Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:42:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays injuries  (Read 8527 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Todays injuries
« on November 06, 2021, 04:40:42 pm by Filo »
Olowu back spasm, what is it with back spasms?

Cukur fatigue

Barlow looks bad, impact injury

Bostock they don’t know what it is yet

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Todays injuries
« Reply #1 on November 06, 2021, 04:42:29 pm by glosterred »
Good job we’ve got an international break, as it we’ll be struggling for a team on Tuesday, should I dust off my boots?

COYR

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 06, 2021, 04:43:37 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Cukur fatigue

Cukur fatigue??!!

Jesus wept.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 06, 2021, 04:45:49 pm by glosterred »

Cukur fatigue

Cukur fatigue??!!

Jesus wept.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

I cannot blame him going down with fatigue as I’d had enough at that point as well!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 06, 2021, 04:56:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
Again if it is back spasm is our training ground to hard that could be the third player. As for Bostock I don’t think he’s been fully fit since been at the club.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 06, 2021, 04:59:07 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Cukur fatigue

That's three players with back spasm in something like four weeks - First Bostock, then Rowe and now Olowu.  There has to be something going off at this club with non-contact injuries.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 06, 2021, 05:00:32 pm by drfchound »
Again if it is back spasm is our training ground to hard that could be the third player. As for Bostock I don’t think he’s been fully fit since been at the club.

Bostock looked as though he stretched a hamstring just before half time when he made a tackle on half way.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 06, 2021, 05:22:29 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's embarrassing how unfit Cukur is.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 06, 2021, 05:24:42 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
It's embarrassing how unfit Cukur is.

In the case of Cukur, 'unfit' translates to 'bone idle'

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 06, 2021, 05:49:02 pm by Draytonian III »
To cross over to another recent thread I personally think Cukur will be another player who was “ rubbish “ with us but got better, he’s only 19 years old and will improve. In fact he wasn’t rubbish today just had a chance which he should of scored but the rest of his attacking play was better than the other attacking options we had

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 06, 2021, 06:43:55 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
To cross over to another recent thread I personally think Cukur will be another player who was “ rubbish “ with us but got better, he’s only 19 years old and will improve. In fact he wasn’t rubbish today just had a chance which he should of scored but the rest of his attacking play was better than the other attacking options we had

As if that is a ringing endorsement!!  :woot: :woot:

So Cukur played better than both Hiwula and Dodoo who both should not be being paid to play football, let alone score goals.

I'm sure he will improve but if he's not going to improve with us then he can piss off! No good to us that. Him improving next season when he's on loan at Bradford or summat. Jesus.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 06:46:44 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 06, 2021, 06:55:36 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I didn't know Vilca was out though. What is his injury and how long will he be out for?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 06, 2021, 06:56:55 pm by Campsall rover »

So Cukur played better than both Hiwula and Dodoo who both should not be being paid to play football, let alone score goals.

I'm sure he will improve but if he's not going to improve with us then he can piss off! No good to us that. Him improving next season when he's on loan at Bradford or summat. Jesus.
For crying out loud say something constructive. Are you 1969’s twin brother by any chance?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 06, 2021, 06:57:55 pm by normal rules »
Cukur fatigue.
I call it just plain bloody lazy.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 06, 2021, 07:04:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

For crying out loud say something constructive. Are you 1969’s twin brother by any chance?

Galbraith is a good player. He turns up, does his job as best he can and i'm happy to forgive him a bad game or three because he earns his money. He didn't have a bad game today as it happens but it is a positive is it not. If most of the other players were like Galbraith and at least put in a shift then that would be beneficial.

Or if you like i can say that i hope Cukur stays with us until the end of the season and plays every game because he is such a grafter and he knows where the net is. That is constructive but won't help the team will it?

Being honest about the true picture isn't always constructive.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 06, 2021, 07:05:15 pm by Lesonthewest »

Truth hurts.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 06, 2021, 07:06:19 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
If Ben Blythe replaced Cukur up front then i would be happier. Is that constructive? It's desperate yes, but is it constructive?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 06, 2021, 07:08:13 pm by Pancho Regan »

Galbraith is a good player. He turns up, does his job as best he can and i'm happy to forgive him a bad game or three because he earns his money. He didn't have a bad game today as it happens but it is a positive is it not. If most of the other players were like Galbraith and at least put in a shift then that would be beneficial.

Or if you like i can say that i hope Cukur stays with us until the end of the season and plays every game because he is such a grafter and he knows where the net is. That is constructive but won't help the team will it?

Your constant negativity is becoming tedious and boring.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 06, 2021, 07:11:28 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

And?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 06, 2021, 07:13:58 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Tedious and boring? Maybe you are describing the mighty Rovers under Wellens?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 06, 2021, 07:14:22 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Cukur fatigue

That's three players with back spasm in something like four weeks - First Bostock, then Rowe and now Olowu.  There has to be something going off at this club with non-contact injuries.

A wild idea without any basis whatsoever, but any chance they might be doing a lot of upper body weights to beef up a bit?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 06, 2021, 08:17:47 pm by Campsall rover »
Thought they all put in a shift today. Some did not play very well agreed and it wasn’t pretty.
I did not see anyone shirk a tackle today. Thought there were signs of determination and endeavour out there.
We would have got beaten today if we had not matched Scunny’s work rate.
They were fired up as expected and we showed we wanted it just as much as them.
Where we were seriously lacking is our finishing. But please don’t tell me Dodoo and Curkur did not give 100% effort. Their ability may not be good enough but that is a different subject. Hiwula was the most disappointing player for me today. Just does not seem to have the confidence to run at people and use the pace he has.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 06, 2021, 08:42:25 pm by selby »
  Horton played well when he came on, Galbraith the MOM for me, Knoyle had a good game, Barlow also had his best game for the club, and Smith worked hard and backed Galbraith up, Anderson was solid and perhaps the best defender on the field (not that the standard was set high) the rest never set the world alight, some not having time to do so.
  But we won, the hardest bit to achieve, lots have played well us included in past seasons and have lost. we are in the next round and that is all that matters, on to the next game, take the win and build on it.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 06, 2021, 08:55:31 pm by Pancho Regan »

And?

There’s no need for an ‘and’.
I’ve said it all.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 06, 2021, 09:33:12 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Glad to hear it.

I haven't.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 06, 2021, 10:27:44 pm by Campsall rover »
Glad to hear it.

I haven't.
No you have made that perfectly clear. You have said the same thing about 30 times so far. No doubt you will at least treble that.

Better get used to having RW as our manager because he ain’t going. He has just started a long term job.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 07, 2021, 02:24:38 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Bostock came off with a groin injury, RW isn’t sure how bad it is yet.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 11, 2021, 02:12:55 pm by Chris Black come back »
Richie now saying that Cam John, Taylor and Fejiri will still be out injured next week. Looks like no date yet for them to return still.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 11, 2021, 02:17:06 pm by GazLaz »
WTF is wrong with Fej and JT? Who is doing the rehab? Harold Shipman?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 11, 2021, 02:19:33 pm by roversdude »
I referenced on another thread a few days ago that I doubted they’d be back as all needed scans
If Richie is being told this week after week then questions need asking

TinyPortal © 2005-2012