Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:30:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Meet the owners  (Read 14265 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Meet the owners
« Reply #120 on December 13, 2021, 08:35:33 pm by Filo »
And now a catering question! :lol:
thought that would of come out before 7.10 tbf

He had to finish his burger first

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on December 13, 2021, 09:19:55 pm by roversdude »
What was the general atmosphere like
Questions seemed ok apart from the being lied to comment

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on December 13, 2021, 09:24:03 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Read Hoden's transcript most of the answers were is the GB interview the DFP had last week but i guess they can only answer the questions put to them and those are the ones on everyones mind.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on December 13, 2021, 09:33:20 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Read Hoden's transcript most of the answers were is the GB interview the DFP had last week but i guess they can only answer the questions put to them and those are the ones on everyones mind.

But why are they asking questions that were answered last week? It's a waste of everyone's time.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on December 13, 2021, 09:46:24 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
People appear upset in some ways because they don't like the answers. I'm not always sure what some want.

There's no super rich guy interested in buying Doncaster rovers and the guys there are doing what they think are the right things.  I think that's fair.

If you're outraged by that fine, but have a solution and be constructive about it.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on December 13, 2021, 10:03:26 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

But why are they asking questions that were answered last week? It's a waste of everyone's time.

That's what i'm saying really they can only answer the questions that are asked. GB's interview last week was well timed to get all the answers out there well ahead of time really

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on December 13, 2021, 10:21:19 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I don’t think anybody believes the board are taking any money out of the club, with regards to how the Whiteman money has been used.
My opinion is get the first team right on the pitch, then start building downward on facilities, staff, youth team etc. so far the team on the pitch isn’t right and of course the manager.

I understand them not wanting to get the managerial appointment wrong, but the process must be quicker. In football twenty four hours can be a long time, never mind three weeks.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on December 13, 2021, 10:34:05 pm by Canadian Rover »
Reading through the Q&A it seemed a bit of pointless event.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on December 13, 2021, 10:38:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Reading through the Q&A it seemed a bit of pointless event.
No question on the DoF position.

Never got the opportunity to ask. I was convinced there would have been loads of people wanting to ask about it.
I would have put my hand up if I thought it would not get asked. That will teach me a lesson to be more pro active.   ;)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on December 13, 2021, 11:34:41 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Well I hope that puts an end to all the griping against the board.

Those that were there had the opportunity to put their point across. I didn’t make the event (5 hour round trip to ask questions of a board i personally judge to be doing the very best it can for my club) but if you didn’t ask ‘your’ question, don’t waste time asking it now through this forum.

From the questions that were asked, a few were pertinent & were answered, it seemed to me, in a full & frank manner. Others when offered up the microphone, would have been better off striking up a song!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on December 13, 2021, 11:44:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
Read through the summary on the Free Press. Got to the end. Gave up all hope for humanity.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on December 14, 2021, 04:53:43 am by Avsuptem »
Owing to living 4,000 miles away I could not attend but having read the Free Press article a question occurs to me.
If the 3 owners do not take any money out does that mean Gavin Baldwin is working for free ? Similarly, if GB is an owner how much did he pay for his shares i.e. how much money has he put in ?
I believe the reallity is that GB is paid a nice fat salary for which he does an excellent job including fullfilling the role of spin doctor with consumate professionalism.
I saw no reference to the alleged millions per year that the owners are said to contribute only mention of the Club Doncaster model making DRFC a sustainable entity.
I am not bashing the Board here and applaud the fact that we have some stability, we as fans have no right to spend other people's money but a little more transparency and less spin would be welcome.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on December 14, 2021, 07:02:31 am by aidanstu »

People have lost the inability to think for themselves so just repeat what they have heard elsewhere; it’s the sorry state of society these days; reflected in Brexit, the choice of leader, view on immigrants and refugees and some people’ responses to Covid. I lost faith in society a long time ago.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on December 14, 2021, 07:27:51 am by BigH »
Owing to living 4,000 miles away I could not attend...

Call yourself a fan!

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on December 14, 2021, 07:46:03 am by Yargo »

People have lost the inability to think for themselves
Lost the inability to think for themselves!
That skill obviously belongs to pro EU'ers. Tell me which aspect of the institutionalised Thatcherite Moneterism that is engrained in the EU single currency do you most favour?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on December 14, 2021, 07:55:10 am by aidanstu »
If you think Brexit happened because of the monetary system your’e deluded. Any how I don’t intend to highjack this thread with Brexit. My point was people just simply repeat what they hear rather than being original in their views or questioning of events.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on December 14, 2021, 08:00:43 am by Yargo »
Ah another "pro EU'er" incapable of articulating which aspect of Ever  Closer Union they're in favour of. Have they lost the inability to think for themselves?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on December 14, 2021, 08:05:12 am by since-1969 »
I don’t think anybody believes the board are taking any money out of the club, with regards to how the Whiteman money has been used.
My opinion is get the first team right on the pitch, then start building downward on facilities, staff, youth team etc. so far the team on the pitch isn’t right and of course the manager.

