobs and that it was the end of little britain as we know it (especially the crickety bit)

Now they have to swallow the daily bucket of shite that is served up in the form of a tanking economy that the hoards are actually needed and the government breaking the law, conventions, parliamentary rules and is very close to screwing over the Good Friday Agreement.

It's time to make peace and for them to say to remainers that 'we royally f**ked up and we would like to turn the clock back and you were right'

there that should do it aye?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 07, 2021, 09:00:40 am by wilts rover »
They voted to reduce immigration and ended up with more migrants than ever before!

One day they will realise that what they thought they were voting for was not what those promoting Brexit wanted.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 07, 2021, 09:07:06 am by Ldr »
Guess you hit a raw nerve there Tyke, outing ppl as hypocritical will do that

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 07, 2021, 09:11:32 am by Ldr »
I think brexiters should be given a bit of room, imagine oneself in their current position, they swallowed the propaganda about sovereignty, the hoards coming to take their jobs and that it was the end of little britain as we know it (especially the crickety bit)

Now they have to swallow the daily bucket of shite that is served up in the form of a tanking economy that the hoards are actually needed and the government breaking the law, conventions, parliamentary rules and is very close to screwing over the Good Friday Agreement.

It's time to make peace and for them to say to remainers that 'we royally f**ked up and we would like to turn the clock back and you were right'

there that should do it aye?

I personally don’t think like that

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 07, 2021, 12:36:17 pm by phil old leake »
It would appear that we have fallen short from staff shortages due to workers going home after the Brexit vote

Why don’t we take a step back 30-40 years and stop handing out benefits to everyone

It could be a good idea to suggest to the life long dolers that they could try getting a job to help fill the void in workers

Or is that a bit too radical and anti woke

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 07, 2021, 02:11:49 pm by Not Now Kato »
Go on youtube and watch episodes of Love thy Neighbour, will all those actors if they ate still alive be villified for historical racism, we’ve moved, what was acceptable then is not today

Love Thy Neighbour was a parody aimed at showing up white racial prejudice. It's a pity we haven't learned much from it.

Clown !!.

Only one clown here if you can't see that racism hasn't gone away. In fact, it was openly used as a tool in persuading people to vote to leave the EU!

There's nobody in the UK who shows more prejudicial traits than your average Joe EU referendum loser .

The amount of bile composed on this forum by yourself on the subject is something that should shame you .

The racist card .

The thicko card .

Oh , your welcome .

So you assume everyone who voted to leave the EU reads the Daily Mail and Express ? .

I sincerely hope you haven't emptied your gun fella going all Daily Mail and Express .

Your go .

I don't assume any such thing. Racist propaganda wasn't restricted to the Mail and the Express, it even appeared on posters....

I wonder where he got the idea from?

Of course, you know who used those posters and what that led to too!

Then there was the media coverage of the ultra right wing factions who were quite happy to push the racism card!

I know quite a number of people who voted leave because of "all these foreigners" 'taking our jobs', taking our school places', taking our hospital places' - select relevant excuse as necessary.  I also know quite a few people who didn't care about the Irish issue that would occur., even when it was pointed out to them - many still don't!

And as the situation worsens the Mail has the nerve to wonder why!

Even the Express is admitting that Brexit promises were broken....

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1469481/Brexit-news-EU-bullying-brexit-lies-boris-johnson-daily-express-brexit-poll

So tell me, how many of these promises did you believe?

http://infacts.org/johnsons-broken-referendum-promises-there-were-loads/

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 07, 2021, 08:07:02 pm by SydneyRover »
Liz the Truss, The Telegraph.

''Foreign Secretary Liz Truss has laid out plans for the UK to become the "beating heart of a global network of liberty", according to the Sunday Express. The paper says the minister's pledge to "deliver jobs of the future" comes ahead of a trip to south-east Asia''

''Ahead of a crucial tour of Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand''

Hmmm, I wonder what those jobs of the future will be and why it'd so crucial? maybe she has been listening to Phil and any that can't get work will get a working visa in one of those countries?

