Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 02:57:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Team  (Read 7398 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Team
« Reply #120 on December 27, 2021, 02:50:32 pm by tyke1962 »
There is no way this Board will stump up for quality signings - that opportunity was in the summer!

We are clearly nowhere near league 1 standard.

It's getting players to come too Alan with the position you are in .

Not easy mate .

Interesting viewing for me with more than one eye on next season and the standard in league one .

Difficult to judge Sunderland on today's showing because with all due respect Rovers didn't lay a glove on em .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on December 27, 2021, 02:55:04 pm by phil old leake »
I know we weren’t good today but everything went wrong at the wrong time

Conceded an early penalty and nearly held on to half time.  Then conceded late in the half which basically finished the game

If we had gone in at 1 nil the second half may have been difficult.

Then to concede again in the first few minutes of the second.

At 3 nil down with a half still to play I thought at times we did ok.  Obviously Sunderland were by far the better team but I didn’t think on that performance with some additional far better forward players and the likes of Anderson and Galbraith back that we are beyond saving

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on December 27, 2021, 02:55:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
There is no way this Board will stump up for quality signings - that opportunity was in the summer!

Not easy mate .

Interesting viewing for me with more than one eye on next season and the standard in league one .

Difficult to judge Sunderland on today's showing because with all due respect Rovers didn't lay a glove on em .

Have a look at the team we put out. Barely any football league games amongst the lot of them.

I still question the mentality of some players.  Dodoo and hiwula just jog around they have ability but don't show it.  The defence has had zero protection all year so hard to judge them but the forward line is awful. Remember wellens saying hiwula and dodoo would make a big difference....

Overall it seems amazing how many are injured and you have to question just how so many can't get fit or seem to be unable to make a comeback.  What's happening with Taylor for example?

There's a few players in there with ability most do not.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on December 27, 2021, 02:57:07 pm by normal rules »
Even if money was literally no option, of the quality players available, who would want to come to a team in decline. ?
The Griggs debacle has shown this as plain as day.
I fully expect to be utterly underwhelmed by any new signings.
The new manager , whoever he is, is taking on a poisoned chalice IMO.
My positive thought is that we will hopefully be able to compete next season in lge 2.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on December 27, 2021, 03:01:16 pm by tyke1962 »

Not easy mate .

Have a look at the team we put out. Barely any football league games amongst the lot of them.

I still question the mentality of some players.  Dodoo and hiwula just jog around they have ability but don't show it.  The defence has had zero protection all year so hard to judge them but the forward line is awful. Remember wellens saying hiwula and dodoo would make a big difference....

Overall it seems amazing how many are injured and you have to question just how so many can't get fit or seem to be unable to make a comeback.  What's happening with Taylor for example?

It's amazing when you are struggling just how many players you get in the treatment room and they seem to remain there far longer than they do when you are up at the top end of the league .

It's a very selfish profession to say the least .

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on December 27, 2021, 03:02:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
Ben Close
Tom Anderson
John Bostock
Ethan Galbraith
Jon Taylor
Cameron John
Fejiri Okenibihrie
Charlie Seaman

All would have started today.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on December 27, 2021, 03:06:37 pm by steve@dcfd »
Nothings changed with the performance or result we have a weak inexperienced squad. Announcing the new manager will not change the team. The most important announcements will the quality players who we are bringing in early January and hopefully a vast improvement on the injury situation. If we have to continue with the team/ squad we’ve got today, and it not the individual players fault, through January we will be relegated who ever is the manager.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on December 27, 2021, 03:08:10 pm by steve@dcfd »
Ben Close
Tom Anderson
John Bostock
Ethan Galbraith
Jon Taylor
Cameron John
Fejiri Okenibihrie
Charlie Seaman

Yet none of that is mentioned on the TV or news outlets about the amount of injuries we have had.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on December 27, 2021, 03:09:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
I’m not running up the white flag but we are fairly likely to go down this season. Better to bring in one or two decent players this window, than another group of panic buys. We’ve made our bed this season and have to do our best to lay down.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on December 27, 2021, 03:39:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
How can we have players lined up when  We don’t even have a manger appointed?

I'd expect people to criticise if we DIDN'T have players lined up!

Did you listen to GMs last interview?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on December 27, 2021, 04:07:02 pm by sha66y »
If the selling point for our recruitment is that we want to win the league2 title next season
we should be able to get some decent league1 cast offs, and some promising league2 hopefuls to set that in motion…..

There are very good players in league 2 that will miss out on promotion and maybe see aRovers as a good bet!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on December 27, 2021, 04:14:30 pm by normal rules »
If the selling point for our recruitment is that we want to win the league2 title next season
we should be able to get some decent league1 cast offs, and some promising league2 hopefuls to set that in motion…..

There are very good players in league 2 that will miss out on promotion and maybe see aRovers as a good bet!

I suspect that is exactly where we will be shopping come the window.
One or two players will not turn this season around now.
Happy to be proved wrong.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on December 27, 2021, 04:27:30 pm by scawsby steve »
Ben Close
Tom Anderson
John Bostock
Ethan Galbraith
Jon Taylor
Cameron John
Fejiri Okenibihrie
Charlie Seaman

Yet none of that is mentioned on the TV or news outlets about the amount of injuries we have had.

The Sky commentator today, Steve, said that we had some big players missing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 04:34:20 pm by scawsby steve »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on December 27, 2021, 04:40:38 pm by scawsby steve »

Not easy mate .

