Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:45:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordy Hiwula  (Read 10166 times)

Batleyred

• Forum Member
Re: Jordy Hiwula
« Reply #90 on January 09, 2022, 04:56:08 pm by Batleyred »
The depths people go to excuse shocking performances. Now this forum has diagnosed him with clinical depression! With zero evidence at all other than he's woeful and disinterested in doing the job he's paid to do.

The only person destroying his career is Jordy Hiwulu himself.

I said if he has. I hope to god he hasn’t got mental health issues. I’ve suffered for over 20 years  and it’s horrid to live with. Sorry for maybe being a bit understanding instead of the useless crappy abuse players get. No one knows what is the problem with the player. Remember players are human as well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 09, 2022, 05:02:34 pm by ditch_drfc »
Obviously if he's having mental health issues then we'd all want him to get better - same as any injury. But let's face it this supposed mental health issue has been plucked out of thin air with no evidence for it.

I'm not abusing him, and didn't boo him yesterday, but I really think his lack of effort brought those boos on himself.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on January 09, 2022, 05:15:50 pm by Colin C No.3 »
‘If’ his problems are related to the mental side of performing as a professional footballer isn’t that why we employed Copps, someone who understands the pressures of being in the ‘spotlight’ & thus be able to help the younger players?

I know it can be more complex than that. Just asking the question.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on January 09, 2022, 05:17:08 pm by Batleyred »
Obviously if he's having mental health issues then we'd all want him to get better - same as any injury. But let's face it this supposed mental health issue has been plucked out of thin air with no evidence for it.

I'm not abusing him, and didn't boo him yesterday, but I really think his lack of effort brought those boos on himself.

I’d agree it may have been plucked from thin air but it is a possible issue. I watched him yesterday and he reminded me of myself, how I could not be arsed to try and save my own business even from going under. You can paint a picture from a person’s body language imo.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 09, 2022, 05:21:03 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Strange one with hiwula, I think personally…. He has the work rate, last few games he has been up and down both ends of the pitch, but clearly he has zero confidence which then hampers any ability he does have. A case for that would be the shocking touch at one point in the game yesterday. I’ve zero doubt with a bit of confidence that touch would have been under control and flying towards the net.

I think (maybe to late) with the right players around him, we could see a completely different play.

If we can shore up the middle / defence and give him the support, I do think we can get goals and assists out of him, but with how fragile the team is at the minute, any little mistake is almost always punished and push’s players further into their shells.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 09, 2022, 06:11:11 pm by drfchound »
The depths people go to excuse shocking performances. Now this forum has diagnosed him with clinical depression! With zero evidence at all other than he's woeful and disinterested in doing the job he's paid to do.

I haven’t seen anyone diagnose him, only suggestions that he might have problems.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on January 09, 2022, 06:28:43 pm by ravenrover »
There was at one point in the 1st half yesterday almost a constant shout of Jordy go forward Jordy track back Jordy go wide etc from Sinclair
That must be embarrasing for a professional footballer.
Someone said earlier there was sarcastic cheering when he was brought off it most definitely wasn't sarcastic it was great relief
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 07:10:29 pm by ravenrover »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on January 09, 2022, 06:34:40 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Football is a team game, there are ten others on there. Nobody will tell me this guy hasn’t got talent, he has had a decent career. Something has gone wrong, covid, mental health, loss of a family member. Someone as good as him doesn’t deteriorate like he has. He’s a player I’ve always wanted us to sign.
Confidence must be shot as well. Probably a guy who needs help.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on January 09, 2022, 06:35:55 pm by Jonathan »

I haven’t seen anyone diagnose him, only suggestions that he might have problems.

Exactly. I think people are trying to be fair on him rather than default to saying he’s shit, which he’s obviously not otherwise he wouldn’t have had the career he’s had. He’s one of our players and I want to see the best of him, which we very clearly aren’t at the moment.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on January 09, 2022, 06:36:05 pm by swain_drfc »
Football is a team game, there are ten others on there. Nobody will tell me this guy hasn’t got talent, he has had a decent career. Something has gone wrong, covid, mental health, loss of a family member. Someone as good as him doesn’t deteriorate like he has. He’s a player I’ve always wanted us to sign.

Something has gone wrong. He couldn’t give a monkey’s toss about Doncaster Rovers, that’s what has gone wrong. The guy is arrogant.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 09, 2022, 06:47:26 pm by Batleyred »

Something has gone wrong. He couldn’t give a monkey’s toss about Doncaster Rovers, that’s what has gone wrong. The guy is arrogant.

Are you not more arrogant just presuming ?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on January 09, 2022, 07:20:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »
That touch, he was probably more in shock he was receiving the ball inside Fleetwood's half from one of our players.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on January 09, 2022, 07:40:20 pm by PDX_Rover »
I must admit, I’ve been harsh on him. Clearly he has talent. I remember him playing against us and thinking he’s a player I’d like at Rovers, and I was excited when we signed him.

I hope he is able to get whatever he needs to find his mojo.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on January 09, 2022, 07:50:22 pm by Canadian Rover »
So we now have fans criticising fans for criticising players...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on January 09, 2022, 07:53:11 pm by drfchound »
I think we have always had that.
Only yesterday there was a chat about Bostock.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on January 09, 2022, 08:12:36 pm by Jonathan »
So we now have fans criticising fans for criticising players...

And fans criticising fans for criticising fans for criticising players.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on January 10, 2022, 01:51:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He will get a goal in the next few games, then his confidence will pick up. He is a good player at this level, something not quite right with him so far.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on January 14, 2022, 09:06:07 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I think the reaction by some Rovers fans to Hiwula being subbed against Fleetwood was warranted. I feel it is a bit predictable to be throwing out mental illness as a reason for his lacklustre performances this season but obviously it can't be ruled out.

For now though, what we have to go on is that Hiwula is simply not worth a place in the side, even given our personnel crisis and a good run of games on the bench might do the trick. Depends what type of character he is.

Cukur won't be stinking the place out with his casual approach to playing so that leaves Hiwula, who is perhaps the only other player that i feel isn't putting in any effort. Dodoo does try, he's just very limited but i'd rather have workrate and nothing else than nothing else and nothing else, which is what Hiwula gives us.

So will Agard start tomorrow along with Dodoo and Bogle and will GM bench Hiwula?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012