Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:24:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Can we manage to scrap our way out

Not a chance while RW is manager
45 (33.3%)
Maybe with some additions in the window
70 (51.9%)
Yes the squad is good enough need a new manager
2 (1.5%)
Absolutely RW can turn it around
18 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Voting closed: November 30, 2021, 11:01:37 pm

Author Topic: Staying up  (Read 3978 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Staying up
« Reply #30 on November 24, 2021, 08:46:01 am by steve@dcfd »
Add to that Nick the hierarchy don’t care anyway the balance sheet is good.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 24, 2021, 08:50:46 am by since-1969 »
The Poll needs another option. Not a chance we're staying up. But it doesn't matter who's in charge.
The writing was on the wall when we couldn’t get players to come here at the start of the season and January will also be a pointless exercise (no pun intended)  as players of the type we need,  are just not going to jump ship from one club to just sink with another one !!

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 24, 2021, 09:05:01 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Agree.

We have to face that we are pretty much stuck with the same players for the foreseeable.

Therefore if the addition of new players won't be the answer in January under the same manager.

Another option is to replace the manager now and hope that a new face brings about a change in attitude and fortunes.

Final option is to stick with Wellens and hope. Not ideal after 4 months of abject failure.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 24, 2021, 09:15:21 am by dickos1 »
You two are the same person, having conversations with yourself.
You say it’s time to start blaming wellens, you started doing that the day he was announced as manager

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 24, 2021, 09:18:06 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
You two are the same person, having conversations with yourself.
You say it’s time to start blaming wellens, you started doing that the day he was announced as manager

Firstly you are talking b*llocks.

Secondly find the posts where i wanted Wellens out from day 1. You won't be able to.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 24, 2021, 09:21:49 am by dickos1 »
This was your first ever post,
So from day one you’ve pissed and whined about him,

Wellens needs to get a grip and start taking responsibility for his own players errors. Knoyle made the wrong decision to go to ground for the first. Dahlberg made a balls up with the catch and then made a balls up of the ensuing rescue mission to retrieve the ball. End of. Ref absolved from blame IMO yesterday.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 24, 2021, 09:26:51 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Wellens needs to get a grip and start taking responsibility for his own players errors. Knoyle made the wrong decision to go to ground for the first. Dahlberg made a balls up with the catch and then made a balls up of the ensuing rescue mission to retrieve the ball. End of. Ref absolved from blame IMO yesterday.

Rubbish. The Knoyle quote was from the Plymouth game where it was clear even then that Wellens was shit. I've never said that Wellens should be sacked after the AFC Wimbledon game have i? Find a post after the Wimbledon game where i wanted him sacked.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 24, 2021, 09:31:38 am by EasyforDennis »
Agree.

We have to face that we are pretty much stuck with the same players for the foreseeable.

Therefore if the addition of new players won't be the answer in January under the same manager.

Another option is to replace the manager now and hope that a new face brings about a change in attitude and fortunes.

Final option is to stick with Wellens and hope. Not ideal after 4 months of abject failure.

The manager isn't the problem. If we were to sack RW and bring in Jurgen Klopp he would be stuck with the same players and no money to spend.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 24, 2021, 09:40:35 am by DonnyOsmond »
I'm 100% of the opinion we have a comfortable League One budget, so shouldn't be bottom... however, when you restrict yourselves to only able to sign free agents or loans you limit the number/quality of players you can sign and in turn end up with square pegs for round holes. I'm starting to feel have we gone as far as we can with our current board? The club seems to be going through austerity and that never brings success. Anyone got Elon Musk's number? Alias was right, we are sleepwalking in to League Two, and in my opinion its a bit of everything, the manager, very poor recruitment and negligent owners.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 24, 2021, 09:41:41 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Agree.

The manager isn't the problem. If we were to sack RW and bring in Jurgen Klopp he would be stuck with the same players and no money to spend.

I agree but it might bring about some improvement. Enough to stay up.

As an example. Apologies to Cukur and i don't want to single him out again but he's a good example to highlight my point. This lad needs to be told to work harder and be motivated to do so by the manager. Wellens is not doing this.

Another manager might at least get Cukur to be more aware, play with more aggression and energy and thus help him and us in a small way. At least it would be improvement and a new manager might be able to glean some small improvements across the squad so that we can stay up.

I still think that overall, this squad of players has enough to stay up. There's a lot of dead wood in it and IMO a lot of players who simply aren't working hard enough but the latter can be improved with the right man manager. It is simply about changing the mindset and staying up now.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 24, 2021, 10:11:34 am by Colin C No.3 »
The problem with topics like this is that it gives the usual gang of ‘Negateers’ the opportunity to regurgitate the same sh*te they’ve been spouting since Ipswich turned us over.

