Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:37:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 24711 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #30 on January 04, 2022, 09:07:11 am by normal rules »
There is a poll on owls talk at the moment and 75% want him sacked.

And on an much sourer note, the admin on there is having to step,in to deal with racism direCited at Moore online. There was allegedly racis5 abuse hurled at him at Shrewsbury by his own supporters too. This from their forum admin

I've had to delete around (not exact number) 20 posts relating to his race in the last 24 hours

And about 5 relating to his religion

Then countless relating to his vocal tick

Have deleted three accounts on here for pure racism towards the manager in the last 24 hours

To say I've had my work cut out is an understatement
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 09:11:21 am by normal rules »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 04, 2022, 10:16:30 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
There is a poll on owls talk at the moment and 75% want him sacked.

And on an much sourer note, the admin on there is having to step,in to deal with racism direCited at Moore online. There was allegedly racis5 abuse hurled at him at Shrewsbury by his own supporters too. This from their forum admin

I've had to delete around (not exact number) 20 posts relating to his race in the last 24 hours

And about 5 relating to his religion

Then countless relating to his vocal tick

Have deleted three accounts on here for pure racism towards the manager in the last 24 hours

To say I've had my work cut out is an understatement

Disgusting.

DRCraig

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 04, 2022, 11:22:06 am by DRCraig »
I would not want him back because of his lack of loyalty.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 04, 2022, 11:53:20 am by normal rules »
Interestingly , more want rid of Moore than they do chansiri. Not that he can be sacked of course. That speaks volume s.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 05, 2022, 07:35:41 am by aidanstu »
Wouldn’t want him back.  I felt things started to go down hill before he left and the Owls were a get out for him

Things started to go downhill after Whiteman were sold; Moore probably left as a consequence.

No. Wednesday were tapping up Moore in mid-December.

Whiteman wanted to go. Nothing that anyone at the club could do about that.

Moore - decent coach but doesn’t have what it takes long term to manage. And boy did he sign some clunkers.

Both Moore and Whiteman were under contract; the club had the option to keep them both; they chose not too. Whether you agree with the merits of it or not is irrelevant; the power and the law was always with the club.

To sell Whiteman; who had years left on his contract, for the price they did at the time they did showed a complete lack of ambition; if Moore was unsure what to do that would have helped make his mind up.

Almost everything the club has done since the sale of Whiteman has shown a complete lack of ambition; I am absolute convinced the club didn’t want promotion last season; understandable in the circumstances given; Covid, the HMRC debt and the increased budget that would have been needed, but I wish someone would just come out and say it.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 05, 2022, 07:46:55 am by DearneValleyRover »
Wouldn’t want him back.  I felt things started to go down hill before he left and the Owls were a get out for him

Things started to go downhill after Whiteman were sold; Moore probably left as a consequence.

Moore - decent coach but doesn’t have what it takes long term to manage. And boy did he sign some clunkers.

Both Moore and Whiteman were under contract; the club had the option to keep them both; they chose not too. Whether you agree with the merits of it or not is irrelevant; the power and the law was always with the club.

To sell Whiteman; who had years left on his contract, for the price they did at the time they did showed a complete lack of ambition; if Moore was unsure what to do that would have helped make his mind up.

Almost everything the club has done since the sale of Whiteman has shown a complete lack of ambition; I am absolute convinced the club didn’t want promotion last season; understandable in the circumstances given; Covid, the HMRC debt and the increased budget that would have been needed, but I wish someone would just come out and say it.

The club did not choose to sell Whiteman. Whiteman signed an extension to his contract based on if a club came in for him in the Championship he wanted to play for the club wouldn’t stand in his way making sure the club got a fee for him but hey don’t let the truth get in the way of a good old club bash

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 05, 2022, 08:12:36 am by roversdude »
I’m sure there would have been a clause in Whiteman’s contract that if an offer of £xx pounds was received or from a club in leagues above then he could go

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 05, 2022, 09:13:29 am by aidanstu »

The club did not choose to sell Whiteman. Whiteman signed an extension to his contract based on if a club came in for him in the Championship he wanted to play for the club wouldn’t stand in his way making sure the club got a fee for him but hey don’t let the truth get in the way of a good old club bash

Any evidence or just wild speculation?; in any event by signing the contract the club put themselves in a position where they had to sell our 24 year old captain and talisman, mid season, for relative peanuts.

But hey don’t let the truth get in the way of staunch support of a board who repeatedly make similar “mistakes” and fail to progress the club.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 05, 2022, 09:21:44 am by roversdude »

Any evidence or just wild speculation?; in any event by signing the contract the club put themselves in a position where they had to sell our 24 year old captain and talisman, mid season, for relative peanuts.

