Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:08:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FFS Announce the new manager  (Read 13251 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: FFS Announce the new manager
« Reply #30 on December 27, 2021, 04:27:11 pm by drfchound »
Back as a player ?
It’s what is needed at the back. Big time.
The very same Butler that watched on while Charlie Wyke nodded 4 into our Net unopposed ,last season at Stadium of Light.

Of course Anderson wasn’t culpable for any of them.

Do you mean Wright? Anderson didn't play that game.

Yes, of course.
I was checking whether you were taking any notice.  :chair:

(Technically I was right though that Anderson wasn’t culpable).

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 27, 2021, 04:35:53 pm by eastender »
Back as a player ?
The very same Butler that watched on while Charlie Wyke nodded 4 into our Net unopposed ,last season at Stadium of Light.

Anderson , he wasn't even on the Bench.
If your going to contribute at least do some home work.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 27, 2021, 04:39:12 pm by BobG »
Was World War 1 a mistake?

BobG

Been on the sherry have we?

No. I was referring to a well known joke that, clearly, you don't understand.

Cheers

BobG

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 27, 2021, 05:30:58 pm by drfchound »
Back as a player ?

Anderson , he wasn't even on the Bench.
If your going to contribute at least do some home work.

Sorry sir.
I have already excused myself above….. if that is ok with you of course.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 27, 2021, 05:40:53 pm by Upton Rover »
If they appoint McSheffrey that will tell me everything I need to know. Someone who will accept being given hardly any funds for players.
One or two players greatly underestimated what we need.
He’s done a decent job so far, but he is not the man for the job at this time. They don’t want to go out of their comfort zone if they appoint him.
The club and is the fans pay in the end.
agree with that

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 27, 2021, 06:08:46 pm by Janso »
If they appoint McSheffrey that will tell me everything I need to know. Someone who will accept being given hardly any funds for players.
He’s done a decent job so far, but he is not the man for the job at this time. They don’t want to go out of their comfort zone if they appoint him.
agree with that

Of course you do.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on December 28, 2021, 03:53:52 am by BobG »
Lol!! I knew you would get it Brian!!

BobG

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 28, 2021, 06:49:29 am by coventryrover »
I wish people would wake up and smell the coffee.     With our player situation Klopp would struggle .

Our lead striker has barely played a game.   With Bogle and Doodoo we haven't got that mobile option. We haven't had a consistent spine.    We have chopped and changed keeper.    Our midfield has been decimated.       This is the worst I have seen it, for absentees, in 40 years.   

Get behind whoever is answer.   If we go down, get behind the club

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 28, 2021, 08:27:23 am by Alickismyhero »
I wish people would wake up and smell the coffee.     With our player situation Klopp would struggle .

Our lead striker has barely played a game.   With Bogle and Doodoo we haven't got that mobile option. We haven't had a consistent spine.    We have chopped and changed keeper.    Our midfield has been decimated.       This is the worst I have seen it, for absentees, in 40 years.   

Get behind whoever is answer.   If we go down, get behind the club

I totally agree.

I fully support the new manager ,the club whatever league we end up in.

"Once a Rover always a Rover"

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 28, 2021, 08:48:54 am by The Beast »
It is McSheffrey, don’t know what the delay is with the announcement, unless they want to announce it with a couple of new signings for the PR???
Don’t know if he’s what we need right now but from what I hear he’s a top bloke and comes across as intelligent when you hear him speak, obviously he’s got something about him, was the youngest player to play in prem when he made his debut for Cov.
I know there’s people on here who’ll say he’s the cheap option but if there’s nobody who’s done enough in the interview process to force the boards hand then we might as well go with what we’ve got.
Let’s get behind him! RTID

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 28, 2021, 08:59:05 am by normal rules »
If it’s gm, why was there an announcement that two of the candidates had previous prem experience.
It would just feel like the whole thing has been a charade.
Unless those prem candidates have seen the light and smelt the coffee.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 28, 2021, 09:07:22 am by ditch_drfc »
It is McSheffrey, don’t know what the delay is with the announcement, unless they want to announce it with a couple of new signings for the PR???
Don’t know if he’s what we need right now but from what I hear he’s a top bloke and comes across as intelligent when you hear him speak, obviously he’s got something about him, was the youngest player to play in prem when he made his debut for Cov.
I know there’s people on here who’ll say he’s the cheap option but if there’s nobody who’s done enough in the interview process to force the boards hand then we might as well go with what we’ve got.

