Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:12:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mansfield game  (Read 6684 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Mansfield game
« Reply #30 on November 26, 2021, 10:52:25 pm by Donnywolf »
Mansfield

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 27, 2021, 06:55:04 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Blood & thunder cup tie.

I'll be enjoying it from the safety of a Christmas market.

Which one MR?

Lincoln! Hoping it's not as stressful as my usual Saturday.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 27, 2021, 07:59:29 am by Padge_DRFC »
It's arguably our biggest game of the season based on the January transfer budget and getting to round 3.

Does the whole fan base know it's a tenner and quid a kid?

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 27, 2021, 10:43:38 pm by Chris the Rover »
Was looking forward to this game, but worried now that it will turn out to be yet another embarrassment. How do we win a cup tie when we can’t hit the target? Or defend? This has got banana skin written all over it.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 27, 2021, 10:44:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Anyone feeling a bit less confident about this game? Mansfield won away again this week.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 27, 2021, 10:46:29 pm by scawsby steve »
I'm afraid it'll be feet up in front of the telly in the warmth next week for me.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 28, 2021, 08:17:07 am by Padge_DRFC »
Most important game of the season now and hope as many will get down as possible. January budget sounds like it relies on getting to the third round.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 28, 2021, 10:39:17 am by Plumbster »
Agree with all of this and, much as we all want RW to succeed,  I think (hope) that the Board will see it as a key to whether we stick with RW.  Win and he deserves another transfer window, but if as many suspect Mansfield show that we would struggle to be competitive in the bottom half of League 2, I think he should go, whatever the excuses.  I know RW’s defenders will point out that  there are always shocks in the cup but the point is it wouldn’t be a shock to us.  This has to be our most inept team in years, and the overriding emotions watching them are boredom and anger. I know that further change is destabilising but there has to be signs that RW can turn this around and, if we do get relegated, be able to get us back up.  If he can’t show the motivation and tactical skills to beat a League 2 team at home in such a huge game for us I think keeping him would be more of a gamble than making a change.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 28, 2021, 10:49:19 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The positive is that we are at home and we play a bit better at home and don't have such a bad home record overall. Can't see any other positives tbh so hopefully that will be the difference.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 28, 2021, 12:04:35 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Agree with all of this and, much as we all want RW to succeed,  I think (hope) that the Board will see it as a key to whether we stick with RW.  Win and he deserves another transfer window, but if as many suspect Mansfield show that we would struggle to be competitive in the bottom half of League 2, I think he should go, whatever the excuses.  I know RW’s defenders will point out that  there are always shocks in the cup but the point is it wouldn’t be a shock to us.  This has to be our most inept team in years, and the overriding emotions watching them are boredom and anger. I know that further change is destabilising but there has to be signs that RW can turn this around and, if we do get relegated, be able to get us back up.  If he can’t show the motivation and tactical skills to beat a League 2 team at home in such a huge game for us I think keeping him would be more of a gamble than making a change.

I think that’s a fair assessment of where we are & a fair judgement to make regarding RW’s capability as a manager to put out a Rovers side that can get a result, at home, against a mid table L2 outfit.

A defeat in a game in which a win could bring huge & much needed revenue into the club with the possibility of a big draw in the next round, would not only floor the fans but I feel would have a devastating & irreparable effect on the players.

Could RW pick them up for the challenges that lie ahead, I would fear not.

In my opinion, injuries or not, a defeat would cast serious doubt on RW’s competence as a coach.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 28, 2021, 12:27:40 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I notice that Mansfield regularly have a 'fans gallery' on their official site after each game. A photographer takes a load of photos of the fans and puts them on the website.

Then i look at our galleries after our games, like the Burton one on the DRFC website and no fans pictured. Why can't DRFC give a platform to fans, especially away who have travelled and express their pride and thanks to travelling fans by having a fans gallery?

Easy to do and makes fans feel a part of the club.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 28, 2021, 12:40:43 pm by ravenrover »
As I said to my Mansfield supporting pal
You only need to score 1 to win

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 28, 2021, 12:42:03 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
As I said to my Mansfield supporting pal
You only need to score 1 to win

We don't.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 28, 2021, 12:43:59 pm by ravenrover »
?
The "you" I was referring to in that conversation with my friend was obviously Mansfield
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 12:47:25 pm by ravenrover »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 28, 2021, 02:17:08 pm by Draytonian III »
I notice that Mansfield regularly have a 'fans gallery' on their official site after each game. A photographer takes a load of photos of the fans and puts them on the website.

Then i look at our galleries after our games, like the Burton one on the DRFC website and no fans pictured. Why can't DRFC give a platform to fans, especially away who have travelled and express their pride and thanks to travelling fans by having a fans gallery?

