Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:17:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Curkur  (Read 3545 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Curkur
« on November 24, 2021, 12:59:35 am by Campsall rover »
Why is he being used as a scapegoat by so many of our so called supporters.
I think it is disgraceful the treatment he is receiving on this site.
He turns 19 yrs old this month and people expect him to be the finished article.

RW only brought him to the club to be a understudy not a regular 1st teamer.
Circumstances have meant he has been playing much more than was originally intended.

If his confidence is low is it any surprise with the abuse he gets.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 01:05:23 am by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Curkur
« Reply #1 on November 24, 2021, 01:22:37 am by BillyStubbsTears »
It's frustration with our recruitment strategy. The lad is nearly half a season in and he still looks WAY short of the level required. Leaves you wondering what on earth we thought he was going to bring to the squad.

We've had some excellent loan signings in recent years, of 19 year old players. John-Jules, Ennis, Ramsey, Kane, Wilks, Richards all hit the ground running and looked the part. I accept that a year is a long time in players' development at that age, but Cukur feels like a signing that we really didn't think through, in a squad that we knew was going to be thin up front at best. I certainly don't agree with giving the lad stick and I hope he makes a decent player. But he's been a very, very poor signing for us.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 24, 2021, 01:28:55 am by Canadian Rover »
https://youtu.be/TK0-Jx6a4cA

He wasn't brought in to sit on the bench.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 24, 2021, 07:09:47 am by dickos1 »
Are you expecting the manager to announce his new signing by stating he’s just here to fill up the squad?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 24, 2021, 07:23:04 am by sedwardsdrfc »
When have we ever signed a loan player for them not to play? Other than Moore who signed too many to get in the squad. Watford won’t send him unless he’s playing and if he’s not we’ll be paying so much in extra loan fees that we could afford a decent striker of our own!

In Jan we have to send him back. Use whatever money he is costing us to sign someone better, we need better if we are to stay up.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 24, 2021, 07:40:11 am by normal rules »
He is 19 and fit. We expect to see some liveliness about him. Some spark. Some imagination and creativity. Some confidence.
I’ve seen none of this.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 24, 2021, 07:51:55 am by GazLaz »
He’s just not up to the standard. That’s obvious. Wellens will know this more than anyone.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 24, 2021, 08:29:29 am by Chris Black come back »
I get that not every EPL youngster will make it or be hugely impressive, but the Watford fans were saying he was their big hope from the youth ranks. Either they were taking the piss or something has gone badly wrong since August.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:18:28 am by Chris Black come back »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 24, 2021, 08:48:36 am by dickos1 »
When have we ever signed a loan player for them not to play? Other than Moore who signed too many to get in the squad. Watford won’t send him unless he’s playing and if he’s not we’ll be paying so much in extra loan fees that we could afford a decent striker of our own!

In Jan we have to send him back. Use whatever money he is costing us to sign someone better, we need better if we are to stay up.

We’ve never been left with half a squad but no funds to fill it.
Our only option to fill it was free loans and players without a job

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 24, 2021, 08:50:23 am by DonnyOsmond »
He's had about 2 decent games since being here, otherwise he's just come on and been sloppy with the ball, like a baby horse and has the mobility of a tank. It's pointless bringing him on when someone like Kuleya will bring more to the game.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 24, 2021, 08:50:53 am by steve@dcfd »

What wages do you think we contribute to Watford for him.
What wages do you think we will have to pay to get a better player.
Do you mean another loan player or permanent.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 24, 2021, 08:53:19 am by glosterred »
He’s the latest in a long line of Lewis Guy’s

COYR

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 24, 2021, 08:58:22 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
He is not a scapegoat. He is lazy. His positioning is poor. He fails to make runs. He plays with no energy. He barely shoots. He is cumbersome. He doesn't close down the opposition. He can't head a football. He doesn't attack crosses. The list is literally endless. He's 19 and should be busting his ass to impress and to forge a career for himself. I am genuinely lost for words with this bloke because his body language screams 'i really can't be arsed with this'.

He appears to have no obvious talent or aptitude for the game. He can't even be bothered to run.

The only thing he's half decent at is holding the ball up and laying it off.

It is about time we started blaming Wellens now because it is clear to all that bringing Cukur on will not change much and yet he keeps doing it and overlooking other young players for gametime.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 09:11:21 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 24, 2021, 09:10:16 am by Bezza »
Age is no excuse, and no excuse for not putting the effort in,

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 24, 2021, 09:35:32 am by EasyforDennis »
He is not a scapegoat. He is lazy. His positioning is poor. He fails to make runs. He plays with no energy. He barely shoots. He is cumbersome. He doesn't close down the opposition. He can't head a football. He doesn't attack crosses. The list is literally endless. He's 19 and should be busting his ass to impress and to forge a career for himself. I am genuinely lost for words with this bloke because his body language screams 'i really can't be arsed with this'.

