Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:30:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: GM  (Read 9962 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: GM
« Reply #30 on January 08, 2022, 05:38:50 pm by dickos1 »
I suppose the question is has he improved what is already there?

That would be the sign of a good manager.

Can’t blame mcsheffrey when he’s managing half a squad that ain’t even his

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 08, 2022, 05:39:22 pm by glosterred »
Not good enough and most of us knew but let’s be honest he’s not what we need in this mess
1 win 5 losses !
0 shots on target agains fleetwood at home
Players are not playing for him

You need to look at the stats a little better!

COYR

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 08, 2022, 05:39:34 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I feel for GM with the mess he’s been left with. That being said he has made mistakes in the last 2 games. Bringing on cukur last week and the persistence with Rowes position today to name but 2. I know I’ve said it a few times now but he really needs some experience around him, not just his youth team staff

How would you have changed it then? What would you have done different?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 08, 2022, 05:40:58 pm by Bessie Red »
We need rid of Horton, Hiwula, Barlow, Cukur, Dodoo,Hasani, Greaves, Bogle. Apart from that we’re fine. How many we bringing in?
Why Hasani, he is better than Ravenhill. He hasn't once been played in his best position. We shouldn't be getting rid of are youth players however they shouldn't be being exposed to this relegation fight.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 08, 2022, 05:42:25 pm by Copps is Magic »
You can not blame GM for this squad, absolutely, but Wellens was sacked at the time he was with the hope that a new manager (and new signings) would impact our situation and that unequivocally hasn't happened.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 08, 2022, 05:42:46 pm by Donnybax »
Last week I’d have put Williams on instead of Cukur at 2-3. This week the issue was Horton wasn’t it so I’d probably have put Blythe on as a 3rd centre back and put Rowe as a wing back

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 08, 2022, 05:43:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
To extract tiny crumbs from the debacle today, Olowu and Ro-Shaun were ok at the back.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 08, 2022, 05:46:47 pm by knockers »
You clearly missed the last minute shot on target then
Take it back he’s the man for the job haha
Turned it off by then but on final official stats it states 0 shots on target

So you were not even at the game-wow!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 08, 2022, 05:47:59 pm by roversdude »
Please Will someone see that Rowe is not a left back, we were pulled to pieces down his side today by a bang average team that we made look good.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 08, 2022, 05:52:10 pm by Padge_DRFC »
A month since wellens was sacked and yet we look even more clueless. Calamity appointment.

Horton left wing baffling.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 08, 2022, 05:55:29 pm by steve@dcfd »
We must get players in next week or tell the supporters why. I know we have 7 players still injured none will be back for at least 3/4 weeks.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 08, 2022, 05:55:46 pm by Donnywolf »
.... I changed my PvO while players were paying their tributes based on my "perceived" feel that the starting 11 looked stronger than I had imagined

AND

Tommy Rowe was shown on left of front 3. What a mistake as he played Left back nearly all game - what a total waste of his talent

Also Ethan G should surely be on the edge of opponents box when we are 1-0 down. He seems wasted beating 2 or 3 opponents just outside our box

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 08, 2022, 06:11:42 pm by colincramb »
A month since wellens was sacked and yet we look even more clueless. Calamity appointment.

Horton left wing baffling.

It’s better than him being at left back though. The only place to watch horton defend is from behind the sofa

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 08, 2022, 07:31:36 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
So far an inexperienced manager given no help to improve things. He has taken on a right dead dog. I’m sure he is doing what he can but without help, he can’t possibly succeed.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 08, 2022, 08:55:06 pm by grayx »
So far an inexperienced manager given no help to improve things. He has taken on a right dead dog. I’m sure he is doing what he can but without help, he can’t possibly succeed.
Bet he wishes he’d stayed with the u’18’s

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 08, 2022, 09:09:00 pm by dickos1 »
You can not blame GM for this squad, absolutely, but Wellens was sacked at the time he was with the hope that a new manager (and new signings) would impact our situation and that unequivocally hasn't happened.

To be fair they’ve only had a week, you’re talking as though it’s now the 1st feb.
I’m 100% confident we will have new signings in for Wigan

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 08, 2022, 09:12:11 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Unless we make a few signings and get a few injured players back GMc has to be given slack. imo his job starts next summer. Now is time for him to suss out the deadwood (lots of it) and get our shit together for next summer.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 08, 2022, 09:24:44 pm by coventryrover »
Unless we make a few signings and get a few injured players back GMc has to be given slack. imo his job starts next summer. Now is time for him to suss out the deadwood (lots of it) and get our shit together for next summer.
  This....one hundred percent this.    Anything else and.my.mind boggles as he wouldn't have had any fair crack

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 08, 2022, 09:28:06 pm by mushRTID »

This is where we’re at.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 08, 2022, 09:30:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He says he thinks there will be 1 maybe 2 in before next week.