The fact he was the youngest player in the prem has nothing to do with how well he can manage. We need a manager with substance, someone who has been around a few clubs and knows their way around a club. We can't stick it all on red so to speak and hope for the best with someone so inexperienced.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 28, 2021, 09:08:18 am by The Beast »
I would expect a lot of managers have got some Premier league experience, whether it’s been as a youth coach or whatever. Maybe a journalist just wanted some titbits for a story.
Maybe the Managers with this experience did not impress in the interview.
One of my major concerns is who’s going to take over the youth team. If GM and FS are such outstanding candidates, surely we’ll struggle to replace them in their present roles.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 28, 2021, 09:10:27 am by The Beast »

The fact he was the youngest player in the prem has nothing to do with how well he can manage. We need a manager with substance, someone who has been around a few clubs and knows their way around a club. We can't stick it all on red so to speak and hope for the best with someone so inexperienced.
I didn’t say it made him a good manager, I just said he’s obviously got something about him, self belief, a winner!

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 28, 2021, 09:12:32 am by Fal »
It will make a mockery of the whole process if it’s taken this long to announce the guy that was in charge anyway.

The board will only tell you what they want us as fans to hear, remember dickovs comment about the fact he was told to tell the fans to appease us that we have a top six budget.

This is more or less the same, came out and made out we have had some serious interest only to announce the person with the least experience. I really do wish the board would actually come out and say the truth rather getting the fans backs up.

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure there was candidates who when presented with the budget and the squad were thinking no way.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 28, 2021, 09:14:23 am by colincramb »
If it is GM, then good luck to him but he’ll need to set us up much better than he did yesterday otherwise we’ll be changing manager again in 6 months. Gaps as wide as the channel all over the place, my nephews under 15s team could have played through them.

I’m hoping the players at his disposal in midfield yesterday weren’t able to follow his instructions because they aren’t  tactically aware enough (which is a different issue) rather than GM being very tactically naive yesterday.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 09:16:35 am by colincramb »

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 28, 2021, 09:15:27 am by The Beast »
He’s obviously done enough at the club in his time there to convince the board that he’s the man for the job. Whoever they appointed people on here wouldn’t be happy. People saying Warnock and Mick Mc, that’s never happening, there’s a massive gulf between people’s expectations and our reality as where we are at as a club.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 09:28:08 am by The Beast »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 28, 2021, 09:17:47 am by since-1969 »
“Not the man for the job at this time”?
There isn’t a manager in the country who could do a job under these present circumstances of injuries and covid  and to get results with this  squad of players .
 Add  together the utter indifference of the board who earlier said that we were not in a relegation fight , along with their financial constraints,   his task would require up to date knowledge of the players and what it’s deficiencies ,  McSheffrey and Sinclair would meet that , at least until the end of the season .

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 28, 2021, 09:25:45 am by The Beast »
If it is GM, then good luck to him but he’ll need to set us up much better than he did yesterday otherwise we’ll be changing manager again in 6 months. Gaps as wide as the channel all over the place, my nephews under 15s team could have played through them.

I’m hoping the players at his disposal in midfield yesterday weren’t able to follow his instructions because they aren’t  tactically aware enough (which is a different issue) rather than GM being very tactically naive yesterday.

Agree it was woeful and the score line flattered us but I don’t think you can judge the management on yesterday’s performance, there’s perhaps only 2 players in the team who are league 1 standard, 5 players who’ve graduated from the youth team who are not yet conference level in my opinion and Jordy and Dodoo who are I don’t know what. Against a team with probably the best squad in the division. Totally men against boys, I don’t think there’s any manager in the world who could’ve got us a point.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 28, 2021, 09:31:32 am by drfchound »
If it is GM, then good luck to him but he’ll need to set us up much better than he did yesterday otherwise we’ll be changing manager again in 6 months. Gaps as wide as the channel all over the place.