I understand them not wanting to get the managerial appointment wrong, but the process must be quicker. In football twenty four hours can be a long time, never mind three weeks.
I agree that the board may not be taking money out of the club but by putting a lid on the funds available for each season , almost defines how that season will conclude ie if like this season they are saying it’s the 14th biggest budget then why are we not nearer that mark instead of 22nd , does it  suggest that the money spent already has been poorly spent or the finite amount spent by  clubs below 14th isn’t that different to be competitive enough to avoid a relegation battle and it’s still ultimately about your squads capabilities along with your managers!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on December 14, 2021, 08:06:38 am by Filo »

I agree that the board may not be taking money out of the club but by putting a lid on the funds available for each season , almost defines how that season will conclude ie if like this season they are saying it’s the 14th biggest budget then why are we not nearer that mark instead of 22nd , does it  suggest that the money spent already has been poorly spent or the finite amount spent by  clubs below 14th isn’t that different to be competitive enough to avoid a relegation battle and it’s still ultimately about your squads capabilities along with your managers!

Which of the questions on the night was yours?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on December 14, 2021, 08:08:23 am by aidanstu »
Ah another "pro EU'er" incapable of articulating which aspect of Ever  Closer Union they're in favour of. Have they lost the inability to think for themselves?

I’m more than capable Yargo; I just don’t think this is the time or space to do it. If you’d like to meet for a pint to have a civilised discussion about this I’m more than willing.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on December 14, 2021, 08:09:29 am by roversdude »

Did you not offer up your business case to spend THEIR money for them. Confirmed we are underperforming hence getting rid of the manager

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on December 14, 2021, 08:22:44 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

If you read either of the blogs from the event via the links in this thread, then you will see their answer to this question.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on December 14, 2021, 09:23:58 am by Metalmicky »

I'm sure they answered these questions last night

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on December 14, 2021, 09:24:54 am by Metalmicky »

Which of the questions on the night was yours?

I'm pretty sure he will have been otherwise engaged...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on December 14, 2021, 09:25:06 am by selby »
  I can't beleive that a question about how quick you can get a drink or a pie in the south stand is more important than us having a u23s side to bring players on and back up the first team.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 01:33:52 pm by selby »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on December 14, 2021, 10:15:21 am by Campsall rover »
It is was made quite clear that RW had a budget which is no 14 out of 24 in this league and he was allowed to spend it as he saw fit.
So no good blaming the board as we do not want a board that picks our football team. That is what a manager does.

It would seem false info was given to RW about Fejs  injury and possibly Taylor.
They were expected to be back in the team before the end of August.

Hence the lack of a striker signed early in the summer which in hindsight should have happened.

Rowe, Close, Hiwyla and Knoyle on the face of it were very good permanent signings. Yes Knoyle has underperformed but was considered to be the best RB in league 2 last season. Hiwyla has also underperformed.
Dahlberg, Galbraith were very good loans. Smith less so but is improving.

Williams it would seem is debatable signing as not looked good enough.
The loan signing of Cukur was a massive mistake but I do not think RW expected to have to start him in games when he signed him.
Dodoo who is not a proven goal scorer was then brought in as a desperation last min signing as we could not get Griggs or O Brien.
The others, Barlow, Gardener and Vilca were brought in to make up the numbers as we were short of a full squad. All are not good enough to be in the starting 11 at this level. Although Barlow and Vilca show some promise.

The Long term injuries to Fej, Tayls, John, Bostock and Close have really crippled us.

So the question is did RW use the budget wisely? Did his feud with Bogle and Ed Williams cause a problem with team spirit?

We will all have our own opinions. Do not think their are any definitive right or wrong views.

The info on Fej definitely has been the biggest factor in our current plight as we are desperate for a goal scorer.
But RW has imo put a mish mash of of a squad together with missing parts including the vital spine of the team.

Yes he was dealt a terrible hand with injuries but his recruitment was not great and his stubbornness and hot headed management style was not conducive to a good team spirit imo.
The fact is he had to go. The 2nd Crewe game was the final straw. The players had stoped playing for him. They were dead in the water.

We move on to better times hopefully.  Lessons learned?  From here we go one way or the other. 
The right manager recruited is absolute key.  We simply have to get it right.

Serious lessons on future recruitment need to be learned because quite frankly there has not been any joined up thinking ref recruitment since Grant McCann departed the club.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 10:46:45 am by Campsall rover »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on December 14, 2021, 11:52:17 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
  I can't beleive that a question about how quick you can get a drink or a pie in the south stand is more important than us having a u23s side to bring players on and back up the firdt team.

Probably the same swathes of folk i saw leaving their seats a full 8 minutes before half time against Shrewsbury to get a pie.

Why the **** would you pay for a ticket and miss 8 minutes of the game just so you can have a pie?! Beggars belief.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on December 14, 2021, 12:10:08 pm by Campsall rover »
  I can't beleive that a question about how quick you can get a drink or a pie in the south stand is more important than us having a u23s side to bring players on and back up the firdt team.

Probably the same swathes of folk i saw leaving their seats a full 8 minutes before half time against Shrewsbury to get a pie.

Why the **** would you pay for a ticket and miss 8 minutes of the game just so you can have a pie?! Beggars belief.
Because if you go and get in the queue after the half time whistle then you will miss even more than 8 mins of the 2nd half.

My question is why do so many people want to queue for substandard over priced food at all. Crazy.

I bought my Grandson some chips before the start of the game a few weeks ago ( yes the 1st and last time I will do it at the Keepmoat or EP stadium) and was given 7 chips for £2.60 so i complained and got a full tray full.
Simple answer bring your own snacks with you to the match. Vote with your feet don’t queue to buy overpriced rubbish and miss 10 mins football. 
I go to watch the match not stand in a queue in the concourse.  Why people pay good money to do that is beyond me.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on December 14, 2021, 01:16:24 pm by Metalmicky »
If you eat or drink either before you leave or en route to the game, you should be able to survive until full time without missing any of the match and without suffering the crappy queues at the Eco Power stadium...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012