Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:01:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ‘Spider’ Redhead  (Read 1116 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
‘Spider’ Redhead
« on November 17, 2021, 10:50:47 am by Branton Rover »
After attending the youth game last night got us thinking back to the team who made it to the final against Arsenal back in the 80’s & I was telling my mate about Chris‘Spider’ Redhead, he literally thought I was making it up he had no memory whatsoever of Spider but I was telling him about him playing in midfield alongside Mark Rankine and he was a bit gangily in stature and had a bit of a gait that resembled a Daddy Longlegs - does anyone know what happened to the youth players of that era, obviously we know about Ranks, Rufus etc. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Re: ‘Spider’ Redhead
« Reply #1 on November 17, 2021, 11:18:30 am by belton rover »
Last I heard, he had his legs pulled off one by one and was then fed to Steve Beaglehole’s dog.

stevebarrass

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 17, 2021, 11:46:42 am by stevebarrass »
After attending the youth game last night got us thinking back to the team who made it to the final against Arsenal back in the 80’s & I was telling my mate about Chris‘Spider’ Redhead, he literally thought I was making it up he had no memory whatsoever of Spider but I was telling him about him playing in midfield alongside Mark Rankine and he was a bit gangily in stature and had a bit of a gait that resembled a Daddy Longlegs - does anyone know what happened to the youth players of that era, obviously we know about Ranks, Rufus etc. 
I thought he was a year or two later than the FA Youth Cup team? I think he was in the youth setup the same time as Robbie Stewart & Max Nicholson about 87, Ranks/Raven/Gaughan/Brevit had been promoted to the first team by then.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 17, 2021, 11:47:50 am by ctay »
I remember him well, wasnt that bad just not good enough at the time to make in to the first team regular. I remember a lad called Steven Vetch at the same time. Was Max Nicolson after that era?

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 17, 2021, 12:02:21 pm by Branton Rover »
Remember Max Nicholson being in first team approximately 89/90 he used to really put his foot through the ball as if he was trying to separate the ball from its casing.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 17, 2021, 12:14:26 pm by Wade Falana »
Redhead did make it onto one of the first team pictures during the Bremner days, he was one of the better lads of that era to be let go. Max Nicholson was their about the same time as was Robbie Stewart, Jason Copley-Dunn, Steve Veitch, Lee Lamont, Lee Slingsby and David Snowball.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 17, 2021, 12:28:08 pm by Campsall rover »
The FA youth cup finalists were 1988

Redhead was not in that team.
Those I remember are Samways, Brevett, Peckett, Raffell, Raven, Snowball, Rankine, Gaughan, Big lad up front can’t remember name. He went to Chesterfield I think.
Other 2 that played I have gone blank.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 17, 2021, 12:43:26 pm by Campsall rover »
Actually I think Lamont was in goal not Samways.
Slingsby and Stewart may have been on the bench don’t remember them starting in the final.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 17, 2021, 12:44:46 pm by Wade Falana »

Those I remember are Samways, Brevett, Peckett, Raffell, Raven, Snowball, Rankine, Gaughan, Big lad up front can’t remember name. He went to Chesterfield I think.

Neil Morris i think.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 17, 2021, 12:48:39 pm by Wade Falana »

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/rover-of-the-day-neil-morris/

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 17, 2021, 12:50:22 pm by Campsall rover »
My Stepson Mark Illman played in the 1989/90 team
Scored 19 goals in 21 games & Billy Bremner wanted to give him a 1yr contract but did not have the funds so was told on his 18th birthday
31st Aug 1990 he had to let him go.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 17, 2021, 12:53:00 pm by Campsall rover »

Neil Morris i think.
That’s him thanks.
Can’t believe i forgot that name as it was my Mothers maiden name.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012