Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:23:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omicron ?  (Read 4937 times)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Re: Omicron ?
« Reply #90 on December 08, 2021, 09:19:00 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
When was the last time that Boris made an announcement and it was good news and something to look forward to?

It usually means more OTT over reaction and more restrictions.

Yes indeed. God forbid some highly transmissible virus curtails your door to door carol singing this year.

It isn't going to.  :santa: :santa:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on December 08, 2021, 09:20:17 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
When was the last time that Boris made an announcement and it was good news and something to look forward to?

It usually means more OTT over reaction and more restrictions.

I thought it was good news that the government are coming down more heavily on drug dealers, even if some people think it is a minor crime.

They 'say' they will, but like anything with this Government - it won't actually happen. Although they'll waste loads of taxpayers money in the process.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on December 08, 2021, 05:47:13 pm by sha66y »
I always thought Neil Oliver was more interested in promoting his own image rather than The Coast programme he fronted.

Some things never change, except that here he's espousing conspiracy theories that the gullable, like Axholme Lion, not only swallow but trumpet.

Is your Earth flat AL?

No, but i bet yours would be if the powers that be and their SAGE puppets told you so. I didn't hear much of a  conspiracy theory, just a calm, reasoned assessment of the situation.
Try thinking for yourself rather than being a sheep.

Also i think you'll find gullible is the correct spelling.

Thanks for the spelling lesson.

I’d do anything to avoid being in a situation where I was struggling so hard to get a next breath panic sets in, it’s not what you need but it’s a natural phenomena (I checked the spelling). To feel your body going into ‘shut down’ because you can’t physically draw oxygen into it is not a place you want to be, & if your loved one/s are there to witness that ‘scene’, horrible.

I wouldn’t wish that on anyone & if there is a vaccine that had the capacity, even if you caught the virus, to ensure you wouldn’t have to endure such a terrifying ordeal, why wouldn’t you take it?

Do you seriously believe all what you just wrote?
These viruses will continue to morph and the scientists in their labs will continue to tell  those still listening that they are highly contagious,

So what the hell was the all the fuss about being double jabbed and boostered for….

This virus will have another dozen names over the next few years, and varying degrees of infection will be attributed,

you can sit and cower in your house with all your government approved restrictions in place, but don’t try and guilt those who don’t quite believe the hype

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on December 09, 2021, 08:33:59 am by Ldr »
The more mutations the better, inevitably they get more infections but less deadly, it’s how virus survive

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on December 09, 2021, 10:34:32 am by sha66y »
Apparently as of this morning there has not been one death from this new virus……..globally

Hence the worlds back in lockdown……I guess the meek shall inherit the earth!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on December 09, 2021, 10:52:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Apparently as of this morning there has not been one death from this new virus……..globally

Hence the worlds back in lockdown……I guess the meek shall inherit the earth!
You do know people don't drop dead of COVID the moment they catch it?

Come back in a month and re visit this comment.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on December 09, 2021, 11:03:29 am by Ldr »
Still down here but to be expected. Only 1 trust but I can monitor on a daily basis which is more up to date than published figures so I’ll keep an eye on our local ones

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on December 09, 2021, 11:40:42 am by roversdude »
I’m not downplaying the virus etc but has Plan B been introduced to deflect the Xmas Party uproar

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on December 09, 2021, 12:25:11 pm by Sprotyrover »
Is Germany still in D wave?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on December 09, 2021, 12:42:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
In South Africa, the cases are doubling every 3.5 days or so which is a very frightening rate. To put it in perspective, the first Omicron cases were only idnetified just over 2 weeks ago.

On 21 Nov, they had just over 500 new positive cases as a 7 day average.

By 30 Nov that was up to over 2,500.

By yesterday, that was over 13,000.

That's a 25 fold increase, or about 4.5 doublings in 17 days. That's on a par with what we had back in March 2020 before the first lockdown.

In the UK, we already have a very high number of Delta cases every day - about 50,000 per day at the moment. So our numbers won't double as quickly as that, as Omicron currently makes up only a few hundred or a couple fo thousand of those. What's expected to happen between now and Xmas is that the new Omicron cases will grow rapidly, and the Delta cases will fall off. Total daily cases might go to 70-80k by then. Then the key thing is how fast Omicron cases grow with the Plan B controls. And of course, how many of those infections end up in hospital.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on December 09, 2021, 01:10:23 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I always thought Neil Oliver was more interested in promoting his own image rather than The Coast programme he fronted.

Some things never change, except that here he's espousing conspiracy theories that the gullable, like Axholme Lion, not only swallow but trumpet.

Is your Earth flat AL?

No, but i bet yours would be if the powers that be and their SAGE puppets told you so. I didn't hear much of a  conspiracy theory, just a calm, reasoned assessment of the situation.
Try thinking for yourself rather than being a sheep.

Also i think you'll find gullible is the correct spelling.

Thanks for the spelling lesson.

I’d do anything to avoid being in a situation where I was struggling so hard to get a next breath panic sets in, it’s not what you need but it’s a natural phenomena (I checked the spelling). To feel your body going into ‘shut down’ because you can’t physically draw oxygen into it is not a place you want to be, & if your loved one/s are there to witness that ‘scene’, horrible.

I wouldn’t wish that on anyone & if there is a vaccine that had the capacity, even if you caught the virus, to ensure you wouldn’t have to endure such a terrifying ordeal, why wouldn’t you take it?

Do you seriously believe all what you just wrote?
These viruses will continue to morph and the scientists in their labs will continue to tell  those still listening that they are highly contagious,

So what the hell was the all the fuss about being double jabbed and boostered for….

This virus will have another dozen names over the next few years, and varying degrees of infection will be attributed,

you can sit and cower in your house with all your government approved restrictions in place, but don’t try and guilt those who don’t quite believe the hype
You keep well.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on December 09, 2021, 04:04:21 pm by Nudga »
I’m not downplaying the virus etc but has Plan B been introduced to deflect the Xmas Party uproar

It's the other way round

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on December 09, 2021, 05:37:07 pm by normal rules »
We could be a handful of mutations away from this virus ceasing to exist. Or alternatively, we could be a handful of mutations away from the unthinkable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012