‘The board don’t care, they want to see us in Lg2’.

‘The players are all Lg2 standard’

‘Wellens is c**p’.

since-1969, CDH, no eyed deer, pliskin & the others like you who know who they are, you’re all like little old women sat in the snug at The Rovers Return stirring the same old pot full of vile, negative, sickening, puerile posts.

You’re seemingly, no not seemingly, you clearly are relishing every defeat, every injury, every mistake the team suffers then can’t wait to get on this forum to trumpet ‘I told you’.

Well you’re telling me nothing.

There are clubs who would snap your hand off for a board & owners like ours willing to plough £millions into the club year after year but that’s not good enough so let’s ‘sack the board’ comes the pathetic retort time after bloody time.

Wellens has been hamstrung from day one at the club with covid related issues that robbed us of a pre-season, inheriting players that shouldn’t be playing professional football let alone Lg2 standard that because they’re so poor he’s been unable to move on (thanks to “I have a little black book” Moore), then he’s ‘presented’ with Fej, our only proven goal scorer left at the club who turns up with an injury so bad he’s yet to start training let alone playing!

Add Cameron John & Taylor to the mix of injuries (that still we accumulate) & you have a manager who must be tearing his hair out trying to get 11 red shirts on the pitch let alone get them working as a cohesive unit.

But it’s convenient to forget or ignore all that, much easier to add oil on troubled waters.

I don’t know if Richie is able to take the club forward or even, given where we stand due to all the reasons I’ve stated, be able to keep us in this division. I don’t know (& I suspect he’s beginning to wonder too given the hand he’s been dealt) & I won’t know until he has his full squad back fit & he’s been able to recruit in January.

Then I’ll judge him & any misgivings I have had prior to today was a one off knee jerk reaction born from frustration not co-ordinated, relentless, mindless attacks day after day after day.

Call yourself supporters, RTID, I don’t think so.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 24, 2021, 10:16:19 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
You don't get to call judge fans as supporters or not pal. You are a nobody.

To tell a season ticket holder that they aren't supporters just highlights your lack of intelligence.

Read my post after the Cheltenham game. It was mainly full of praise. The reason? Because we played well and gave something for the fans to cheer. Which is what footballers are paid to f**king do!!

There are negative people (realists) in the world. Deal with it.

PS: Stockport beat Bolton and they are a non league side. What is our excuse? Oh yes. Injuries. Load of cobblers.

You are probably the kind of person that will wait in pain for 5 years for an operation in the NHS and when you finally get it done you'll say, ' oh, well, at least it's done now'. Accept shitness if you want. Some of us don't want and have as much right to express that as others have to happy clap so do one.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:22:06 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 24, 2021, 10:26:43 am by Pancho Regan »

To tell a season ticket holder that they aren't supporters just highlights your lack of intelligence.

Read my post after the Cheltenham game. It was mainly full of praise. The reason? Because we played well and gave something for the fans to cheer. Which is what footballers are paid to f**king do!!

PS: Stockport beat Bolton and they are a non league side. What is our excuse? Oh yes. Injuries. Load of cobblers.

You call the previous poster a "nobody" with a "lack of intelligence" then you respond with that tripe?!

Your constant, unrelenting negativity renders your opinions worthless.
Get a room with Since-1969 and you can both moan to your hearts' content.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 24, 2021, 10:35:25 am by steve@dcfd »

You are probably the kind of person that will wait in pain for 5 years for an operation in the NHS and when you finally get it done you'll say, ' oh, well, at least it's done now'. Accept shitness if you want. Some of us don't want and have as much right to express that as others have to happy clap so do one.
Did you look at the Stockport side they have at least 4 ex league players in their side their wage bill will be bigger than ours they have no restrictions in the National league. Scott Quigley scored 25 goals for Barrow last year Paddy Madden was at Fleetwood midfield player was captain at Bolton last season and left to come to Stockport. We couldn’t afford those players.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 24, 2021, 10:41:56 am by no eyed deer »
The problem with topics like this is that it gives the usual gang of ‘Negateers’ the opportunity to regurgitate the same sh*te they’ve been spouting since Ipswich turned us over.

‘The board don’t care, they want to see us in Lg2’.

‘The players are all Lg2 standard’

‘Wellens is c**p’.

since-1969, CDH, no eyed deer, pliskin & the others like you who know who they are, you’re all like little old women sat in the snug at The Rovers Return stirring the same old pot full of vile, negative, sickening, puerile posts.

You’re seemingly, no not seemingly, you clearly are relishing every defeat, every injury, every mistake the team suffers then can’t wait to get on this forum to trumpet ‘I told you’.

