Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:00:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game  (Read 5748 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Burton Albion game
« Reply #30 on November 25, 2021, 01:46:11 pm by Campsall rover »
roversdude we are wasting our time looking for the positives. There are some on here who have thrown in the towel already. Only want to see negatives and quite frankly have not got the bottle for a relegation scrap.

Fortunately there are others like us who are the opposite and will always look for positives even in a negative situation.
As long as RW and all the coaches and players have that belief and positivity then we have every chance. I believe they have.

Jesus H. Have you heard yourself?

If i turn up to every home game and you do too. Then who has not got the bottle? Neither of us. Because we don't affect the actual games and therefore results. Such a pointless thing to say when we as fans can only turn up regardless.

If i was the ultimate of positive thinkers then it still would not affect whether we go down or stay up. Because we are no the ones playing football!!  :facepalm: :facepalm:
Great that’s ok then. Let’s all be negative. Great if every post was doom and gloom.

Well your wrong the supporters do have a part to play. Positivity from fans feeds over to the players.
Don’t tell me no football players ever go on football forums because I don’t believe that for one minute.
They probably are not encouraged to visit them for obvious reasons. Reading some of your posts and 1969’s posts for a start.
We as fans have a huge part to play in the teams success, we may not be the ones kicking the ball but don’t underestimate the influence supporters have on their team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 25, 2021, 02:09:08 pm by Campsall rover »
  The third of four away games coming after a disappointing game at Bolton (we again got a team out of sorts back up and running) and now we hit a team that had not had a win in four up to last night but got back on track with a comprehensive 4-0 win v Accrington, so will be full of confidence meeting us when we could be even more depleted through the suspension of Owulu.
  This is a big problem, do we play Rowe as an emergency central defender, or throw Blythe or Faulkner in. whoever does play will have his hands full against Jebbison on loan from Sheffield United and strongly wanted by supporters in the know here in pre season and looks like he would have been a good shout, And Smith who also cracked two in v Accrington.
  So they have got what we have not, players who know where the onion bag is. Last nights game I cannot comment on the first half  not seeing it, so missed the good bit, what I did see was lots of effort by ten men, but desperate play with no ambition or ability going forward. The work rate could not be faulted, attacking ability and controlled football were completely missing,Bolton at times,no great team themselves, looked two divisions higher quality than we did.
  Now we have to put it behind us and start all over again and try to put a little unbeaten run of results together.
   Are we capable of doing that?
   I would gamble on Faulkner playing, would you?
   Are any of our walking wounded likely to be fit enough to start?
   Are we capable of challenging Burton for the points?
   Are we capable of looking dangerous in the oppositions penalty area?
  Lots to discuss about this game, please have your say.
Not sure I would have the confidence to go with Faulkner just yet Brian. Yes he looked a very accomplished player in the youth cup last week, but it is a massive step up to the 1st team in League 1
I think we need all the experience we can get in that back 4 and would play Tommy Rowe in that position.
He did very well at Scunthorpe at centre back.
If he wants Rowe in midfield then i think Blythe will get the nod as he is surely ahead in the pecking order just at the moment, having already played some 1st team football.

Anyone know if Bostock is still out injured for this one? Hopefully Close is back and Hiwula also.

Think Jones has to keep the keepers jersey as he has done nothing wrong in the last 2 games.
RW May think differently we will have to see.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 25, 2021, 02:10:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
roversdude we are wasting our time looking for the positives. There are some on here who have thrown in the towel already. Only want to see negatives and quite frankly have not got the bottle for a relegation scrap.

Fortunately there are others like us who are the opposite and will always look for positives even in a negative situation.
As long as RW and all the coaches and players have that belief and positivity then we have every chance. I believe they have.

If i turn up to every home game and you do too. Then who has not got the bottle? Neither of us. Because we don't affect the actual games and therefore results. Such a pointless thing to say when we as fans can only turn up regardless.

If i was the ultimate of positive thinkers then it still would not affect whether we go down or stay up. Because we are no the ones playing football!!  :facepalm: :facepalm:
Great that’s ok then. Let’s all be negative. Great if every post was doom and gloom.

Well your wrong the supporters do have a part to play. Positivity from fans feeds over to the players.
Don’t tell me no football players ever go on football forums because I don’t believe that for one minute.
They probably are not encouraged to visit them for obvious reasons. Reading some of your posts and 1969’s posts for a start.
We as fans have a huge part to play in the teams success, we may not be the ones kicking the ball but don’t underestimate the influence supporters have on their team.

So can you explain why we sit 2nd bottom given that your positive thinking and vocal support at each game you have attended?

Surely this is an indicator that what you are saying doesn't actually work and is not true?

So it is not good enough now just to attend every game then? Now we all need to attend games when we are shit every week but also cheer and cajole for 90 minutes otherwise we don't have the bottle for the fight?

Earth calling CR.