It's amazing when you are struggling just how many players you get in the treatment room and they seem to remain there far longer than they do when you are up at the top end of the league .

It's a very selfish profession to say the least .

Dead right, Tyke. I can remember Mourinho publicly calling Luke Shaw out for the same thing, suggesting that he didn't have enough enthusiasm to get himself fit after injuries.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on December 27, 2021, 04:46:41 pm by Chris the Rover »
Our young players did themselves proud today, in my opinion. They give 100 percent and you can ask no more than that. They will fight for the team, the manager and the supporters, come what may. It’s some of the senior players who annoy me - lack of effort and commitment. I don’t need to name names!

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on December 27, 2021, 06:34:29 pm by Upton Rover »
Our young players did themselves proud today, in my opinion. They give 100 percent and you can ask no more than that. They will fight for the team, the manager and the supporters, come what may. It’s some of the senior players who annoy me - lack of effort and commitment. I don’t need to name names!
I think most of these young players would if they work hard have a future in L2 at best, can’t see any of them progressing any better than were they are at the moment

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on December 27, 2021, 06:39:24 pm by mushRTID »
Hiwula and Dodoo as two alleged first team players, have been as shite a signings as I can ever remember.

Awful the pair of them.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on December 27, 2021, 07:46:19 pm by Pancho Regan »
It must be an extremely tough watch for the Rovers faithful .

Difficult to see any positives to be honest .

I understand it's a make shift team out there and some of those young lads look totally lost .

The young lad who made the challenge for the Sunderland penalty just cried out of a lack of experience and the second goal too when everyone totally switched off .

The unfortunate thing is that Sunderland haven't had to do a right lot to lead 2-0 .

Your sanctimony isn’t welcome.
Personally I’m fed up with your encroachment on this site.
Sod off back to the Barnsley forum and start preparing for relegation.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on December 27, 2021, 09:52:39 pm by drfchound »
It be was a penalty. The most ineffective starting 11’s I think we’ve seen this century

Please don’t take this the wrong way Colin but “it be was a penalty” sounds so much like a quote by Yoda from Star Wars.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on December 27, 2021, 09:56:44 pm by Dutch Uncle »

I understand it's a make shift team out there and some of those young lads look totally lost .

The young lad who made the challenge for the Sunderland penalty just cried out of a lack of experience and the second goal too when everyone totally switched off .

The unfortunate thing is that Sunderland haven't had to do a right lot to lead 2-0 .

Pancho my friend this must be the very first time I have ever disagreed with anything you have said.

Tyke is in my eyes always welcome here, he is fair minded and constructive, and gives a viewpoint from another club which can be valuable.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on December 27, 2021, 10:01:14 pm by BVB »

Disagree and a bit harsh - don’t think he’s being sanctimonious at all - just the guy’s opinion to which he’s entitled - just like yours - and this forum is not a closed shop.

Always healthy to get a view from outside, and I think he’s not far off.

Cheers
BVB

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on December 28, 2021, 01:47:51 pm by scawsby steve »
I like Tyke's views, both on here and in off-topic.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on December 28, 2021, 02:03:25 pm by Campsall rover »

Pancho as Dutch said I am flabbergasted by that riposte at Tyke. Your a top contributor to this site so what brought that on.
It is good imo to have the opinions of supporters of other clubs. They can see it differently looking in from the outside so to speak.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on December 28, 2021, 02:27:22 pm by selby »
  It is nothing to do with the subject matter Tyke commented on, which was bang on by the way, its the fact it is Tyke that commented, and Pancho doesn't like him or others with a different political view to his on off topic and would like nothing better than to cancel him and others on here.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on December 28, 2021, 02:36:23 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Please can we stop criticising Pancho, one of our own. The comment is not typical of him, and as Campsall says, he is a top poster on here.

If I started criticising every poster whose views I don't like I would be rightly banned in no time.  :blush:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on December 28, 2021, 02:53:09 pm by Donnywolf »
Well put DU

I always enjoy the contributions of both Pancho and Tyke .... on the main Forum

... I largely ignore off-topic now as people have totally opposite views on major issues and I have said I would never waste time any more on there as it would be almost impossible to change certain peoples views and as difficult for them to change my views .... so I just dont bother now

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on December 28, 2021, 03:02:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Well put DU

I always enjoy the contributions of both Pancho and Tyke .... on the main Forum

... I largely ignore off-topic now as people have totally opposite views on major issues and I have said I would never waste time any more on there as it would be almost impossible to change certain peoples views and as difficult for them to change my views .... so I just dont bother now
I am going to try to take your lead on that one Wolf.  Off topic at times makes this football forum look like a kindergarten.
Best to keep away as it’s toxic most of the time and no one has any respect for anyone else’s views.
We should keep the two completely separate.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on December 28, 2021, 04:17:44 pm by tyke1962 »
I only commented because I saw the game , if I hadn't I wouldn't have done .

To be honest I can reconcile with what's currently playing out at Rovers this season because I'm equally watching the same rubbish over here .

I share everyone's frustrations and I know how it currently feels to be a long way from good enough right now .

I saw in a number of Rovers players yesterday exactly what I've witnessed this season , leader less , absolutely no threat up front with mistakes at the back leading to the opposition not having to do a right lot to claim three easy points .

Your a mirror image of ourselves .

Its bloody painful .

Pancho's hurting I get it .

Thing is so am I .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012