Well you’re telling me nothing.

There are clubs who would snap your hand off for a board & owners like ours willing to plough £millions into the club year after year but that’s not good enough so let’s ‘sack the board’ comes the pathetic retort time after bloody time.

Wellens has been hamstrung from day one at the club with covid related issues that robbed us of a pre-season, inheriting players that shouldn’t be playing professional football let alone Lg2 standard that because they’re so poor he’s been unable to move on (thanks to “I have a little black book” Moore), then he’s ‘presented’ with Fej, our only proven goal scorer left at the club who turns up with an injury so bad he’s yet to start training let alone playing!

Add Cameron John & Taylor to the mix of injuries (that still we accumulate) & you have a manager who must be tearing his hair out trying to get 11 red shirts on the pitch let alone get them working as a cohesive unit.

But it’s convenient to forget or ignore all that, much easier to add oil on troubled waters.

I don’t know if Richie is able to take the club forward or even, given where we stand due to all the reasons I’ve stated, be able to keep us in this division. I don’t know (& I suspect he’s beginning to wonder too given the hand he’s been dealt) & I won’t know until he has his full squad back fit & he’s been able to recruit in January.

Then I’ll judge him & any misgivings I have had prior to today was a one off knee jerk reaction born from frustration not co-ordinated, relentless, mindless attacks day after day after day.

Call yourself supporters, RTID, I don’t think so.

Do you really think we want this club to fail ?

Do you really believe fans from Cheltenham and alike look at us we envy ?

You might accept whatever the board say, but some don’t !

The lack of investment at the beginning of the season is down to the board and not the manager and the position we are in is no surprise.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 24, 2021, 10:45:55 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

You call the previous poster a "nobody" with a "lack of intelligence" then you respond with that tripe?!

All opinions are worthless you simpleton.

We are all nobodies too. So that poster's superiority complex is misplaced.

Still doesn't change the fact that we are 2nd bottom of the league and Joe Dodoo has scored 1 league goal since he arrived.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 24, 2021, 10:51:08 am by DonnyOsmond »

Still doesn't change the fact that we are 2nd bottom of the league and Joe Dodoo has scored 1 league goal since he arrived.

We have the lowest number of shots in the league per 90 and the lowest number of shots on target per 90 by some distance, why do you think when the numbers are like that we'll have Dodoo or any other striker banging in a hattrick every game?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 24, 2021, 11:35:43 am by dickos1 »

Rubbish. The Knoyle quote was from the Plymouth game where it was clear even then that Wellens was shit. I've never said that Wellens should be sacked after the AFC Wimbledon game have i? Find a post after the Wimbledon game where i wanted him sacked.

Like I said that was your first post!
You’re even confusing yourself whether you posted as Douglas or since 1969

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 24, 2021, 11:56:17 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We started the game well, lucky pint was full of positive comments then we get a player sent off, lose three goals then all of a sudden that decent performance became the worst some have seen.

You look at our recent results, admittedly against weak opposition , and you see improvements in getting results but the performance hasn’t been there.

For a half against Bolton the performance was there, but a bad refereeing decision and two errors prevent us getting any points.
We actually played better in this game than others we won but got nothing.

There wasn’t a widespread condemnation of the manager when we were picking results up.
You have to realise in sport you don’t always get the results you deserve.

What we can do is bring more leaders into the dressing room. This side needs guidance to stay in a game by experienced players. We must look at the free market if we are to get through to January in touch with those above us.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on November 24, 2021, 12:20:05 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Ii feel so sorry for Agent CDH who SADLY (? or happily?) has never known good times For Rovers since he joined this site. 

I have just sent my Christmas wish of to Santa asking that he favours your every wish for the club (whatever that might be)

ever since he registered (this name) on the site Rovers have co-incidentally  :ohmy: been on a downer

Date Registered:
    April 21, 2021, 02:35:56 pm

and after being dormant for 5 months (the term is a sleeper agent) he started blitzing this site on September 20, 2021

and now has 804 posts in 2 months about 13.4 posts per day  (rising steadily)

The CDH virus certainly is rampant on this site 
as opposed to the CLH virus

Merry Christmas :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 24, 2021, 12:44:10 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Ii feel so sorry for Agent CDH who SADLY (? or happily?) has never known good times For Rovers since he joined this site. 

I have just sent my Christmas wish of to Santa asking that he favours your every wish for the club (whatever that might be)

ever since he registered (this name) on the site Rovers have co-incidentally  :ohmy: been on a downer

Date Registered:
    April 21, 2021, 02:35:56 pm

and after being dormant for 5 months (the term is a sleeper agent) he started blitzing this site on September 20, 2021

and now has 804 posts in 2 months about 13.4 posts per day  (rising steadily)

The CDH virus certainly is rampant on this site 
as opposed to the CLH virus

Merry Christmas :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

You do realise CLH that he’ll dive in & call you a simpleton or a nobody or ask you to kiss his face (I wonder if he includes his lips….best not go there).