You're like Donny's own Uri Geller.   :lol: :lol:

Think positive and we will win!! Keep saying it and it might come true.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 25, 2021, 02:14:18 pm by Campsall rover »

So can you explain why we sit 2nd bottom given that your positive thinking and vocal support at each game you have attended?

Surely this is an indicator that what you are saying doesn't actually work and is not true?

So it is not good enough now just to attend every game then? Now we all need to attend games when we are shit every week but also cheer and cajole for 90 minutes otherwise we don't have the bottle for the fight?

Earth calling CR.
What on earth are you talking about. You have totally twisted the point I was making. If you don’t understand what’s am saying then that’s your problem.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 25, 2021, 02:17:15 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Fans have turned up this season home and away and to be fair i haven't heard any abuse or booing and we sit 2nd bottom. What else can we do to influence results? Nothing. The players have got off lightly thus far IMO. Fair play to the fans.

On Burton. Met office forecast at 3pm is for 39 mph winds and feels like minus 2. Should be fun.  :ohmy:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 25, 2021, 02:19:30 pm by Campsall rover »
Well I will tell you this CDH thinking positive is a hell of a lot better than the opposite.

Without a positive frame of mind achieving anything in life is near on impossible.

So I am sticking with positivity and you can do the opposite if that’s what you want. Ok.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 25, 2021, 02:26:40 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Well I will tell you this CDH thinking positive is a hell of a lot better than the opposite.

Without a positive frame of mind achieving anything in life is near on impossible.

So I am sticking with positivity and you can do the opposite if that’s what you want. Ok.

And what if you have a mental illness and a different brain structure that means your brain functions in a certain way? ie a negative bias? Neurodiversity is fine, so long as it is positive, yes?  ;)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 25, 2021, 02:42:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
People moaning about Hiwula's and Dodoo's goalscoring record completely ignoring the fact we make the lowest key passes in the league. If the forwards aren't receiving the ball in decent areas they won't score. There was a chance against Lincoln where Dodoo had created space for himself to run into that would put himself one on one with the keeper, he just needed the ball putting into that space by Vilca but instead Vilca went backwards.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 25, 2021, 03:13:02 pm by Cramby10 »

good grief, could you be anymore self righteous. Give that halo of yours a polish.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 25, 2021, 03:27:13 pm by Campsall rover »

And what if you have a mental illness and a different brain structure that means your brain functions in a certain way? ie a negative bias? Neurodiversity is fine, so long as it is positive, yes?  ;)
Ok fine you have mentioned that in several posts. Genuinely sorry you have this condition, but don’t shout down people who are putting a positive slant Rovers current situation.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 25, 2021, 03:32:56 pm by Campsall rover »

good grief, could you be anymore self righteous. Give that halo of yours a polish.
So being positive is self righteous and means you have a halo.

Well I have heard it all now.

Sorry if it offends you cramby trying to be positive.

What a sad world we live in.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 25, 2021, 03:37:42 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Ok fine you have mentioned that in several posts. Genuinely sorry you have this condition, but don’t shout down people who are putting a positive slant Rovers current situation.

The way i see it CR is that i post my opinion (usually negative i admit for the reasons given) and then i get loads of abuse and criticism for having what others perceive as a negative opinion. I am only responding to intolerance from others. Sometimes this is more aggressive than need be but Sha66y called me 'poisonous' which is inflammatory, derogatory and plain untrue. He doesn't even know me. People become volatile and hostile when constantly criticised which is a natural reaction.

I post something negative. Someone posts something critical and negative about my post, and then i respond by posting something negative about their post and on it goes. It is childish stuff tbh but it is what it is i guess.

People are weird. Including myself. What can i say?

Thanks for the kind words about the illness CR.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:39:56 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 25, 2021, 03:40:09 pm by roversdude »
Negativity drains me but I genuinely think Richie will have us in a better position as a club than the previous 2 managers

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 25, 2021, 04:35:49 pm by Campsall rover »

The way i see it CR is that i post my opinion (usually negative i admit for the reasons given) and then i get loads of abuse and criticism for having what others perceive as a negative opinion. I am only responding to intolerance from others. Sometimes this is more aggressive than need be but Sha66y called me 'poisonous' which is inflammatory, derogatory and plain untrue. He doesn't even know me. People become volatile and hostile when constantly criticised which is a natural reaction.

I post something negative. Someone posts something critical and negative about my post, and then i respond by posting something negative about their post and on it goes. It is childish stuff tbh but it is what it is i guess.

People are weird. Including myself. What can i say?

Thanks for the kind words about the illness CR.
No problem CDH
Life is too short to be falling out with people unnecessarily, especially as we are all supposed to be Rovers fans.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 25, 2021, 04:48:38 pm by selby »
  Paul, that game was not unusual he has played like that all season, is bigger, stronger, and faster than Blythe and we will never know until he is given a chance.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 25, 2021, 05:13:29 pm by Campsall rover »
  Paul, that game was not unusual he has played like that all season, is bigger, stronger, and faster than Blythe and we will never know until he is given a chance.
Fair enough Brian. You have seen a lot more of him than I have. But as you know it is a big step up from youth football to League 1
If he is good enough then he is old enough.  As you say we will never know until he plays.

