Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:12:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 218 Pages Ago  (Read 764 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
218 Pages Ago
« on January 08, 2022, 01:40:44 pm by belton rover »
I’ve just accidentally clicked on page 218 of this forum instead of the latest one. It’s from over 10 years ago.
Take a look. If anyone can look at the contents of the forum then compared to now and still say that it hasn’t become a vehicle for forcing political opinion on others and dividing members into black and white ‘with me or agin me’ with nothing in between, then there really is no hope.
Of course there’s the occasional political post, and even one slating the BBC even then, but generally, it’s posts that are funny, entertaining, interesting and diverse. Usually trivial. Nice.

It’s not just page 218, but that time generally.

I accept my part in it becoming what it has today. I think everyone who posts should, some much, much more than others. But can it ever go back to a bit of fun, stress release instead of stress inducing?

I wish it could.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Re: 218 Pages Ago
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2022, 03:02:26 pm by afro goal machine »
What ever happened to the posters, Big Fat Daddy Heartbreaker and muff licker  :lol:

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2022, 03:17:42 pm by normal rules »
Muff licker

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2022, 03:47:47 pm by Nudga »
The only good thing about this modern site according to "a friend" is the cheeky little pants and bra adverts.
Totally immature if you ask me.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2022, 08:56:01 am by mugnapper »
The only good thing about this modern site according to "a friend" is the cheeky little pants and bra adverts.
Totally immature if you ask me.
I thought it was just me! I blamed my Mrs for looking for underwear on my IPad, not that she’d wear stuff like that. She prefers solid apple catchers, with enough material to make new sails for the Cutty Sark!

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2022, 09:50:41 am by belton rover »
Mrs belton put her sexy underwear on this morning, which means only one thing…

She’s fallen behind with the washing again.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 11, 2022, 10:14:21 am by sha66y »
Everyone’s gone politico, or PC or Pro this and pro that……

Can’t have a good honest opinion without someone making it into an issue…..shame on you!

That’s my bit of lightheartedness  for the new year….

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 11, 2022, 10:36:17 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Free speech means that I am perfectly free to express an opinion and you are perfectly free, with reasoned arguments, to point out where I'm wrong.

I tend to find people who bang on about free speech remember the first bit and forget about the second.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 11, 2022, 12:55:52 pm by belton rover »
Free speech means that I am perfectly free to express an opinion and you are perfectly free, with reasoned arguments, to point out where I'm wrong.

I tend to find people who bang on about free speech remember the first bit and forget about the second.

Not quite, Billy. Anyone is free to give opinion with or without what you consider reasoned arguments.
You, of course, are then free to respond or not.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012