Agree it was woeful and the score line flattered us but I don’t think you can judge the management on yesterday’s performance, there’s perhaps only 2 players in the team who are league 1 standard, 5 players who’ve graduated from the youth team who are not yet conference level in my opinion and Jordy and Dodoo who are I don’t know what. Against a team with probably the best squad in the division. Totally men against boys, I don’t think there’s any manager in the world who could’ve got us a point.

Sadly, all of the above is true.
I have deleted the bit I don’t agree with from one of the posts.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 28, 2021, 09:35:07 am by steve@dcfd »
I agree with that brief analysis Beast. But when we come to play Morecambe we will have the same players. Galbraith should be available but that’s it. So will we be able to beat Morecambe away from home with the team / squad whoever gets the managers job.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 28, 2021, 09:40:19 am by anton123 »
The board are so clueless about the football situation they probably planned to beat Sunderland then announce Garry Mac after game (as if we had a chance of beating them ) . Now there like shit that didn’t go to plan and will probably start the process again

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 28, 2021, 10:04:28 am by DonnyOsmond »

A few of them haven't been available due to Covid so even Guardiola would struggle to get ideas into the players with only a couple hours work.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 28, 2021, 10:07:06 am by The Beast »
I agree with that brief analysis Beast. But when we come to play Morecambe we will have the same players. Galbraith should be available but that’s it. So will we be able to beat Morecambe away from home with the team / squad whoever gets the managers job.
No, I very much doubt it. Even with Anderson I doubt we’d get a result no chance without.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 28, 2021, 11:02:04 am by Campsall rover »
I agree with that brief analysis Beast. But when we come to play Morecambe we will have the same players. Galbraith should be available but that%u2019s it. So will we be able to beat Morecambe away from home with the team / squad whoever gets the managers job.
If we do not beat Morecambe away then who will we beat away this season steve. They are shipping goals at the moment and we have to go there and get 3 points.

A defeat would be disastrous and leave us on the precipice.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:59:15 am by Campsall rover »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 28, 2021, 11:25:32 am by Copps is Magic »
I agree with the above comments about shape. You can judge McSheffrey on shape at a very simple level - how did he ask the players we had (whatever level they are) to 'set-up' on the pitch? For the first 20 minutes we had Hiwula, Doodoo and Rowe way too high up the pitch, barely getting a touch of the ball (I think skysports showed a graphic saying Doodoo had 1 (one) after about 20 minutes). The wing backs were way too wide and Smith was alone chasing the ball like a mad-man in front of the back 1? 2? 3?. At least McSheffrey recognized this in his post-match interview, but to say there was massive gaps across the pitch was an understatement.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on December 28, 2021, 11:35:13 am by Filo »
If you were a neutral looking on yesterday I thunk your conclusions must be that Hiwula is awful and lazy, couldn’t trap a bag of sand, Doddoo is awful and lazy gets smaller when trying to head a ball, Ravenhill is out of his depth, Horton and Knoyle are average at best, Blythe is not ready

Bogle is twice the player than what Hiwula and Doddoo is and got a lot of stick for Wellens freezing him out

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 28, 2021, 11:45:46 am by Sprotyrover »
What was it Brian Clough used to say ? for a successful team you need a top quality Goalie, Centre Half and Centre Forwards that is what we need to be bringing in to the side.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 28, 2021, 11:58:20 am by Prez »
If you were a neutral looking on yesterday I thunk your conclusions must be that Hiwula is awful and lazy, couldn’t trap a bag of sand, Doddoo is awful and lazy gets smaller when trying to head a ball, Ravenhill is out of his depth, Horton and Knoyle are average at best, Blythe is not ready

Bogle is twice the player than what Hiwula and Doddoo is and got a lot of stick for Wellens freezing him out

I knew they were bad, (strikers) but yesterday they were on another level. Throw Cuker with Doddoo and Hiwula and i think they have scored 3 goals between them in over 50 league appearances.

Wtf was Wellens doing signing these frauds?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 28, 2021, 12:05:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
Bogle won more headers in 45mins yesterday than Dodoo and Cukur have together won all season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012