But hey don’t let the truth get in the way of staunch support of a board who repeatedly make similar “mistakes” and fail to progress the club.

Relative peanuts …please back that up how much did we sell him for

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 05, 2022, 09:28:14 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
Wasn't Whiteman going to leave in the Summer but the club managed to persuade him to stay on, on the basis that he could go in Jan if the right offer came in?

Or did I imagine that?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 05, 2022, 09:30:04 am by silent majority »
Wasn't Whiteman going to leave in the Summer but the club managed to persuade him to stay on, on the basis that he could go in Jan if the right offer came in?

Or did I imagine that?

Yes that’s correct. He signed an extended contract to give us some financial bargaining power.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 05, 2022, 09:34:14 am by aidanstu »

Relative peanuts …please back that up how much did we sell him for

It was widely rumoured that the fee was around 1.5 to 1.6 million; Sheffield United self reported having a sell on clause; take into account we paid a six figure fee for him how much do you think the club made out of that transfer?

Now take into account the fact that this contributed to us not getting promoted, the lost revenue and everything else that has happened since. How much do you reckon that deal actually cost us in financial terms and status? It was, whichever way you look at it, peanuts for a player of his ilk and with that long left on his contract.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 05, 2022, 09:46:22 am by DonnyOsmond »
Yep CBCB I'd say 3-4 decent-good signings in 18 months Fej, Taylor (not on your list but if memory serves signed under Moore), Butler though only as a stop gap and potentially John we'll see how he develops. The rest tosh.

Meanwhile he released or allowed contracts to run down: Watters, Blair, May, Sadlier, Halliday, James, Wright amongst others. What we couldn't do with all these players right now.

Taylor was lined up by McCann, same with Sheaf. Moore just OK'd that he'd still take them.

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 05, 2022, 09:53:20 am by pigeonhole »
The players hold all the cards. Imagine the club had stymied his progress; how would that have made Whiteman feel? Do you think, after giving his all and earning the right to play at a higher level, that would be taken well by the player? Do you think putting a player, essentially, under house arrest would make him want to continue giving his all? No. Performances would drop, as they did when Moore had his head turned.

And how would it look to prospective signings in future? This club hold you back. Your career will stand still playing for the Rovers. Instead, we have a reputation for resurrecting careers and being a good place to play and improve.

There are too many people who’ve learned everything they know about football from video games and are so far removed from the real world it’s embarrassing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 05, 2022, 10:19:09 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

So you're saying Whiteman himself was lying when he explained his decision?

There's your evidence if you choose to ignore everything else.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 05, 2022, 10:32:23 am by aidanstu »
The players hold all the cards. Imagine the club had stymied his progress; how would that have made Whiteman feel? Do you think, after giving his all and earning the right to play at a higher level, that would be taken well by the player? Do you think putting a player, essentially, under house arrest would make him want to continue giving his all? No. Performances would drop, as they did when Moore had his head turned.

And how would it look to prospective signings in future? This club hold you back. Your career will stand still playing for the Rovers. Instead, we have a reputation for resurrecting careers and being a good place to play and improve.

There are too many people who’ve learned everything they know about football from video games and are so far removed from the real world it’s embarrassing.

Let’s put this in context; Rob Dickie, a 24 year old (same as Whiteman), centre back, who played for Oxford, who was there club captain (same as Whiteman) and had played half the games Whiteman had left for 2.5 million in the same transfer window to a championship club. This is despite having 1 year less on his contract. We received 40% less than Oxford and they were selling a centre half!!

How can that possibly be considered good business. Some people on here just do as they are told.

There is a good film on Netflix called “don’t look up” some folk would do well to watch it and take note.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 10:34:30 am by aidanstu »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 05, 2022, 10:45:24 am by Campsall rover »
Ever considered no one offered any more for Whiteman than what we actually got.
So if we had put a valuation on him of 2.5 million and no one was interested what would the situation have been.
Well I will tell you. He would have run down his contract and we would have got Zero for him.  Nought. Nothing.  That would have gone down well on this forum.

Good job your not running the club.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 05, 2022, 10:49:53 am by DMnumber4 »
Whiteman was a bigger loss than Moore.

Moore is a good coach, not a manager.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 05, 2022, 10:53:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Let’s put this in context; Rob Dickie, a 24 year old (same as Whiteman), centre back, who played for Oxford, who was there club captain (same as Whiteman) and had played half the games Whiteman had left for 2.5 million in the same transfer window to a championship club. This is despite having 1 year less on his contract. We received 40% less than Oxford and they were selling a centre half!!

How can that possibly be considered good business. Some people on here just do as they are told.

There is a good film on Netflix called “don’t look up” some folk would do well to watch it and take note.

