Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:59:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Red card appealed  (Read 2725 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Red card appealed
« Reply #30 on November 25, 2021, 08:41:53 pm by roversdude »
Not competition specific misses Burton, Crewe and Mansfield

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 25, 2021, 08:43:52 pm by drfchound »
Not competition specific misses Burton, Crewe and Mansfield

Cheers. It must just be suspensions after accumulating yellows that is comp specific then.
I wasn’t sure.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 26, 2021, 10:35:04 am by ravenrover »
The big difference in the red card and the yellow for the foul on Taylor is that 8 or 9 of our players didn't immediately suurround that player screaming abuse and pushing and pulling opposition players around. We have no "mesters" in this team sadly.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 26, 2021, 10:50:02 am by GazLaz »
The big difference in the red card and the yellow for the foul on Taylor is that 8 or 9 of our players didn't immediately suurround that player screaming abuse and pushing and pulling opposition players around. We have no "mesters" in this team sadly.

The big difference was Joe tackled from behind and Jon what’s tackled from the side. The tackles are incomparable.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 26, 2021, 11:38:22 am by drfchound »
Gaz, it could be argued though that the tackle by Olowu was just plain silly and not reckless or dangerous but the one by the Lincoln player was premeditated and done to deny the opposition a chance to create a scoring opportunity.
Just saying like.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 26, 2021, 11:45:52 am by Filo »

The big difference was Joe tackled from behind and Jon what’s tackled from the side. The tackles are incomparable.

The tackle on Taylor was right in front of me, from the side at knee height, a lot worse that Oluwu’s tackle

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 26, 2021, 11:46:10 am by Barmby Rover »
If they suspended refs they would run out of them.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 26, 2021, 12:22:30 pm by GazLaz »

The tackle on Taylor was right in front of me, from the side at knee height, a lot worse that Oluwu’s tackle

I’ve just watched the tackle 10 times, certainly not knee high.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 26, 2021, 12:37:22 pm by dijit8 »
I saw the Birmingham player appealed his and that was also upheld.  Similar challenge to Olowu's

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 26, 2021, 04:05:19 pm by ravenrover »

The intent was still the same. So on the basis that it was from behiddoes that mean every deliberate ankle tap from behind that we see quite regularly will also merit a red? Not meant tp be malicious but still with same intent

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 26, 2021, 04:07:52 pm by GazLaz »

The intent was still the same. So on the basis that it was from behiddoes that mean every deliberate ankle tap from behind that we see quite regularly will also merit a red? Not meant tp be malicious but still with same intent

Tackles from behind are a classed differently to tackles from behind. They are extremely dangerous when carried out on a person running at speed.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 26, 2021, 04:11:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It might have been inconsistent to send Olowu off, but in my opinion, that should be a Red card on every occasion. There's now't worse in football than being hacked down from behind, in my opinion.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 26, 2021, 04:23:26 pm by ravenrover »

Tackles from behind are a classed differently to tackles from behind. They are extremely dangerous when carried out on a person running at speed.
So you agree with an ankle tap from behind meriting a red?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 27, 2021, 10:47:09 am by karldew »
It seems Owulu has his birthday off of work  :huh:

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 27, 2021, 03:47:22 pm by EasyforDennis »
It might have been inconsistent to send Olowu off, but in my opinion, that should be a Red card on every occasion. There's now't worse in football than being hacked down from behind, in my opinion.

On that basis Ben Close should have been red carded for his trip toda?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012