Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:44:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Interesting...  (Read 1492 times)

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
Interesting...
« on November 25, 2021, 03:36:24 pm by jamesrover17 »
Andy Butler
@butler__andy
Excuses are a well planned lie.

Sometimes it’s easier to blame than actually take responsibility.

#FoodForThought
#Deflection

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-needed-a-cultural-shift-insists-boss-3471019

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Interesting...
« Reply #1 on November 25, 2021, 03:41:37 pm by NickDRFC »
“I walked into a club that had won three or four games in 24 so the culture of the club wasn’t right”

Presumably with his 5 wins in 24 that culture is now fixed?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 25, 2021, 03:43:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Pleasingly it looks like they will get relegated.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 25, 2021, 03:45:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I do wonder what would we'd be like in an alternative reality where Butler was given the job.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 25, 2021, 03:45:56 pm by roversdude »
Changing culture doesn’t happen overnight believe me

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 25, 2021, 03:55:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Changing culture doesn’t happen overnight believe me

It might also be that RW is stuck with players he's trying to get rid because they who represent the negative culture he's trying to change...

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 25, 2021, 04:02:04 pm by roversdude »
Correct Glyn - American companies I have worked with used have a saying “change the man or change the man”

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 25, 2021, 04:08:44 pm by ForsolongaRover »
And I suppose that the”New Manager Bounce” is a total myth then, but who would dare contradict such philosophical guru as that of the DRFC manager.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 25, 2021, 04:12:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
And I suppose that the”New Manager Bounce” is a total myth then, but who would dare contradict such philosophical guru as that of the DRFC manager.

It's only a myth if you believe that every new manager gets a 'new manager bounce' regardless of any other circumstance.

I mean, if it were true, clubs would change managers every six weeks or so just to get a fresh new manager bounce.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 25, 2021, 05:50:40 pm by Donny Exile in York »
But of course to some on here last season and the results and performances have absolutely nothing to do with this season with a manager... even Wellens himself is suggesting it does!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 25, 2021, 05:52:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Clearly those two don't get on do they?  Who is right and who is wrong? Who knows?  But they both have horrendous records as manager.

I don't though see how saying this benefits Wellens and he's said similar in every job now hasn't he?  Got to question if it's a convenient excuse.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 25, 2021, 06:07:07 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure wellens has a horrendous record as manager. Not many managers ever win a league title never mind in your first few years as a manager

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 25, 2021, 06:34:47 pm by BigH »
That'd be the 'Title' where the league was suspended after 36 games with his team on the same points as second place.

Next you'll be saying that he led Salford to the Papa Johns trophy, a single game that was played a year after the original competition had been suspended.

But credit where it's due.

I do wonder whether RW might jump ship in the new year if relegation looks inevitable. After all he's got a CV to think about!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 25, 2021, 07:29:02 pm by scawsby steve »
“I walked into a club that had won three or four games in 24 so the culture of the club wasn’t right”

Presumably with his 5 wins in 24 that culture is now fixed?

Sorry to be pedantic, Nick, but it's actually 6 wins.

Still appalling though.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 25, 2021, 07:31:48 pm by scawsby steve »
Not sure wellens has a horrendous record as manager. Not many managers ever win a league title never mind in your first few years as a manager

His record with us is definitely horrendous.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 25, 2021, 07:38:54 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

It's only a myth if you believe that every new manager gets a 'new manager bounce' regardless of any other circumstance.

I mean, if it were true, clubs would change managers every six weeks or so just to get a fresh new manager bounce.

It does happen of course but often it doesn't. The new Barnsley manager got off to a flyer against Swansea last night i see...... :lol:

Appointing a new manager is a risk. As it sticking with an old manager who isn't getting the job done in the hope that he will turn it around. A crystal ball would be nice but i think generally, most fans can sense when things around the club have gotten a bit stale and a change is needed.

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 25, 2021, 07:45:19 pm by Pside »
Andy Butler
@butler__andy

#FoodForThought
#Deflection

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-needed-a-cultural-shift-insists-boss-3471019

His excuses are wearing thin now. Over half this team/squad wasn’t here last year, so how are they used to losing?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 25, 2021, 08:20:55 pm by GazLaz »

It is a myth.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 25, 2021, 08:25:45 pm by jamesrover17 »
Andy Butler
@butler__andy

#FoodForThought
#Deflection

His excuses are wearing thin now. Over half this team/squad wasn’t here last year, so how are they used to losing?

Unfortunately I think RW is succumbing to what a lot of us feared he would when he was announced, his mouth and interpersonal skills… Its no coincidence he has a worse disciplinary record than any of the players.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 25, 2021, 08:28:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's pretty clear that Wellens and Butler don't like each other. Just like it was clear that Rob Jones wasn't enamoured of Wellens back in 2014.

Three club legends. Horrible when your best friends fall out int it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012