He appears to have no obvious talent or aptitude for the game. He can't even be bothered to run.

It is about time we started blaming Wellens now because it is clear to all that bringing Cukur on will not change much and yet he keeps doing it and overlooking other young players for gametime.

Bloody hell I thought I could be negative at times but you take it to a whole new level.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 24, 2021, 09:42:23 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Bloody hell I thought I could be negative at times but you take it to a whole new level.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

So i'm wrong then? Please point out the wrong bits.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 24, 2021, 11:21:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »

No funds? You reckon Rowe, Knoyle, Hiwula, Close etc are playing for fun?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 24, 2021, 04:23:23 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

No. Thought not.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 24, 2021, 04:26:35 pm by dickos1 »

We were left with 7 players after Moore got rid of them and replaced them with loan players.
With what he blew on Bogle, Williams, bostock there wasn’t enough left to fill the squad with quality league one players.
We managed the 4 you mentioned, but other than that we had to fill a squad with no money

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 24, 2021, 05:42:52 pm by ForsolongaRover »
The thing about Cukur is that he does not seem to have improved since his first appearance v Wimbledon. He is a bit like Alfie May in that he tries to win fouls by pretending to be pushed, tripped, kicked etc. Alfie tried to do what Marquis did so well and never completely mastered the art. Cukur has not yet progressed to the Alfie standard.

He really ought to be getting better guidance and at his age improving markedly, but is anyone working with him?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 05:45:00 pm by ForsolongaRover »

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 24, 2021, 05:51:03 pm by goalkick »
Wished Alfie was was here instead of cukur.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 24, 2021, 06:24:16 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He’s just not up to the standard. That’s obvious. Wellens will know this more than anyone.

He chuffing signed him!

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 24, 2021, 06:44:59 pm by Lesonthewest »

It's not wrong, it's a bang on assessment  CDH. Factual rather than making players a 'scapegoat'. When I saw the thread title, I was hoping we had sent him back to his parent club early.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 24, 2021, 07:20:50 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

We were left with 7 players after Moore got rid of them and replaced them with loan players.
With what he blew on Bogle, Williams, bostock there wasn’t enough left to fill the squad with quality league one players.
We managed the 4 you mentioned, but other than that we had to fill a squad with no money

Agh been through this before i'm sure. We only had 7 players meaning we had more available budget for Wellens to spend. In theory as a new manager if your decent it's a better position to be in that inheriting a squad of 23 on 2-3 year deals from a previous regime. You can make it your own.

Of course the budget could be shite this year but i don't think it'll be in the bottom 5-6 of budgets and the noises coming from the club were along those lines i.e. not a play off budget but a consolidation season.

Have we seen enough on the pitch with the limited quality available to suggest Wellens is the right man for us long term. Right now thats a resounding no. Bolton game before their goal showed a glimpse which is about the only one there's been all season. Hopefully that's the start of better performances even if results are too much to expect right now with our squad as it is.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 24, 2021, 07:41:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »

We let Alfie go because he is a bottom half League One/League Two player and we had ambitions to be better than that and unfortunately now he'd get in our first eleven.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 24, 2021, 07:57:49 pm by Canadian Rover »
He gave one of the best performances we've seen from a forward this season at the Keepmoat.

I mean May not Cukur obviously.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 24, 2021, 08:23:04 pm by normal rules »
I went to the scummy cup game and got to see cukur quite close up. I was genuinely surprised at how big he is . Yet he seems incapable of putting it about so to speak.
Like a big teddy bear.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 24, 2021, 08:30:35 pm by wilts rover »
Wellens wont pick Bogle because he wouldn't do want he (Wellens) wanted.

Thereby just by being on the pitch Cukur is doing what Wellens is asking him to do.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 24, 2021, 08:38:46 pm by Goole Rover »
And Blair.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 24, 2021, 08:56:38 pm by mushRTID »
It’s not Cukur’s fault he isn’t good enough (yet).

For all the criticism I have seen of him, Iv never agreed with those saying he doesn’t put any effort it. I just don’t think he’s ready yet.

I would send him back in January and best case get some experience in to replace him. Worst case, take a chance on someone else and hope they offer us more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012