He’s a man on a mission with very little vocabulary.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 24, 2021, 01:24:18 pm by GazLaz »
We started the game well, lucky pint was full of positive comments then we get a player sent off, lose three goals then all of a sudden that decent performance became the worst some have seen.

You look at our recent results, admittedly against weak opposition , and you see improvements in getting results but the performance hasn’t been there.

For a half against Bolton the performance was there, but a bad refereeing decision and two errors prevent us getting any points.

There wasn’t a widespread condemnation of the manager when we were picking results up.

What we can do is bring more leaders into the dressing room. This side needs guidance to stay in a game by experienced players. We must look at the free market if we are to get through to January in touch with those above us.

Are Taylor, Anderson and Rowe not leaders? Experience is the most over rated commodity in football. 

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 24, 2021, 06:47:52 pm by sha66y »

You do moan a lot don’t you?
Every single Rovers fan could moan like hell at the results and many of the performances………but they choose not to!
Instead they either keep their own council, or try to rationalise each defeat by pointing out a few positives………….you don’t , you are one poisonous fcuker that this club just wouldn’t miss………

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 24, 2021, 10:03:07 pm by Pancho Regan »

No, some opinions are worth reading, worth considering.
Not all opinions are worthless, just those of clowns like you.

Actually I’m genuinely pleased you called me a simpleton. It made me smile.
From now on, instead of getting a little hot under the collar when I read your tripe, I can actually laugh!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 24, 2021, 11:05:54 pm by Colin C No.3 »
To all who recognise CLH for what his ‘agenda’ is truly about, let’s not give his post’s anymore credence by responding to them, eh?

I think Coleman’s Left Hook has this guy’s measure so let his response be the final one to sum it all for us.

Incidentally, me & my brothers once spent a very pleasant one late afternoon after a Rovers match in the 80’s at The Rovers Bar next to Belle Vue (later to be sold off to the golf club) with Colin Douglas.

Having met, drank, laughed & enjoyed one another’s company for the best part of 2 hours, I was the first to leave & he stood up & held out his right hand which I grasped & shook as vigorously as I dare given I didn’t want to crack one of his fingers & be the one who had his hand strapped for the next game!

So CLH, even after all those years I well remember Dougie offering me his right hand to shake with his left hand on my shoulder as I left therefore CLH, if ever offered, your forum ‘name’ was/is dreamt up.

Much like your posts.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 24, 2021, 11:26:50 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Are Taylor, Anderson and Rowe not leaders? Experience is the most over rated commodity in football.

I think the opposite, experience is very under rated, Gaz. We have a glut of young players who if they had the right people around them, would do better.

The three you mentioned are experienced ,but the balance of young to older isn’t quite right yet.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 24, 2021, 11:51:18 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

You do moan a lot don’t you?
Every single Rovers fan could moan like hell at the results and many of the performances………but they choose not to!
Instead they either keep their own council, or try to rationalise each defeat by pointing out a few positives………….you don’t , you are one poisonous fcuker that this club just wouldn’t miss………

I go to games, support the team and then vent on here. Least i'm not venting at games as it would do no good. Players do not respond to abuse and negativity so there is no point in that at matches. The club misses all paying and supporting fans, whether you think otherwise or not.

I have as much right to vent and post my opinions on here as much as anyone and i will continue to do so.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 25, 2021, 10:28:17 am by DRCraig »
I keep saying, Richie will turn it around. Almost kidding myself we are not even in a relegation fight. Then another match goes by.....

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 25, 2021, 11:31:20 am by Upton Rover »
Only hope of avoiding the drop is to get a new manager in by January but no balls on the board

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 25, 2021, 11:39:54 am by Canadian Rover »
I'm tired of Wellens excuses...

They aren't reasons for losing this much. Is it Cantely Park is it the Keepmoat pitch? Well we seem to be losing games away from home in style.

We have no options from the bench - yet we have 2 players exiled (and we don't know why).

We should have been 3 goals up at Bolton (yet we only had one shot on target all game)

He wants Dodoo (after watching Ronaldo) to play the width of the 18 yard box - and yet plays him out wide the next game.

The referees are to blame and yet truthfully he's called  several decisions wrong when they were either very close or indeed correct.

He encourages players to pass the buck because he does himself.

It's time for Richie to quit or start taking some responsibility as he's supposed to be the leader and managing the club and situations.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012