Don’t you have agree in person to have your picture published in a paper or magazine, also the taking photos of under 18s isn’t allowed unless parental consent is given.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 28, 2021, 03:15:24 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Don’t you have agree in person to have your picture published in a paper or magazine, also the taking photos of under 18s isn’t allowed unless parental consent is given.

Even if so, cannot this be done?

Anyway, i reckon if Mansfield come with a battling mindset and work rate they'll win. We are so fragile at the moment. We need a start like we got v MK Dons when we actually looked really good for the first 15 and the proceeded to look astonishingly bad for the remainer.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 28, 2021, 03:31:18 pm by Campsall rover »
It's arguably our biggest game of the season based on the January transfer budget and getting to round 3.

Does the whole fan base know it's a tenner and quid a kid?
Probably not. SHOUT IT OUT A BIT LOUDER so everyone can hear.

Must admit not seen any promotion of this game and prices. Our marketing is slipping also which is of a major concern.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 29, 2021, 04:14:26 pm by normal rules »
Stags won’t be short of support for this Sat. They have sold out their 3300 allocation. Looking at their forum they smell blood too and will be coming into the game with some confidence.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 29, 2021, 04:20:38 pm by normal rules »
Just looking at the online ticket selector for this sat game. It’s fair to say , this is not looking like the good people of Doncaster are captivated by this years FA cup so far.
The two blocks behind the goal In the ss have very very few tickets sold.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 29, 2021, 04:40:33 pm by idler »
I can’t be here on Saturday so I’ll make a donation to the club.
That way rather than getting a third of £10 they can keep the lot.
One less on the gate but more in the kitty.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 29, 2021, 04:42:32 pm by The Beast »
I’ve stuck up for
Just looking at the online ticket selector for this sat game. It’s fair to say , this is not looking like the good people of Doncaster are captivated by this years FA cup so far.

I’ve stuck up for the board and the club countless times but I’ve just been on the official website and it’s like there isn’t even a game going on on Saturday, never mind advertising the reduced admission, absolutely indefensible!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 29, 2021, 04:53:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I’ve stuck up for

I’ve stuck up for the board and the club countless times but I’ve just been on the official website and it’s like there isn’t even a game going on on Saturday, never mind advertising the reduced admission, absolutely indefensible!

Marketed the hell out of Bonfire night.

Absolute shambles. Always been crap at it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 29, 2021, 05:00:39 pm by Campsall rover »
This really is concerning.

What is the point in having reduced admissions in a game where everyone has to pay if it is not publicised. And publicised heavily.
What is the marketing Dept at the club doing. Not a lot it would seem particularly at a time we need to muster all the support we can get.

You just get the feeling the whole club has gone into some sort of malaise since the Covid epidemic surfaced.

Come on DRFC wake up. We need to get our act together sharpish both on and off the field.

This is the 1st time I have ever had a go at the off the field management but I think it is justified right now.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 29, 2021, 05:51:39 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Maybe a sticky for the week on this forum for starters? No point waiting on marketers at Rovers

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 29, 2021, 06:21:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Equally loads of STH like me won't be going.  Would I go if we were a better team? Yes I probably would.

When there's compromises and other things to do for people it's a tough sell cheap or not.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 29, 2021, 06:33:29 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It would be great to have a run in the cup and perform well, it might draw a few people to come again if they buy the tenner ticket. We need all the support we can get at the minute.
I actually think we will win both cup ties.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 29, 2021, 06:37:09 pm by The Beast »
If you’re not going to market it you might as well keep it a full price. Maybe it’s worth someone on here in contact with the club giving them a shake.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 29, 2021, 07:58:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Probably don't want a big crowd as it would suggest more would come at a lower price. However reading comments on here it's not price and some can't be arsed.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 29, 2021, 09:49:12 pm by rich1471 »
Probably don't want a big crowd as it would suggest more would come at a lower price. However reading comments on here it's not price and some can't be arsed.
I'm going,but after going to Burton I can why people would save their money after watching that shower of shit we had to watch ,a lot left at half time as well on Saturday

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 29, 2021, 10:13:16 pm by danumdon »
I'll be there and I'm expecting a win, the current situation we find ourselves in means this game will act as a pressure relief valve for the team, they will have a feeling of respite from the turgid league campaign which should subconsciously allow then to express themselves better. Who knows, they may even attempt to follow the game plan this week!!

What we need is our support to get out there and back the team, when the crowd have attempted to raise their effort at home this season there has been light at the end of the tunnel from the team.

All is not lost, two cup wins are there for the taking.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012