Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:16:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bobby Faulkner  (Read 2653 times)

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
Bobby Faulkner
« on November 19, 2021, 01:56:02 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Signed a professional contract, well done Bobby.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/bobby-faulkner-signs-pro-deal/

Liam Hoden has also tweeted saying there’s a good chance he will be on the bench tomorrow.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Bobby Faulkner
« Reply #1 on November 19, 2021, 02:05:39 pm by roversdude »
From what I’ve seen it’s well deserved - obviously still a lot to learn but I don’t think he’ll let anyone down

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 19, 2021, 02:07:54 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Another Askern area lad signed up, becoming a bit of a hotbed for producing players

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 19, 2021, 02:10:35 pm by Filo »
Another Askern area lad signed up, becoming a bit of a hotbed for producing players

Who else has broke through from Askern?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 19, 2021, 02:11:31 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Branden Horton, family also from Askern area.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 19, 2021, 02:25:15 pm by Draytonian III »
Sam Hird

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 19, 2021, 02:45:30 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Adi Moses not for us, Barnsley Neil Illman played for us and a few others. Had a few from Askern area not quite make it, youth team players.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 03:43:55 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 19, 2021, 03:02:15 pm by RugbyRover »
Really pleased for the young lad.

Won't it be great looking at back line of:

Jones
Horton
Blythe
Faulkner

Just need a right back.

Might be in a few years mind :)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 19, 2021, 03:44:56 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 19, 2021, 03:55:06 pm by Campsall rover »
Adi Moses not for us, Barnsley Neil Illman played for us and a few others. Had a few from Askern area not quite make it, youth team players.
I will let you off but Neil Illman is my step son and from Campsall. Mark his older brother played for our U19s
Just a small technicality. I know you did say area.

Adi Moses who played with Neil for Norton Utd and Doncaster Boys also from Campsall.  Sam Hird from Campsall. Graham Rix from Campsall also. So i would say Campsall is a hotbed.  ;) 

Bobby Faulkner is from Norton. Branden Horton is from Askern.

But yes Askern, Campsall and Norton area has produced a lot of players in the recent past and in the more distant past also.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 04:57:11 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 19, 2021, 04:17:55 pm by drfchound »
Good business by the club here.
Obviously they recognise that Bobby could go on to be a good pro so have signed him before anyone else offers him a pro contract.
selby has been singing his praises to me about this lad for a while now.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 19, 2021, 04:19:43 pm by Campsall rover »
Excellent news on Bobby Faulkner.
He looked a very accomplished player at youth level on Tuesday.
Stood out as the best player on the park for me.

We are now producing a few players from the youth set up who look as though they have a genuine chance of making the 1st team in 2/3 years.

The big concern is the lack of a development team / U23s where there would be that progression between youth and 1st team.

I really think the club should do everything it can to get this reinstated asap.
It would be a terrible shame to not see these lads play for Rovers and end up somewhere else or fade away to non league football, due to not having regular, what basically is reserve team football to play week in week out.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 04:34:44 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 19, 2021, 04:21:06 pm by Campsall rover »
Good business by the club here.
Obviously they recognise that Bobby could go on to be a good pro so have signed him before anyone else offers him a pro contract.
selby has been singing his praises to me about this lad for a while now.
And me hound.  :)

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 19, 2021, 06:11:07 pm by South East Rover »

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 19, 2021, 06:15:32 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Really pleased for the young lad.

Won't it be great looking at back line of:

Jones
Horton
Blythe
Faulkner

Just need a right back.

Might be in a few years mind :)

Charlie Seaman?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 19, 2021, 06:50:56 pm by rich1471 »
I will let you off but Neil Illman is my step son and from Campsall. Mark his older brother played for our U19s

Adi Moses who played with Neil for Norton Utd and Doncaster Boys also from Campsall.  Sam Hird from Campsall. Graham Rix from Campsall also. So i would say Campsall is a hotbed.  ;) 

But yes Askern, Campsall and Norton area has produced a lot of players in the recent past and in the more distant past also.

played football with both mark and neil, Neil was at Middlesbrough the same time as ravanelli if my memory serves me right

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 19, 2021, 07:03:45 pm by selby »
  Paul Edmunds Leicester City, Paul Showler Bradford City also Askern lads

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 19, 2021, 07:05:59 pm by Campsall rover »

played football with both mark and neil, Neil was at Middlesbrough the same time as ravanelli if my memory serves me right
Ravenelli was after Neil left.
Pears, Cooper, Pallister and Mowbray, Ripley, Slaven we’re all their when Steve Beaglehole took him to Boro when he was 14th so old.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 19, 2021, 07:06:21 pm by firestarter »
The Illmans were a couple of years younger than me at school as was Adi.. Ian Wardle was another one who made it to pro level (Barnsley keeper).. although his career was ended by a nasty ankle injury. He was a Norton lad too

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 19, 2021, 07:58:41 pm by selby »
  Yes and I think Ian was an England age group international, i think he had a very bad injury playing at Port Vale for Barnsley.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 08:01:13 pm by selby »

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 19, 2021, 08:23:30 pm by rich1471 »
The Illmans were a couple of years younger than me at school as was Adi.. Ian Wardle was another one who made it to pro level (Barnsley keeper).. although his career was ended by a nasty ankle injury. He was a Norton lad too
his dad owned the paper shop in Norton next the chippy

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 19, 2021, 08:29:22 pm by Campsall rover »
We’re you at Campsmount then firestarter?
Mark was born in 72 and Neil in 75

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 19, 2021, 10:12:59 pm by firestarter »
I sure was Campsall.. am a Norton lad and I was born in 68. Yeah John was Ian’s sad Rich and was a character. Shame Ian’s injury curtailed his career as he’d just broken into the Barnsley first team

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 19, 2021, 11:06:42 pm by Draytonian III »
  Paul Edmunds Leicester City, Paul Showler Bradford City also Askern lads

Paul Showler was ex policeman

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 20, 2021, 09:52:06 am by selby »
  Back on subject, In my opinion Bobby Faulkner has the pace, size and ability to go a very long way in football, has a great family backing him and a personality that really wants to succeed as a footballer and is grounded as a person.
  If given a chance he will take it with both hands, and I think the fans will really take to him.
  The academy is now pushing on throughout the age groups, and without doubt is moving the bar higher all the time and I think we can expect as supporters to see more players coming through and reaching the standard required for scholars to be good enough to play first team football.
  Looking at the first team squad it is not doing bad now, and the manager at least looks willing to give players coming through an opportunity unlike some in the past who were loath to do so. 

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 20, 2021, 05:31:49 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

but apparently we missed him first time around ... it seems he was once on Lincoln's books as i said earlier

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 20, 2021, 06:20:05 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

but apparently we missed him first time around ... it seems he was once on Lincoln's books as i said earlier

We do miss a few ,but we’ve got him now .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 20, 2021, 06:41:09 pm by selby »
  The first time Bobby went to Lincoln was for the first game of the u18s season. CLH your a bit out try Fishlake Juniors, Askern Welfare, and Rossington United he has never played for Lincoln and the only academy he has played for is Doncaster Rovers and only for the last eighteen months. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012