You're just not listening are you. Have it your own way then, you're determined one way or another in this to paint the club in a bad light. Whiteman just as many other players before him want to better themselves and move on, rather than the club having to sell. When folk reluctantly accept that, then they start on the club again accusing them of accepting less than their perceived worth.

I remember JR batting off the same criticisms.  it's football, deal with it.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 05, 2022, 10:55:45 am by DearneValleyRover »

In no way is my post a staunch support of the board just stating the facts of what happened. SM has stated the same and it was reported at the time of his sale by Hoden, 3 separate statements

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 05, 2022, 11:05:48 am by aidanstu »
Ever considered no one offered any more for Whiteman than what we actually got.
So if we had put a valuation on him of 2.5 million and no one was interested what would the situation have been.
Well I will tell you. He would have run down his contract and we would have got Zero for him.  Nought. Nothing.  That would have gone down well on this forum.

Good job your not running the club.

If you went into a car showroom would you expect 40% off just because there was no one currently looking at the same vehicle? This is despite the fact it would likely depreciate in value. You’re also forgetting we trueness down a bid from Hull the summer before.

If the club have got themselves into a situation where they have to sell at a discount they only have themselves to blame.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 02:32:33 pm by aidanstu »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 05, 2022, 12:29:14 pm by roversdude »
And what did Hull offer ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 05, 2022, 12:34:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yep CBCB I'd say 3-4 decent-good signings in 18 months Fej, Taylor (not on your list but if memory serves signed under Moore), Butler though only as a stop gap and potentially John we'll see how he develops. The rest tosh.

Meanwhile he released or allowed contracts to run down: Watters, Blair, May, Sadlier, Halliday, James, Wright amongst others. What we couldn't do with all these players right now.

I'm sorry but it is simply ridiculous to blame Moore for the loss of Sadlier, Halliday, James and Wright.

There are plenty of things to criticise him for, but it gets silly when we are blaming him for players choosing to leave the club at the end of their contracts.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 05, 2022, 12:34:47 pm by idler »
Remember Southampton wanting Billy in the close season at over 3million? He didn’t want to move.
He then got injured at Brighton in the first game and missed a load of games. He got back to fitness and then miraculously it was in the press that he had a £1.1 million buy out clause in his contract.
Enter Adkins and they save over £2 million. The board were sure carved up there good an proper. Nobody criticised Billy over that at the time but it probably cost us any chance of staying up by losing out on the extra cash or not having his potential goals.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 05, 2022, 12:46:29 pm by ravenrover »

So what did we actually sell Whiteman for? No rumours no guesses no it was reported, what was the actual price, what was the spread of the deal how much up front how many payments what were the add ons, and substantiate it

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 05, 2022, 01:06:07 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

This is true it does look a bad deal the reported figure was around 1.5m wasn't it? But there's more to a deal than just the fee we might have got 1.5m upfront in cash rather than waiting 5 years to eventually get the 2.5m which is what Oxford are doing. Pure conjecture like.

I think Oxford have a reputation of selling a few good players who go on to do better. We just don't really. Like Barnsley instantly can get more for their players than we would because the industry respects the pedigree that Barnsley players often go on to big things. DRFC players don't so we can't get that premium

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 05, 2022, 02:11:01 pm by elmsallrover »
 :cool:
Remember Southampton wanting Billy in the close season at over 3million? He didn’t want to move.
He then got injured at Brighton in the first game and missed a load of games. He got back to fitness and then miraculously it was in the press that he had a £1.1 million buy out clause in his contract.
Enter Adkins and they save over £2 million. The board were sure carved up there good an proper. Nobody criticised Billy over that at the time but it probably cost us any chance of staying up by losing out on the extra cash or not having his potential goals.
can't believe a club would not know if a player had a sell on clause or not in a contract

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 05, 2022, 02:28:13 pm by aidanstu »

So what did we actually sell Whiteman for? No rumours no guesses no it was reported, what was the actual price, what was the spread of the deal how much up front how many payments what were the add ons, and substantiate it

It was widely reported; the club can hide behind the fact they don’t publish it but don’t be fooled by it. If you have any more reliable source to suggest I’m wrong I’m willing to listen.

You’re being drawn in by the lack of information and your loyalty to the board: similar happens in politics and racism.

Look at the fact available, that you can see with your own eyes and then consider your position.

Before we go down the route is sustainability there are 22 clubs in our division that are sustained and are doing it better than us.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 02:41:08 pm by aidanstu »

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 05, 2022, 02:30:32 pm by scunny rover »
Getting bored now

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 05, 2022, 02:31:12 pm by Ldr »
Getting bored now

You got more staying power than me, once he started whinging for the sake of it I had enough

TinyPortal © 2005-2012