The 'beating heart of a global network of liberty' sounds a bit like a old commonwealth where Britain resumes all the pink bits.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 07, 2021, 08:34:49 pm by Ldr »
It’s amazing NNK you continue to prove Tyke right

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 07, 2021, 08:38:40 pm by wilts rover »
Isn't this the job of the Trade Minister? At least it was when Liz Truss was the Trade Minister?

I would have thought the Foreign Secretary would have more important political issues to be getting on with - top of the list being the wife of a bloke on hunger strike outside the  Foreign Office complaining they wont help get her out of an Iranian jail.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 07, 2021, 08:44:19 pm by SydneyRover »
Isn't this the job of the Trade Minister? At least it was when Liz Truss was the Trade Minister?

I would have thought the Foreign Secretary would have more important political issues to be getting on with - top of the list being the wife of a bloke on hunger strike outside the  Foreign Office complaining they wont help get her out of an Iranian jail.

All hands to the pump, wilts

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 07, 2021, 10:21:22 pm by tyke1962 »

Clown !!.

The racist card .

The thicko card .

Oh , your welcome .

Your go .

I don't assume any such thing. Racist propaganda wasn't restricted to the Mail and the Express, it even appeared on posters....

Then there was the media coverage of the ultra right wing factions who were quite happy to push the racism card!

I know quite a number of people who voted leave because of "all these foreigners" 'taking our jobs', taking our school places', taking our hospital places' - select relevant excuse as necessary.  I also know quite a few people who didn't care about the Irish issue that would occur., even when it was pointed out to them - many still don't!

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1469481/Brexit-news-EU-bullying-brexit-lies-boris-johnson-daily-express-brexit-poll

So it's racist to have concerns about population growth that can potentially put pressure on services , housing and infrastructure .

Wouldn't it be extremely naive to think that friction won't exist between host populations and migrant groups as a consequence ? .

Does that Euro flag tied round your neck cut off the blood supply to your brain ?

I'm all ears .

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 07, 2021, 10:45:50 pm by Not Now Kato »

Clown !!.

The racist card .

The thicko card .

Oh , your welcome .

Your go .

So it's racist to have concerns about population growth that can potentially put pressure on services , housing and infrastructure .

Wouldn't it be extremely naive to think that friction won't exist between host populations and migrant groups as a consequence ? .

Does that Euro flag tied round your neck cut off the blood supply to your brain ?

I'm all ears .

No, it isn't racist to have concerns about population growth, but it is racist to use the tactics shown above to incite people to vote against their best interests!

But then again, you're the guy who would rather see the Tories in power making a complete mess of practically everything they touch than do something practical about it!

Oh, and you still haven't answered the question I asked - no surprise there!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 07, 2021, 10:48:22 pm by Not Now Kato »

It's amazing you have nothing substantive to offer Ldr. Then again, based on your contributions, it really isn't!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 07, 2021, 10:50:09 pm by Ldr »

It's amazing you have nothing substantive to offer Ldr. Then again, based on your contributions, it really isn't!

If that’s all you have, I really despair

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 07, 2021, 11:46:52 pm by tyke1962 »

Clown !!.

The racist card .

The thicko card .

Oh , your welcome .

Your go .

I'm all ears .

No, it isn't racist to have concerns about population growth, but it is racist to use the tactics shown above to incite people to vote against their best interests!

But then again, you're the guy who would rather see the Tories in power making a complete mess of practically everything they touch than do something practical about it!

There's no question to answer .

What escapes you is you believe EVERY leave voter was influenced by the the leave campaign that began just before the 2016 referendum .

I'd have voted to leave the European Union or EEC as far back as the early 90's .

My mind was made up over 20 years before I ever got the chance to vote to leave .

The likes of Gove , Johnson , Mogg and Farage never influenced me because I personally pre date them by two decades .

I'm Dennis Skinner or Tony Benn matey .