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 08, 2022, 09:33:05 pm by Bills view »
Many people are questioning effort and commitment. I tend to see players trying but not up to the required standard. It's like a good club runner having a race against an elite athlete and being left trailing. They would be giving their all but are not at that level. I see the game passing too many of our players by for the same reason. There is a serious lack of influence and impact. Particularly midfield and up front. Any time a team turns up the heat like they did at the start of the second half, we are found wanting. I see the key issue as the footballing ability of most of the team.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 08, 2022, 09:34:06 pm by Upton Rover »
Can’t blame GM at this moment in time even though I will still stand by my original thoughts that he’s not the kind of manager we wanted, I believe the board gave him the job knowing we would likely to be playing in L2 next season and knowing that he would be happy with the so called budget thrown at him. He’s made some bad decisions in the last 2 games, mainly formations and substitutes. We got to give him time to see who he can get rid of and who he brings in, but with this board I wouldn’t hold my breath on the latter.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 08, 2022, 09:40:40 pm by The Beast »
Cant blame GM he's tried stuff today we just have a pretty rubbish squad.

One thing we actually looked better defensively overall.  The attack is woeful though and that needs new players.
What’s he tried that’s new and putting his stamp on the game today ?
Gone back to Tommy at left back ? Then when it clearly wasn’t working after 20 min he leaves him there for the next 70 plz tell me u think this is good management

Who you putting at left back instead of Rowe? Horton struggled last week there but has shown some ability putting crosses into the box, so if we put him back there that would then potentially be our weak area. Ideally we'd bring in a left back this window but it's probably 5th on the priority list after a creative winger, defensive midfielder, striker and center back.

I could definitely see the rationale behind putting Rowe at left back and Horton further forward but Horton was woeful today, infuriating! On at least 3 occasions he had the opportunity to whip in a cross but tried to be clever, shimmied and knocked the ball past the fullback and didn’t have the pace to get it, the fullback lit his cigar, took the ball comfortably and we were chasing the ball again.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 08, 2022, 11:04:08 pm by colincramb »
It’s not his fault, but the fact Horton is anywhere near our first 11 days all you need to know. A lot of improvement is required if he’s going to carve a career out in professional football

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 09, 2022, 12:12:55 am by bpoolrover »
 I would love gm to succeed but he has to take notice of his own words, in his post match interview he criticised for lack of bravery, playing Rowe at left back shows a lack of bravery in his own team selection

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 09, 2022, 12:23:05 am by normal rules »
He says he thinks there will be 1 maybe 2 in before next week.

If there are to be signings, please don’t let them be a throw of the dice type , we can turn things around type. Waste of their time and the clubs. More so for drfc. No loan player come season end will give a shit for drfc in lge 2.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 09, 2022, 07:49:54 am by DRFCSouth »
I suppose the question is has he improved what is already there?

That would be the sign of a good manager.

Can’t blame mcsheffrey when he’s managing half a squad that ain’t even his
Granted, it isn't his squad. He's inherited a shocking situation.

But the question stands after a month in charge, are we seeing any improvement?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 09, 2022, 08:00:13 am by dickos1 »
I think we are,
Yesterday was poor but we’ve seen improvements in his other games, we’ve scored more goals, looked more threatening,
But he’s still got the same squad that’s been terrible all season, blaming mcsheffrey is nonsense for me

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 09, 2022, 08:07:51 am by DRFCSouth »
I think we are,
Yesterday was poor but we’ve seen improvements in his other games, we’ve scored more goals, looked more threatening,
But he’s still got the same squad that’s been terrible all season, blaming mcsheffrey is nonsense for me
The problem seems deeper rooted than GM.

There was a reaction when we went behind. Which always begs the question why we can't sustain it.

Hopefully he will get the signings he wants. Then we will maybe see an improvement.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 09, 2022, 08:09:57 am by sha66y »
I’m of the opinion ( controversially)
GM should resist buying any players during January…why bring in players who could more than likely be relegated?
He should blood as many young ones as possible to get them to man up for next seasons battles in lge2…
He should seek assurances that the money saved from not buying in January can be added to next years budget to give him a decent sum of money to bring in the players he wants albeit to give us a fighting chance of getting out of lge2 at the first go…

Meanwhile we persevere with the current fit players and allow them to express themselves knowing the result really is not overly  important….!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012