Do you think RW believes he can step up? You obviously do.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 05:35:18 pm by Campsall rover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 25, 2021, 05:44:36 pm by roversdude »
I’ve only seen him in pre season and the Youth Cup but he definitely seems as though he’d be ok with the physical side

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 25, 2021, 07:09:27 pm by scawsby steve »
Hopefully the red card is overturned and we have Close, Jordy and Gary back.
Can’t wait until Seaman is back fit to put some pressure on Knoyle who has largely disappointed me so far.
I’d give Barlow another run out as he’s impressed over the last couple of games
Can’t see that Jones has done much wrong in goal so as he currently has the shirt I’d stick with him, however I think he might be back on the bench. From what I’ve seen of Faulkner and Blythe I would have one of those in (assuming the red card stands) to let Rowe play further forward
Hopefully our forwards have shooting practice between now and the game

Gary?

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 25, 2021, 07:37:52 pm by andy didcott »
Looking forward to this one, must get an away win sooner or later.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 25, 2021, 08:18:14 pm by roversdude »
Hopefully the red card is overturned and we have Close, Jordy and Gary back.
Can’t wait until Seaman is back fit to put some pressure on Knoyle who has largely disappointed me so far.
I’d give Barlow another run out as he’s impressed over the last couple of games
Can’t see that Jones has done much wrong in goal so as he currently has the shirt I’d stick with him, however I think he might be back on the bench. From what I’ve seen of Faulkner and Blythe I would have one of those in (assuming the red card stands) to let Rowe play further forward
Hopefully our forwards have shooting practice between now and the game

Gary?

Vilca (he chose the name Gary)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 25, 2021, 09:05:54 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Forecast looks a bit grim. Seriously.

Now says a temperature akin to minus 3 and 41 mph gusts at kick off time.

For the fans it is time for the thermals.

For the players, our defence having to deal with balls into the box under those conditions doesn't fill me with confidence. Even less so when we barely put balls into the oppositions box either.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 26, 2021, 10:22:01 am by selby »
The beauty of football Colin is the unknown how a game will pan out, At Plymouth and Bolton we have played well and got beaten, in both games helped by officials decisions going against us, but we have to keep going and try and get something from this game.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 26, 2021, 03:43:37 pm by moses »
Has anyone parked at the Stadium parking before?
Was it Scunny style problems getting out after the match or just Keepmoat levels?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 26, 2021, 04:20:20 pm by ravenrover »
As you reach the ground there is a large round about, right goes to the ground but if you take a sharp right there is a little old industrial estate usually charges a fiver

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 26, 2021, 04:40:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The car park at the ground isn't the biggest so not that many cars to come out. Problem with this is that parking is limited, although there are some industrial units around the area like Ravenrover says.

I've been a few times with mates who are fans of smaller South West clubs and getting out of the ground was easy and didn't seem to take long, although smaller crowds obviously.

Also went with a Barnsley fan mate about 3 years ago where we parked in a factory car park on the left hand side, just before you reach the first roundabout at the ground as RR was referring to. Didn't have to pay either. Arrived just moments from kick off, just dumped the motor and into the ground.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 26, 2021, 07:29:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Only 1946 fans there on Tuesday for Burtons home game with Accy and prior to that, a saturday game against the well supported Charlton only dragged 3555. So crowd probably around the 3000 mark tomorrow i think given that the weather may put some off. Not great crowds for L1 although i know Burton aren't a big club.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 26, 2021, 09:09:25 pm by DaveDRFC »
Any chance of it being called off do we think given the horrendous weather forecast?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 26, 2021, 09:13:28 pm by drfchound »
I was hoping for a spell of cold weather, leading to frozen pitches, so we could play the matches later when we get players back from injury and new players in.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 26, 2021, 09:27:56 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Any chance of it being called off do we think given the horrendous weather forecast?

It will be ok. I'm about 15 miles from Burton and it is extremely windy at the moment and bitterly cold. Will be the same tomorrow but other than the strong winds causing bedlam for the players, there should be no concerns about a frozen pitch or anything. No snow forecast after the flurry expected here in the early hours.

Just be bloody baltic in the ground though! Wrap up folks. Winter is here.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 27, 2021, 06:12:30 am by Donnywolf »
Pub wise I used this as Car Park as well - opposite is lots of street parking and I parked there to start with. There was outside Bar but may not operate in winter,  but parking good for "getting away"

The nearest pub is probably the ‘The Beech Inn’ which is around a ten minute walk, up the A5121 Derby Road (going in the opposite direction to Burton town centre) on the left. You can also park your car there at a cost of £5.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012