If the Labour Movement was so convinced by the EU then why did Blair promise on two occasions to offer a referendum on remaining within it ? .

If people such as yourself want to play the race card and sneer at the lack of intelligence of leave voters then you ain't having it with me pal .

You like to call yourselves Liberals or better educated but the truth is your every bit as prejudice towards anyone who doesn't fall in to line with your vision as Tommy Robinson is with the Muslim faith .

Which you've demonstrated perfectly well on this thread and many others on this topic .

You will not silence the likes of me with your incessant racist ramblings thrown at people who don't see it your way .

The greatest spectacle on this topic is the bloke who resides in Sydney Australia who have some of the toughest immigration rules in the world commenting on free movement and Liberalism .

You couldn't make it up .

I'm alright Jack springs to mind .

Essence of a Tory you may well say .

Yet he as well as yourself seem to believe I contribute to Tory governments .

What clearly escapes many is that a vote for Labour constitutes to the same shyte show .

Starmer is every bit as corrupt as Johnson with every pre Labour election leadership promise broken .

The difference with myself is I wouldn't vote for either of these charlatans .

So whose the dummy now then ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 08, 2021, 12:04:24 am by SydneyRover »
Those that voted for Blair were voting for a pro-Euro party.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 08, 2021, 10:29:44 am by GazLaz »
Cricket is a religion in UK Asian communities.

If Yorkshire still enforced the must be born in Yorkshire rule, then they would still have a huge talent pool in Asian communities to draw from in Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield, Rotherham.

If there is one institution in Yorkshire that should be a bastion of equal opportunity then it is Yorkshire CCC.

Agreed, although I did see an (unverified) stat on Twitter today that 40% of amatuer players in the UK are Asian/of Asian descent but only 4% of professional players are.

A cultural thing. Sport still isn't seen as a serious career. They still want their kids to grow up to be something sensible and respected, most likely a doctor.

I live in Batley, plenty of Asian’s around here. It’s a bit of a lazy stereotype to think that all Asian families expect their kids to be doctors!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on November 08, 2021, 12:31:49 pm by Not Now Kato »

Clown !!.

The racist card .

The thicko card .

Oh , your welcome .

Your go .

I'm all ears .

There's no question to answer .

What escapes you is you believe EVERY leave voter was influenced by the the leave campaign that began just before the 2016 referendum .

No I do not, nor have I said any such.  You seem to have a habit of making things up to suit your argument

I'd have voted to leave the European Union or EEC as far back as the early 90's .

My mind was made up over 20 years before I ever got the chance to vote to leave .

The likes of Gove , Johnson , Mogg and Farage never influenced me because I personally pre date them by two decades .

I'm Dennis Skinner or Tony Benn matey .

Then you're an exception that proves the rule.  Most people I know, (and many of them voted leave), couldn't give a damn about the EU before the referendum and were perfectly happy to get on with their lives.  They only became leavers following the lies that were propagated by the leave campaigns.

If the Labour Movement was so convinced by the EU then why did Blair promise on two occasions to offer a referendum on remaining within it ? .

There you go, two broken promises by Blair and you criticise Starmer!  Then again, maybe Blair had a change of heart and worked it out that we're better off in the EU? Who knows

If people such as yourself want to play the race card and sneer at the lack of intelligence of leave voters then you ain't having it with me pal .

Racism is endemic in our society, it has a lot to do with lack of intelligence and was certainly a contributor to the leave victory. The West Indian cricketer and commentator Michael Holding was on the TV this morning and stated quite clearly that "racism isn't restricted to Yorkshire Cricket, all of cricket, or sport in total - it's societal"; and until we grasp that nettle we will continue to have issues.  I'd rather believe someone like him than some bloke on a football forum

You like to call yourselves Liberals or better educated but the truth is your every bit as prejudice towards anyone who doesn't fall in to line with your vision as Tommy Robinson is with the Muslim faith .

Which you've demonstrated perfectly well on this thread and many others on this topic .

I don't call myself a Liberal, nor do I claim to be better educated - bit I am totally against racism and it's abuse politically

You will not silence the likes of me with your incessant racist ramblings thrown at people who don't see it your way .

I'm not trying to silence the likes of you, I'm trying to get you to understand that racism is very bad and that it's use for political ends is evil

The greatest spectacle on this topic is the bloke who resides in Sydney Australia who have some of the toughest immigration rules in the world commenting on free movement and Liberalism .

You couldn't make it up .

I'm alright Jack springs to mind .

The fact that he lives in a country with very restrictive immigration rules doesn't necessarily mean he agrees with them. But I'll leave it to him to clarify that point.  What I will say is, he has every right to comment as he sees fit on this forum irrespective of where he lives - just as you have the same right irrespective of the team you support

Essence of a Tory you may well say .

Yet he as well as yourself seem to believe I contribute to Tory governments .

It's been pointed out to you by others that your stance on this is such that it is an enabler to a continuing Tory government which, given the current disgraceful and corrupt shower, is tantamount to picking the worst of two evils.

What clearly escapes many is that a vote for Labour constitutes to the same shyte show .

Starmer is every bit as corrupt as Johnson with every pre Labour election leadership promise broken .

Erm, how can you break election promises when you've not been elected?

The difference with myself is I wouldn't vote for either of these charlatans .

Given our current electoral system, (which I strongly disagree with and am a firm believer in Proportional Representation), there are only two parties likely to be elected. Given your stance, as pointed to above, you're part of the problem; not the solution.

So whose the dummy now then ?

Anyone who can't see racism for the poison that it is and fails to call it out in all its forms.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 08, 2021, 06:12:36 pm by selby »
  I agree with Tyke 1962.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 08, 2021, 06:19:42 pm by Filo »
  I agree with Tyke 1962.

Thats hardly a ringing endorsment

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 08, 2021, 08:05:06 pm by scawsby steve »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 08, 2021, 09:03:39 pm by SydneyRover »
because he's very much like tyke, he hasn't got a coherent argument so he uses insults and winds ups, any other questions Steve?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 08, 2021, 09:05:51 pm by drfchound »
Tyke offers very coherent arguments.
A bit silly to state otherwise.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 08, 2021, 09:07:34 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Veering back on topic (if possible)

Did have tickets for day 4 against New Zealand in June next year but have been offered a full refund if the issue doesn't get sorted.

Just in case anyone has missed the email!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 08, 2021, 09:10:23 pm by SydneyRover »
Tyke offers very coherent arguments.
A bit silly to state otherwise.

Show some examples of substantive coherent argument from tyke.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 08, 2021, 09:31:10 pm by Campsall rover »
The title of the thread is Yorkshire CCC

It was intended that the discussion on this thread was about the situation at the cricket club.

Please can you take your political agenda’s and your bickering and personal insults to one of the dozens of other threads that are about politics, Brexit etc etc.

That would be appreciated. Thank you.

Back to the thread title. This new Chairman has said all the right things today.
Let’s hope the actions are as good as the words.

Think he might just be the man to sort it all out.
Sounds as though he is hopeful of getting the sponsors back on side and not given up hope we may see International Cricket at Headingley next summer..

Some very decisive action will need to happen very quickly if either of those two things are going to happen.

Think a few heads are going to roll in the next few weeks.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 08, 2021, 09:38:23 pm by SydneyRover »
I want to see you call out all the threads where you get involved CP, all of them.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 08, 2021, 09:46:56 pm by Campsall rover »
I want to see you call out all the threads where you get involved CP, all of them.
CR not CP

Sydney you have lost me. What do you mean you want me to call out all the threads where i get involved

That post was not aimed specifically at you.
The whole thread has gone completely off the topic.

Sorry I do not get that.  :zzz:  Please explain
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 09:50:58 pm by Campsall rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 08, 2021, 09:49:30 pm by SydneyRover »
If you are going to be a moderator all threads and topics that go off the rails call them out, easy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012